Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

American Heart Association Heart Walk

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
American Heart Association Heart Walk
on: August 07, 2009, 02:33:16 AM
Hi all,
This year I am the corporate team leader for the annual American Heart Association Heart Walk, an event that will take place on October 31, 2009.  The Heart Walk is an annual event where we raise money for research, education, and treatment of heart disease and strokes.  It will be a two mile walk where survivors, families, healthcare workers, and all other types of people show up to show their support for the fight against heart disease. I could bludgeon you with a bunch of statistics about how heart attack and stroke are the number 1 and number 3 killers of people annually in the US (www.americanheart.org) and is responsible for approximately 30% of all deaths globally (http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/whc/fastfacts.html), but I won't.  What I am going to tell you is that in February 2000 my mother turned 50 years old.  While that is a somewhat milestone birthday, the more meaningful one for her and my family was her 49th because just a month before that birthday, my mom suffered a heart attack. If you'll forgive the pun, this particular cause has been near and dear to my heart ever since then.  I wholeheartedly support the work of the American Heart Association and am humbly asking that you help them as well.  While heart attacks and strokes are undoubtedly very serious and very frightening, they are also very preventable.  My goal and the goal of the AHA is to provide education, screenings, and help to those who could be or have been touched by these global killers.  

I have created a Webpage American Heart Association Heart Walk through the Amercian Heart Association that has all kinds of useful facts and figures about heart disease and lifestyle changes that can be implemented to greatly reduce the risk of falling victim to these illnesses.  It also has many resources for people who have already been affected.  The page also has a section where you can make a donation to this cause.  This is the only time I'm going to post about this because I don't want to badger anyone and I know that we all save our pennies to fund our obession with multitools and such.  :) But if you want to help me in my endeavor to raise money for this cause, I would greatly appreciate it.  If all you can offer is some encouragement over the next couple of months while this is going on, I'd greatly appreciate that too.  
The link for the webpage is in my signature line and in my profile.  It is also in my profile on Facebook (Kelly Robinette), I can be found under that name in the MT.org group on Facebook.  The minimum donation is $25 US dollars.  I have also included a link to a Currency Converter for all of the international members here.  
I appreciate you taking the time to read this.  The link for my AHA Heart Walk webpage will stay in my signature until October 28th when the fundraising ends.  
Thank you to the Powers that Be here at MT.org that so graciously allowed me to post this request.  And thank all of your for being just the nicest people on the net.  :)  If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  
My mom is still celebrating birthdays to this day, she's 59 now.  Thanks to the treatment and education she received she's managed to stay disease free for 10 years now.  If nothing else, please visit the website and browse through the information.  
Thanks a lot everyone.  
GraysonK (aka Kelly)

EDIT: Due to the minimum $25 donation on the donation page, I am starting to accept PayPal donations so people can contribute less than that if they wish.  If you are interested in doing so, please PM me and I'll send you my PayPal address.  Thanks again to all of you.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:30:42 PM by Benner »
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: American Heart Association Heart Walk
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:51 PM
Good luck with your walk.  :)  I hope you manage to raise a bucket load of cash.

Come on all, dig deep.
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 01:57:08 AM
I think this thread got lost in the forum issues the other day.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:45:50 PM
A worthwhile cause indeed and to assist in giving this an MT twist ... http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,12994.0.html

Cough up folks :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 03:59:52 PM
Go Gray Go!!!
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:11:43 PM
A worthwhile cause indeed and to assist in giving this an MT twist ... http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,12994.0.html

Cough up folks :D

Nice one Neil.  :tu:
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:54:40 AM
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 01:41:27 PM
Nice one all concerned :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 02:31:21 PM
Grey would you consider donations under $25us , say too your Paypal account. :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 03:31:17 PM
Please all take note of the new edited section at the top.  Thanks.  :tu:
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19:14 PM
Don't forget about this one all.
I'm back!!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:08:45 AM
Just went and doubled my donation due to Neils generous modding efforts :D

Come on peeps, gratuitous bump for this thread again  :pok:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
The Heart Walk was this weekend and although I wasn't able to participate in the actual walk, we did raise a good bit of money and had a great turn out.  I wanted to thank Grant for letting me post this thread and a big thank you to Neil for his auctions that helped raise some money for this.  Thank you to those of you who donated monetarily or in support.  I appreciate everything.  Thank you to the best group of people on the net.  :)   :cheers:
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 12:48:47 PM
Good to hear it went well even if you couldn't drag yourself along... how is that knee doing anyway? :)

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:56 PM
Good to hear it went well even if you couldn't drag yourself along... how is that knee doing anyway? :)

Thank you!  Eh, the knee is sore and weak.  But it's improving.  Therapy kicked my butt yesterday though.  Thanks for asking.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%