Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?

Blackbeard · 5824 · 425289

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #5220 on: May 26, 2016, 09:41:10 PM
This morning I cut some tough fibrous Agave leaves with my Salt, my MAXAM fixed blade and the replaceable saws from the Legend.

They worked great.

But the saw was too short, and fragile, reason why I switched over to the fixed blade

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5221 on: May 30, 2016, 11:27:13 PM
The handlebars on my bike were very loose. Got the Spirit RT out and took care of it. :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #5222 on: May 31, 2016, 02:52:59 AM
I had to tighten up a door jamb on a double door at work today.  The screws are constantly backing out on this door for some reason, causing it to stick and not shut properly. 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5223 on: June 02, 2016, 03:01:38 AM
I used the Signal's blade for various cutting tasks while working at the house tonight.  Also used the phillips driver for attaching a TV to its stand.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #5224 on: June 02, 2016, 07:05:32 AM
I used my ST's file to deburr a new key that I had made for work.  The blanks we have are too long and have to be trimmed down so they leave a nasty burr that will gum up the lock if you try to let it wear off.  That's one thing about the Rebar I don't like, the file is too sharp for those applications and hangs on the burr rather than removing it, while the PST/Supertool/pulse files are perfect for that.  Now that I think of it most of the files I've used on a lot of LM's are really good, the rebar is the only one that is too sharp.

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #5225 on: June 02, 2016, 04:44:48 PM
I used my lm wave in combo with Topeak mini 9 to fix my punctured tire on my bike for the third time in a short period.
topeak.jpg
* topeak.jpg (Filesize: 401.33 KB)

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #5226 on: June 02, 2016, 07:39:22 PM
Used my supertool to remove a thorn from my sons bike tire
Weasel

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5227 on: June 04, 2016, 05:25:21 AM
I used the Supertool's pliers to tighten a loose nut on one of the legs on our bench.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #5228 on: June 07, 2016, 12:38:46 PM
Used my supertool to cut loads of fencing wire that was weaved into a hedge that we were removing.
Weasel

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5229 on: June 07, 2016, 05:18:59 PM
Cutting wire, opening the broken coffee machine

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5230 on: June 09, 2016, 07:29:54 PM
Garden fence maintenance

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5231 on: June 14, 2016, 09:03:14 PM
Saved my ass today in a nonworking public bathroom

Tourists were going in and out all the time, and the lock was broken.

More than one got caught with his pants down during the morning.

When I had to go in, I just locked the door the Multitool way!

My toys:

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Reply #5232 on: June 15, 2016, 09:16:29 AM
Filing down a rough edge on my daughter's dental retainer - this has to be the weirdest use I've put one to so far  :facepalm:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #5233 on: June 15, 2016, 06:02:47 PM
Cut open a case of water with my Vic Soldier last night..
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5234 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:12 PM
Used the Spirit's butter blade to open up the package containing...

yup, another Spirit   :D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:50:59 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5235 on: June 28, 2016, 03:18:13 PM
Used the Spirit's butter blade to open up the package containing...

yup, another Spirit   :D

Does that make the first Spirit a meta-Multi-Tool ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #5236 on: June 29, 2016, 12:10:22 AM
I used my ST's file to deburr a new key that I had made for work.  The blanks we have are too long and have to be trimmed down so they leave a nasty burr that will gum up the lock if you try to let it wear off.  That's one thing about the Rebar I don't like, the file is too sharp for those applications and hangs on the burr rather than removing it, while the PST/Supertool/pulse files are perfect for that.  Now that I think of it most of the files I've used on a lot of LM's are really good, the rebar is the only one that is too sharp.
I do sometimes wish my Rebar had a diamond file. It's not a "budget" model like the Wingman, so why hold back?

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #5237 on: June 29, 2016, 04:51:36 PM
Today we used three tools to dissassemble (/break) an Epson printer

Gerber mp400: supports the great torque needed to unscrew stuck screws, but Phillips (and other tools) are too small to reach some locations  :-\
Leatherman Micra : can reach some deeper screws and didn't suffer from the torque even with the 2D Phillips
Vic Huntsman : used the small flat driver and saw (to reduce plastic waste size)

IMG_20160629_151848.jpg
* IMG_20160629_151848.jpg (Filesize: 159.28 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5238 on: July 01, 2016, 08:03:43 PM
...plant maintenance at mom's place today.

