Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?

Blackbeard · 5824 · 425283

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 01:37:01 PM
Just built another sodding bird cage with my Fuse.  >:(

:rofl:  Sorry to laugh at your misfortune.  :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 01:45:07 PM
More bloody paint tin opening for the Paratool.... bored now  :ahhh

Don't blame you. Looks like I'm going to have a load of decorating to do in the near future. Drives me daft after the first hour :(
Prone to daydreaming.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:13 PM

It is massive as well.  :o

From where I am sitting, I can currently see 6 cages (although they are being re-sorted).   >:(  In them there are 9 (yes NINE) budgies, 2 Cockateils (soon to be 3) and a Chinchilla.

I may start displaying my knives and guns soon in retaliation.  >:D
I'm back!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 02:43:07 PM

From where I am sitting, I can currently see 6 cages (although they are being re-sorted).   >:(  In them there are 9 (yes NINE) budgies, 2 Cockateils (soon to be 3) and a Chinchilla.

I'd be giving very serious though to that bird eating tarantula we were talking about.  >:D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 02:43:34 PM

Hey, your sharp stuff doesn't poop all over the joint. Much more civilised ;)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 02:44:43 PM

Perhaps I should do the pooping myself  :think:
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 02:47:50 PM

Perhaps I should do the pooping myself  :think:
What, more so than usual ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 07:26:43 PM
Think yourself lucky that they're only birds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg2AezJo8aQ

It can't be easy having people gawping at you all day - I can't say I blame it.
Prone to daydreaming.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 02:01:41 AM
Left the wave home in favor of the Spirit black oxide, did some general electrical work with it including using needlenose to bend the ears off a light switch I was replacing to fit in the wall box. Type of switch you may have seen while going down into the basement - "emergency" gas/oil furnace switch with red faceplate.

Cant tell you how many service calls(hundreds?) I have done where the homeowner has inadvertently shut this thinking it was the lights.

Offline sappyg

Reply #69 on: July 22, 2009, 02:51:32 AM
for some reason when i left for work this morning i expected trouble, though it was like any other morning. i was ready for anything. that moment came when some wall switches needed to be moved with extreme vigor.
i whipped out the spirit, opened the saw and in less than 10 seconds i paved the way for my electrician and the work was done. my boss who carries an SAK pioneer and the warranty guy who carries an SAK tinker (that i gifted to him for $0.25) were speachless. somehow that pioneer looked a little weak and that 20 year old tinker stayed in the pocket to live another day. 
i

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #70 on: July 22, 2009, 02:58:59 AM
I used my SwissTool today to cut a branch that was across the trail and to remove the antenna from my friend's Grand Cherokee before Mother Nature did it for him! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Reply #71 on: July 22, 2009, 03:04:21 AM
Used my Leatherman Charge ALX to tear apart and break down a bunch of old wooden produce crates.  The ALX saved the day.  (And may have saved what little sanity I have left!  :D)
Nothing says extraterrestrial like...

Offline MrVanimal

Reply #72 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:05 PM
Used the mini philips on my Vic WorkChamp to take apart some laptops.  Used the file to file down some jagged nails on my fingers.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #73 on: July 22, 2009, 03:28:01 PM
Yes, it's still early, but I was up on the roof clearing gutters before the oncoming thunderstorms and unexpectedly found a large tree branch leaning on the roof.  It had partially broken off at and was pivoted down onto the roof.

Pulled out a Charge ALX and sawed through the branch, where it was 2.5 inches thick, near the edge of the roof and tossed it off.  Also had to tighten a couple screws at the down spout.

That's what a multitool is for.  :tu:

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Reply #74 on: July 22, 2009, 07:27:31 PM
Used the Charge ALX to tighten up the barrel on a new grease gun.

(No, not *that* kind of grease gun!  The tool kind of grease gun.  Though, sometimes I wish...   >:D)

I was changing the oil and greasing up the lawn tractor.  Had to buy a new grease gun, as I can't seem to find any around here, nor out on the farm.  Go figure...  I'm now trying to desperately remember, who was the last person we loaned anything too...........   :think:
Nothing says extraterrestrial like...

us Offline getahl

Reply #75 on: July 22, 2009, 11:01:45 PM
I used my Charge TTi to help weigh down my belt! My Vic Spirit also had the distinction of adding a few ounces to my suitcase :)

Offline sappyg

Reply #76 on: July 23, 2009, 01:45:27 AM
1. my electricains never showed up prior to my tile guys so i used the spirit to totally remove a 3 way wall switch from a wall. this is not for the faint of heart but i had everything i needed. i used pliers, phillips, wire cutters, saw, and regular driver just on this one PITA project. that took about 5 minutes.
2. opened the valve on a water meter with the spirit pliers.

i never had to make that trip to my truck for a tool and kept on going as if nothing had happened. whe people see the spirit come out and go to work they are amazed. 
i

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #77 on: July 23, 2009, 03:25:16 AM
crunch and freestyle to adjust the screws of my powerlock on the fly :) locking pliers rocks :) 10/10
A

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 10:51:19 PM
I used my Leathersak MK1 to put up dry wall at a friend’s house. I then left it with him because he liked its feel and sharp blade. He preferred it over the more dedicated tools for the job.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #79 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:07 PM
I used my Leathersak MK1 to put up dry wall at a friend’s house. I then left it with him because he liked its feel and sharp blade. He preferred it over the more dedicated tools for the job.

It won't be sharp for long in my experience, plasterboard (drywall) is really tough on knives.  Great gesture leaving it with him though.  You just might get it back when it needs sharpened.  :D

Today I adjusted the saddle on my daughters bike with both a Fuse and a Pulse. 

