Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What light did you carry today?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What light did you carry today?
Reply #1140 on: October 12, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
New page banana man dance.     :nanadance:   :nanadance:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1141 on: October 12, 2016, 03:20:24 PM
Tool AAA...

(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tu:
Thanks Z... :cheers:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #1142 on: October 12, 2016, 06:05:41 PM
The newer Thrunite T10 has become a firm favourite with me lately. This is a light which just seems to do what I need with no fuss. The switch has a nice positive action, and I'm unlikely to turn it on accidentally. It remembers my most used light level, and there's no ancillary modes that I don't need. The mid level is perfect for general use, and the high and low levels are also just right for me whilst getting a decent battery life. The belt clip has great retention without destroying pockets, and even if it did get lost, it's not an expensive light. It's got that Goldilocks "just right" quality.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1143 on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:49 AM

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #1144 on: October 20, 2016, 04:09:46 PM
The nights are getting longer...  It's that time of year when I spend more thought each day considering what flashlight to carry.  This is especially true when Daylight Saving Time ends in November.

How about you?  Do your flashlight habits change during the darker half of the year?

Peak Pacific

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:10:52 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #1145 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:23 PM
How about you?  Do your flashlight habits change during the darker half of the year?

Through the lighter months, I rely on the Nitecore Tube on my keys, and the little Ti Klarus AAA on my neck lanyard. Anything else is a bonus. As the darker times approach, I start carrying a "primary" light more. When I was working, it was a Quark Tactical AA2, but at the moment a Thrunite T10 is proving to be perfectly adequate. I still have the keys and lanyard backups in case of flat battery or loss, but the Thrunite is doing most of the work.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1146 on: October 20, 2016, 05:04:31 PM

Through the lighter months, I rely on the Nitecore Tube on my keys, and the little Ti Klarus AAA on my neck lanyard. Anything else is a bonus. As the darker times approach, I start carrying a "primary" light more. When I was working, it was a Quark Tactical AA2, but at the moment a Thrunite T10 is proving to be perfectly adequate. I still have the keys and lanyard backups in case of flat battery or loss, but the Thrunite is doing most of the work.

I definitely start carrying a "coat" light as well as whatever is on my keys.  A "coat" light is something that'll fit nicely in a outside pocket, has a tail switch and not be too small to find and orientate easily.  Right now it's the Convoy mini S2 (18350/16340) filling the role, but could easily be a larger 1xAA or a compact 18650.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #1147 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:03 PM
That's very similar to what I do.  I have a AAA or (usually) AA light in my pocket year round, but select from a wider range of them in the colder months, mostly just because I'm thinking about it more and want variety.  I also carry an 18650 light in my jacket or coat for more lumens and runtime.  My wintertime lights are typically more "tactical" in use because I tend to carry a sidearm more in the winter.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:09:07 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #1148 on: October 30, 2016, 04:50:45 AM
:cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1149 on: October 31, 2016, 10:13:54 AM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1150 on: November 01, 2016, 06:31:50 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1151 on: November 01, 2016, 08:28:48 PM
My Thrunite TN12 was mounted on my rifle last night for a bit of after dark target shooting, but has stayed on as my coat light.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #1152 on: November 01, 2016, 09:42:38 PM
My Thrunite TN12 was mounted on my rifle last night for a bit of after dark target shooting, but has stayed on as my coat light.

Looks like Mk.1 TN-12 with the XM-L?  Nice light.  :tu:
- Terry

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1153 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:55 AM

Looks like Mk.1 TN-12 with the XM-L?  Nice light.  :tu:

You've got a good eye mate. :salute:

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #1154 on: November 02, 2016, 09:14:59 PM
Amici,
Today, I am carrying the Nitecore TIP for pocket carry, and an LED Maglite Solitaire McGizmo clipped to my car keys.

Cheers,
Serge
TIP NC MLS.jpeg
* TIP NC MLS.jpeg (Filesize: 146.12 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #1155 on: November 11, 2016, 05:24:50 PM
The first thing I'm going to do is send my MiNi back to 4Sevens for (10 year!) warranty replacement.  I'm sure I will receive a cool white one back, but that's better than nothing at this point.

Just as a follow up...  I received my replacement Mini MA yesterday.  It's a great light, but I don't like it as well as my old XP-G neutral.  It's cool white of course, which I will have to get used to, but should be fine as I mostly use this light indoors.  Also, the efficiency of the cool while XP-G2 is so much greater that the low level is really too bright for the what I used it for on the old light.  That's a shame, because I frequently used it to get up in the middle of the night and navigate around the house.  I might eventually swap out the emitter for something in a neutral tint and lower lux bin to compensate for these issues.

On the positive side, it seems nearly as bright on Eneloops as the old one was on Li-Ion, so I don't have to worry about overheating it.  And, of course, FourSevens deserves mad props for their service and 10-year warranty.  There are many good reasons that I carry FourSevens lights more than any other brand.

:cheers:

I'm carrying Old Reliable today:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:38:20 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #1156 on: November 11, 2016, 05:59:19 PM
Olight i3E EOS to match my SAK

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #1157 on: November 12, 2016, 01:51:42 AM
Olight i3E EOS to match my SAK

Very cool in copper  8)   :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1158 on: November 12, 2016, 01:54:08 AM
That's very similar to what I do.  I have a AAA or (usually) AA light in my pocket year round, but select from a wider range of them in the colder months, mostly just because I'm thinking about it more and want variety.  I also carry an 18650 light in my jacket or coat for more lumens and runtime.  My wintertime lights are typically more "tactical" in use because I tend to carry a sidearm more in the winter.

Must be nice to only have crime in the colder months.

:pok:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #1159 on: November 12, 2016, 11:43:21 AM

Must be nice to only have crime in the colder months.

:pok:

Yeah.  I need to find a more comfortable carry option for the warmer ones... 
- Terry

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #1160 on: November 12, 2016, 05:48:47 PM
Amici,
Today I have for EDC, an Eagtac D25C, as well as a steel NumyTH brand battery locker for a spare Panasonic CR123A battery.

Cheers,
Anthony
EDC Light.jpeg
* EDC Light.jpeg (Filesize: 159.04 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

hu Offline krilaster

Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:11 AM
I carry a BLF A6 Today!
Usualy i use a nitecore ec25 cobra also
To the mountains....
Two wheels or foot,,,,

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1162 on: November 18, 2016, 05:08:07 PM
My toys:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #1163 on: November 20, 2016, 02:34:19 AM
Got this Fenix E15 back in July to replace the E05 on my keychain. Been carrying it ever since.

Sure is nice to have the extra lumens on tap when you need it :)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1164 on: November 20, 2016, 03:12:14 AM
So now with the time change and all I "must" carry several lights  :whistle:

Around my neck on a ball chain is my 4/7s Preon P0, in my pocket is a SS Fenix E05, and yes theres an and, and on a Victorinox belt clip is my Olight i3S EOS  :D.  I have promised myself a Zebralight as an early Xmas gift this year.  As you can see I'm not particularly set on one brand. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #1165 on: November 20, 2016, 07:38:52 AM

hr Offline styx

Reply #1166 on: November 20, 2016, 10:21:59 AM
Nice setup
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1167 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:53 PM
evening carry

My toys:

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #1168 on: November 23, 2016, 01:19:30 PM
At work I carry a Streamlight Protac 2L and a Photon Microlight on my keyring. Off duty I carry either a Nitecore MT1C or a Streamlight 1L/1AA (really digging the "dual fuel" option) and an Inova Microlight in red on my keys. If I'm dressing up, I carry either an Inova 1AA or a Nitecore Thumb.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1169 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:15 PM
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%