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5239 on: July 14, 2016, 09:40:24 PM
And painting rojects at Momma's this week

Spirit performed as expected!

My toys:

us Offline metasyntax

Reply #5240 on: July 21, 2016, 02:52:24 PM
Used my Spirit to adjust the front derailleur on my bike, which had just recently starting rubbing the chainring for some reason. I noticed in the process that my large chainring is slightly warped, but it's not bad enough to affect anything. I recently started riding this bike, which is about 15 years old, a Huffy that I bought from Target when I was in high school. It's probably been 10 years since I rode it last. While a little rough around the edges, it still rides OK.
May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

Offline Ryo Saeba

Reply #5241 on: July 21, 2016, 04:06:56 PM
One of my alpacas got his head stuck in the fence so I had to cut the wire with my wave. He was fine and didn't lose hardly any hair.  I guess I'll be replacing the woven wire with some horse fence sometime soon.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #5242 on: July 21, 2016, 06:13:52 PM
To pose in a tree for a piccy for the juice cover GAW  :rofl:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #5243 on: July 22, 2016, 10:47:35 PM
So at the fort we need a new sponge covering for the sponge we use for firing (the sponge is a sheep skin covered stick that you use to send down the barrel of the gun before and after firing to extinguish any embers before loading).  When we took the old cover off we found out that some used steel nail not the brass tacks you are supposed to use (steel can cause sparks which is the opposite of what the sponge is suppose to do :facepalm:).  So I took on the project of trying to remove the nails that put up a fight coming out. 

So yesterday I tried many things such as heating up a spike to burn the the nails out, but I really thought a 93mm inline awl was the right tool for the job.  Normally this would not be a problem as I carry my Pioneer X so I run over to the locker room and find that the day before I had forgotten the X in my waterproof box after kayaking.  So today I made sure to bring her out and with the awl and a cold chisel I was able to shorten the nails and then embed in the wood where they can't create sparks.

So the Swiss Army has saved the Union Army :D
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 171.65 KB)

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

england Offline Kev D

Reply #5244 on: July 23, 2016, 07:16:10 PM
Had a few parcels to send today. The little blade on the squirt ps4 was very handy for trimming the tape and labels. A very handy little tool

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #5245 on: July 23, 2016, 09:07:21 PM
Used my ST 300 plier head to break up larger clumps of ice to fit in my 34oz tumbler. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #5246 on: July 25, 2016, 05:13:38 AM
Friend of mine is residing his house this week. Spent the day helping him get ready. In the party, there was my LM Rebar, a second Rebar, an ST300 and a Wave, along with a bunch of SAKs, mostly Climbers and Supertinkers. In attendence were also a number of small multipurpose bars including my Pocketwrench II.

Among other tasks:

Removing lights and door bells.
Repairing improperly run wiring.
Fixing the compressor that will be powering the nailgun.
Cutting tyvek and that press on tar tape.
Cutting bands from around bundles of shingles.
Removing extranious phone line runs.
Removing prior owner's satellite dish and wiring.
Dismounting a door.
Filing through a pair of bolts that couldn't be reached with the angle grinder becuase they were behind the propane tank and the heads had been broken off while removing the old propane tank.

And honestly, while the crowbar to rip the old shingles off was faster, when you factor in clean up time my habit of just grabbing the shingles and pulling them off the wall in one peice was probably more efficent. I went hand to hand with a house, and won.  :D
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline DwrightKM

Reply #5247 on: July 28, 2016, 12:25:05 AM
Farmer saw to take down some overgrown limbs

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5248 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:42 PM
FlipGrip and Schrade Vise Grips to do a little mod on the A100

Replaced the main blade (cheap fake Chinese one that had been put into the tool) with a small flathead

Tool was traded to jcs0001 in an excellent experience!  :salute:
My toys:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5249 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:32 AM
I used my MP600 to adjust the brakes on my bike today. :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%