Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who has a PST?

Poncho65 · 174 · 12017

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Who has a PST?
on: March 28, 2009, 02:48:22 AM
 :D I don't believe that I have done 1 of these yet with the PST :ahhh so I guess it's a good a time as any ;)

The PST started it all and is a great MT :cheers: It was my 1st full sized MT and is a great all around tool

Anybody else have 1 ::) (like I don't know who you are :pok: :D ) If you have love for this tool let's here about it :tu:

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Who has a PST?
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:01:10 AM
I`ve got three at the moment. Will proably get more as time goes on.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

:tu: and if you want to know how to date the predated ones then the stickied thread at the top of the LM forum will point you in the right direction :cheers: here's a link  ;)

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,5877.0.html

plus it's a very interesting read and history on the tool :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 03:08:56 AM
I have a couple  :P
I used to come here a lot.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 03:26:25 AM
I have a couple  :P (Hundred :pok: :D)

I have a last model PST & a Riveted one(one of my most valued tools) . Dave is right the PST has a classical look/style, but like a classic car, better to look at than drive IMHO .

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 03:30:08 AM
 I have one, which has been back to the MotherLand 3 times: Broke the small screwdriver, broke off the blade and torqued out the pliers head.  The last time they sent me a replacement tool, it's got the newer style phillips driver (a marked improvement IMO).

It has been my EDC on the farm from 1993 until 2008 when I got the Skeletool.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 03:37:05 AM
I have a couple  :P

Yeah I got a couple floating around too

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 03:47:30 AM
yea , there's 1 or 2,   or 12 around here somewhere :)
Dennis

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:52:22 AM
I guess that the PST is just 1 of the best and easiest (hardest in some aspects ::) ) MT to collect

You can have 2 or 3 and all be different or you can have ( :think: how many variations to date Dave? :D ) like 20 variations and still not have them all possibly :o

I think that if a person wanted to collect PSTs it would be easy to amass 100 of them and have more or less a cheap collection if they watched Ebay and such places :tu:

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 03:54:34 AM
LM Charge's are the tools to collect!  :D :D I have made out rather well though.. John and Dennis have helped out a TON!!  :cheers: Honestly, I got three or four Charge's from Dennis and three from John!  :tu:
B

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 04:00:55 AM
LM Charge's are the tools to collect!  :D :D I have made out rather well though.. John and Dennis have helped out a TON!!  :cheers: Honestly, I got three or four Charge's from Dennis and three from John!  :tu:
This Thread is'nt about charges :twak: :twak: . But I will give you a break this time since your a newlywed and have your mind   elsewhere :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:06:05 AM by WH867 »
Dennis

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:56 AM
I guess that the PST is just 1 of the best and easiest (hardest in some aspects ::) ) MT to collect

You can have 2 or 3 and all be different or you can have ( :think: how many variations to date Dave? :D ) like 20 variations and still not have them all possibly :o

I think that if a person wanted to collect PSTs it would be easy to amass 100 of them and have more or less a cheap collection if they watched Ebay and such places :tu:

I think you are right Ponch most Riveted PST's seem to go for between $20-$40us(?when prices will go up) , very reasonable. Now the Gold plated 10th anniversary ones are a different story  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:08:21 AM
Well we got to post #9 before it went off topic :D I think it's a record ::) usually it's on the 3rd or 4th post ;)

So Nikko got any PSTs ya wanna talk about :pok: :D

I think you are right Ponch most Riveted PST's seem to go for between $20-$40us(?when prices will go up) , very reasonable. Now the Gold plated 10th anniversary ones are a different story  :D

Yeah what would a Gold PST go for :think: somebody (Bob) got a picture of 1 :pok: :D

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 04:09:32 AM
I've never had one. I once was going to buy one because it was on sale at a local hardware store but by the time I had saved up enough money someone had already purchased it.  :cry:
(

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 04:10:36 AM
I have about three PST's...  :( 1 is riveted, one has thee old plier head a knurled screws, and one is has the newer plier head with USA etched off
B

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 04:11:55 AM
I've never had one. I once was going to buy one because it was on sale at a local hardware store but by the time I had saved up enough money someone had already purchased it.  :cry:

PM me,I think we could work out something
I

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 04:18:06 AM
Cool 8) we may have another member soon in the PST fan club :tu: :D

us Offline David

Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 05:25:31 AM

:tu: and if you want to know how to date the predated ones then the stickied thread at the top of the LM forum will point you in the right direction :cheers: here's a link  ;)

Lots of good stuff there. I`ve been training two other people on what to look for while they are out prowlin around with the info in that thread. One of them spotted a PST with Pocket Survival Tool on the side in very good condition but didnt get it for me as he thought it was priced to high. When he told me the price I said I would have paid that for it. Next time please call me when you spot one. The hunt is always interesting.   :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 05:33:39 AM
Don;t have one.  HAve a Sideclip, but no PST.  Want one really bad, but don't have one yet.  Maybe one day.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 05:47:54 AM
I got mine from Dennis a while back  :tu: :cheers:

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 06:51:03 AM
I have only one and it's black from 1995.  I have been carrying it quite a bit 'cause it's nice 'n light and has a nice compliment of tools for my use.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 07:45:37 AM
The PST was the second MT I bought. I have three now including one with rivets.
Gabba gabba hey!!

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 07:49:34 AM

Lots of good stuff there. I`ve been training two other people on what to look for while they are out prowlin around with the info in that thread. One of them spotted a PST with Pocket Survival Tool on the side in very good condition but didnt get it for me as he thought it was priced to high. When he told me the price I said I would have paid that for it. Next time please call me when you spot one. The hunt is always interesting.   :)

Careful Dave I bought one of those & the actual item was not the one in the photo  >:(, apparently there were a number of sellers using the one photo of the ultra rare PST (POCKET SURVIVAL TOOL) to sell run of the mill PST's

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:50 AM
I've got several. It's hard to top the original. Newer tools are more sophisticated, but nothing beats the original for all around functionality / weight / simplicity / pocketability / value. :multi:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 12:04:46 PM
I have 2, one riveted and one that I have changed the plier head on and fitted a pocket clip.  I'd ideally like to get another one day that has the knurled screws and that isn't modded, but there are many other things on the list before that happens.
I'm back!!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 03:56:20 PM
I've got several. It's hard to top the original. Newer tools are more sophisticated, but nothing beats the original for all around functionality / weight / simplicity / pocketability / value. :multi:

I quite agree.  :)  When mine arrived in trade a month or so ago I had believe it or not ever seen one before other than in pictures.  I was very surprised at how small/compact it was.  I thought man this is about the size of my sog pocket powerplier which is what I usually edc.  Funny but I just bought a Leathy ALX and have yet to carry it.  Don't know why just haven't warmed up to it yet.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 04:21:27 PM
Sideclips even thinner & has the clip  :pok: :D

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 04:39:07 PM

thinner than the pst?  wow thats amazing.  same tool compliment?

sean

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 05:05:44 PM
I have one PST, the one I recently got on Ebay for $12.  I just like having it but I can't see me every EDC'ing it.  I have to have one hand opening and locking blades.  I'll stick with my Charge TTi which recently replaced my trusty New Wave as my EDC.

Even if small tool size were of utmost importance I would still have to carry something with locking blades and tools.

I every day carried a PST back in the 90's for the whole decade and I mangled myself several time when the phillips driver folded up on me during hard use.
The PST is an awesome tool and served as an inspiration for most other multi's but now it's just a museum piece for me.
:)

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 05:10:07 PM

thinner than the pst?  wow thats amazing.  same tool compliment?

sean

Sadly no mate the sidey does not have a file or awl.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69