Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What tool did you carry today?

Gareth · 47856 · 1555844

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: What tool did you carry today?
Reply #6210 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38:07 PM
Today is an awful tool day!  Forgot my SAK and MT!!!!!  :twak: :facepalm:  All I have is my Spydie.  I feel so ashamed!!  :doh:

You should feel ashamed :twak:  You seem to be slipping with this lately.  I think you need help...send me all your MTs/SAKs (since you aren't carrying them anyway :pok:) and I will develop a rotational schedule for you :rofl: ;)
My head was all wonky this morning.  I even had my TTi and Climber laid out so I'd take them, but I didn't put them in my normal spot, so I only grabbed my Spydie.

I'll do better tomorrow, I promise!!!!

Today is an awful tool day!  Forgot my SAK and MT!!!!!  :twak: :facepalm:  All I have is my Spydie.  I feel so ashamed!!  :doh:
At least you have your knife.

live from Nate's mobile

If I had of forgotten that, I would have went home sick today.  Don't think I could of coped with nothing at all!  :ahhh

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6211 on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:42 PM
I know what you mean Derek.  I've forgotten my watch and/or tacpen multiple times just by not placing them in the right spot, or by being preoccupied with getting my butt ready and out the door too quickly. 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #6212 on: April 16, 2014, 02:33:57 AM
I know what you mean Derek.  I've forgotten my watch and/or tacpen multiple times just by not placing them in the right spot, or by being preoccupied with getting my butt ready and out the door too quickly.

But never the multitool.
Leatherman

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6213 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:29 AM

But never the multitool.

You got that right :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6214 on: April 16, 2014, 05:22:23 AM
Pic of my carry at work today:  original Wave and Explorer

K-Tibbs

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #6215 on: April 16, 2014, 06:02:39 AM
Micra & Cadet today while I hung out at the shop :D
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

nz Offline RimfireNZ

Reply #6216 on: April 16, 2014, 07:25:21 AM
Still testing out the squirt (pocket carry). The wave is in the backpack just in case though.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #6217 on: April 16, 2014, 02:23:51 PM
OK, I'm back in the game today.  Carrying my TTi, Evogrip 10, and Spydie Breeden Rescue.  Feeling much, much better today! :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #6218 on: April 16, 2014, 02:34:30 PM
Feel better now?

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #6219 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:43 PM
I feel right some gooder.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6220 on: April 16, 2014, 03:38:19 PM
OK, I'm back in the game today.  Carrying my TTi, Evogrip 10, and Spydie Breeden Rescue.  Feeling much, much better today! :tu:

Good man :tu:  You gotta keep your head in the game ;) 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6221 on: April 16, 2014, 04:01:13 PM
So today is the Supertool's carry trial.  It's accompanied by the Rogue and Crater c33.  So far it doesn't seem like the size/weight will be a carry issue.  However, I think the reason for that is due to some weight gain on my part ;)  I remember last year (before I sold some of my MTs) that my Charges, and even the Blast and Rebar seemed to become too noticeable in the back pocket.  They seemed loose, even next to my wallet, but this also depended on the pants I was wearing too.  Anyway, that no longer seems to be an issue, and I've realized why :whistle:

So I think I will be able to carry the Supertool just fine for now, but I will have to try it in each pair of pants as they all seem to be different, even though they're all the same size.  However, should I lose any significant weight (and I really should), then I could see looser pants causing more room for the Supertool to knock around in the back pocket and become more noticeable.

My only issue right now that I can think of, is that it may seem to be a bit much if I have to pull the Supertool out for the pliers or whatever in front of witnesses.  They may find it strange that I have this honking, beastly tool on me, which would look a bit odd in an office setting I would imagine.  Also, considering the nature of most tasks I encounter that require pliers (usually more fine work, not "tradesman" type work), as well as the fact that I only occasionally actually have a need for the MT (most times the SAK is sufficient), the Supertool does seem to be a bit much.  It may not be worth carrying a tool of this size/weight when something like a PST/Rebar is likely all I really need. 

Still, I really like it, and I'm enjoying opening the tools as they give a solid, and fairly audible snap when they lock.  I'm even getting to enjoy unlocking them, although some of them are close to being nail breakers.  That could be due to the age of the tool, and the fact that it wasn't used.  It may just need some oil of some kind to remedy that.  I figure I may as well be practicing the unlocking method so that should I need to deploy a tool, I can do so and not spend 30secs trying to disengage the lock ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:03:16 PM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6222 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:10 PM
Glad you like it. But remember, no such thing with you tool being to big. And I'm taking about the supertool you prevs! Lmao!
 :)

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6223 on: April 16, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
Glad you like it. But remember, no such thing with you tool being to big. And I'm taking about the supertool you prevs! Lmao!
 :)

live from Nate's mobile

:rofl:  My mind went to the gutter on that line before I even read the next one :rofl:  I consider you a little biased on the size/weight issue since you usually carry the Surge or the SOG Powerlock (?), which are both heavy duty MTs.  Or at least I know the Surge is, and I believe it must be a good 3-4oz heavier than the original Supertool.  So the Supertool probably would seem like a medium duty to you ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #6224 on: April 16, 2014, 08:33:56 PM
Carrying my Rebar and MP600 my new permanent setup. Both fit great in sheaths next to each other and solve my indecision on which to carry.
SAW

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #6225 on: April 16, 2014, 08:47:58 PM
Haven't took pics, but...