I cut up an apple for lunch with my Ambassador, very nice.  But then cut a plaster to size after getting a sliver of glass in my finger, not so nice . Oh yes, I used the tweezers as well.  :-\

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #80 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:24 AM
Used my SOG PPP (pliers) and my Prybaby (screwdriver) to install a toilet seat at work. The old one was broken by a very large  :o guy and we got a temp one from walmart till the folks at maintenance can put us in a new one.

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #81 on: July 29, 2009, 08:02:18 AM
Used my EDC Gerber Clutch to install a split ring into the lanyard hole of a knife.  (Gave my brother a KaBar Mini Dozier folder for his birthday and he wanted it on his keychain.)

N

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #82 on: July 29, 2009, 10:17:02 AM
Technically not today, but over the weekend built a very large (33' x 12') deck at my cabin, fixed the table, changed my trucks oil, and cut up several pesky objects lying around with my Skele CX. :tu:
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #83 on: July 29, 2009, 08:27:43 PM
Used my SAK to open a parcel from Neil which contained........

More SAK  :climber:
Thanks Neil ;)
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #84 on: July 29, 2009, 11:57:11 PM
The other day I used my wave to take a horrendous picture for the gerber crucial contest; I was too lazy to read the rules and somehow thought the winner was randomly selected like all the other giveaways. Also thought it had to be a picture while you were at work.

Man, I must have been buzzed or dreaming  ???. Nobody can top Dunc's repulsive fish pic though..............still voted for my own lame ass  :D

Today used the wave to install a thermostat, wire strippers and wood saw to enlarge the sheetrock hole....excellent performance, strippers alittle hard to use compared to dedicated tool.

Offline sappyg

Reply #85 on: July 30, 2009, 02:58:32 AM
today was a big spirit day.
removed a coach light from one house and installed it on another. the wire stripper and cutters were impressive.
removed and installed a frige door in seconds flat with the pliers and phillips.
adjusted the strike on an entry door with the pliers chisel and PE blade (cut my thumb).
i felt like i had a whole truck load of tools on me and i did not have to rely on others to reach my goals.
no other MT could have done this work in quite this fashion.
i

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #86 on: July 30, 2009, 05:10:13 AM
Today I used my SOG PPP and my Kick to change out some parts on the floor machine. The snap ring system that holds the pads to the floor was messed up and the new ones had to be installed. The SOG PPP worked well except for when the screw was stubborn and then because the tool is non-locking it folded on me (like 4 times). I went and grabbed my Kick and even though it's a non-locking tool as well it seemed to grab the screws good and resist folding.

I am trying to re-evaluate my EDC, it's usually a knife or something lite like a Skeletool or something but I keep bumping into things that I need to grab a bigger tool (like the kick). I have a pretty good size lunch box (with pockets and stuff on the outside) and my kick resides on the outside of the lunch box in one of those pockets. Because of the temperature swing between hot and cold (ice pack) my Kick needs constant attention because it keeps developing rust. If I did not keep after it I am sure it would run crazy and it would be heck to get my tool back to looking decent.

I am toying with the idea of leaving the kick out of the box and carrying it on my person or carry something larger like a Wave/Charge. Sometimes I wish I did not get rid of my Spirit, it had the weight pretty much of Kick but with locks and a heck of alot more features. Maybe I should carry the Fuse? It's like the kick but with the addition of locks, as long as it's on me I should not have to bother with the rust issue like I am and I would not need two tools all the time. what you folks think?? It's kind of crazy, I wear slacks/dress shirt/tie and I wear a multitool.  ::)

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #87 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:03 AM
Today my father abused my PST to annoy me.

But that's why I leave it on the dresser, to protect more loved (and harder to clean) ones...

:D
Got those frog legs.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: July 30, 2009, 10:19:04 AM
Today I used my SOG PPP and my Kick to change out some parts on the floor machine. The snap ring system that holds the pads to the floor was messed up and the new ones had to be installed. The SOG PPP worked well except for when the screw was stubborn and then because the tool is non-locking it folded on me (like 4 times). I went and grabbed my Kick and even though it's a non-locking tool as well it seemed to grab the screws good and resist folding.

I am trying to re-evaluate my EDC, it's usually a knife or something lite like a Skeletool or something but I keep bumping into things that I need to grab a bigger tool (like the kick). I have a pretty good size lunch box (with pockets and stuff on the outside) and my kick resides on the outside of the lunch box in one of those pockets. Because of the temperature swing between hot and cold (ice pack) my Kick needs constant attention because it keeps developing rust. If I did not keep after it I am sure it would run crazy and it would be heck to get my tool back to looking decent.

I am toying with the idea of leaving the kick out of the box and carrying it on my person or carry something larger like a Wave/Charge. Sometimes I wish I did not get rid of my Spirit, it had the weight pretty much of Kick but with locks and a heck of alot more features. Maybe I should carry the Fuse? It's like the kick but with the addition of locks, as long as it's on me I should not have to bother with the rust issue like I am and I would not need two tools all the time. what you folks think?? It's kind of crazy, I wear slacks/dress shirt/tie and I wear a multitool.  ::)

Honestly?  I'd get a Pulse.  :tu:  Failing that I'd go for the Fuse.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #89 on: July 30, 2009, 03:31:25 PM
I have a Pulse, I should try it today and see how it works. Do you think thicker drivers have anything to do with the strength of the tool? The Kick/Fuse has a huge phillips and the pulse/pst is half the size (well sort of).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%