1. In car
- Vic SwissTool Spirit X plus

2. In murse:
- 4sevens Preon 2
- Vic Explorer
- PTX Brewzer
- Vic Manager
- Vic nail clipper
- Quantum D2

3. In laptop bag:
- LM P4
- Swiss+Tech Micro Slim 9in1
- Duct tape and some wire rolled on old card..

4. In pocket:
- Handkerchief
- RAT 1

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm GTG
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6226 on: April 17, 2014, 06:22:53 PM
My Surge.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #6227 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:56 PM
Swapped between the Orange Fuse and Cabelas Charge this week.
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

us Offline Random Dan

• I am a leaf on the wind
Reply #6228 on: April 17, 2014, 08:44:16 PM
At home right now, so this guy is all I got on me.
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods"

us Offline Dale

Reply #6229 on: April 17, 2014, 10:23:00 PM

I'm thinking of the immortal words of Socrates.. He said.. " I drank what?"

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #6230 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:54 AM
Only a Cadet today. Lazy day at home watching baseball all day :D
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6231 on: April 18, 2014, 04:16:34 AM
Supertool, Rogue and Crater c33 again today. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6232 on: April 18, 2014, 12:56:49 PM
Surge.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6233 on: April 18, 2014, 03:36:56 PM
PST and Rogue last night at home.  The trial continues with the Supertool today, paired with the Rogue and Crater c33.  I'm still rather liking it, regardless of the fact that it may be "overkill" for my line of work :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #6234 on: April 18, 2014, 06:23:46 PM
PST and Rogue last night at home.  The trial continues with the Supertool today, paired with the Rogue and Crater c33.  I'm still rather liking it, regardless of the fact that it may be "overkill" for my line of work :tu:
Is there really such a thing as overkill? I carry both a MP600 AND Rebar, is that over-doing it? I sure hope not. I just can't make up my mind, what's the crime in that  ???
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6235 on: April 18, 2014, 07:02:49 PM
Is there really such a thing as overkill? I carry both a MP600 AND Rebar, is that over-doing it? I sure hope not. I just can't make up my mind, what's the crime in that  ???

Well, I would say not imo.  In an office setting though, that could be a different story, but there's no one monitoring such things.  Although the other day, one woman here asked (jokingly) if I was allowed to carry that "MacGuyver knife" (Sidekick-X clipped to my back pocket..which means she was looking at my bum, but I'm sure the shiny clip drew her attention :rofl:), and if I needed clearance or something.  I just mean that I may get funny looks should I ever whip out a beast like the Supertool, but then again, I may get those looks if I pulled out a Rebar too :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:13:21 PM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #6236 on: April 18, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
Ya, you might as well whip out a chainsaw the way people react and it's usually a female questioning it. I think by nature most women (not all) are just pinko that way.

Anyhow I'm glad I never get questioned about my EDC and if I did I'd tell'em to mind their own smurfing business!

:D
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6237 on: April 18, 2014, 07:22:52 PM
Ya, you might as well whip out a chainsaw the way people react and it's usually a female questioning it. I think by nature most women (not all) are just pinko that way.

Anyhow I'm glad I never get questioned about my EDC and if I did I'd tell'em to mind their own smurfing business!

Yeah, but fortunately in my case, it's not often I have to use my MT at work anyway.  If I do, most times it's not a situation with an audience. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #6238 on: April 18, 2014, 07:25:17 PM

Yeah, but fortunately in my case, it's not often I have to use my MT at work anyway.  If I do, most times it's not a situation with an audience.
You might consider wearing a fanny pack and keeping your tools in there. That way nobody knows what you have on you.  ;)
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6239 on: April 18, 2014, 07:29:33 PM

You might consider wearing a fanny pack and keeping your tools in there. That way nobody knows what you have on you.  ;)

Haha, if I wore a fanny pack, I would get many more questions ;)  The Sidekick is the only one that stands out due to the shiny SS clip.  With the Charge TTi, I use the black clip, which blends in well for the most part.  The others are in pocket completely, so no attention is drawn.  That was actually the first and only time there has ever been any comment about this sort of thing.  Most times nobody says anything if I pull out a SAK to open a box or something.  And they best keep it that way >:D
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD