Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Interesting old Wenger-Wengerinox SAK ad copy

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Interesting old Wenger-Wengerinox SAK ad copy
on: October 08, 2009, 11:34:51 PM
Here is an interesting old advertising postcard from the 1950's with an old Wenger-Wengerinox SAK on it. The company sent these out in a mass marketing mail campaign for many types of collectibles, mostly for Dinosaur cards, and toys. However they must have been selling SAK's as well. I am using the split type can opener to try and date this knife to the late 1950's or early 1960's based upon the old style Vic can opener that was retired and eventually Wenger was given permission to use. It could be a few years older though since Wenger also had the other style can opener for awhile before the modern one they use today.
swiss-wenger-card0123 copy.jpg
* swiss-wenger-card0123 copy.jpg (Filesize: 39.61 KB)

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Re: Interesting old Wenger-Wengerinox SAK ad copy
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:45:40 PM
I have a high res version but the limits here require me to post it this size.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:10:09 AM
Very cool!

You know, it's funny.  My Grandfather was from Switzerland.  He came to the US shortly after WWI.  Actually there was a small migration of Swiss to the Oregon coast at that time.  Growing up, we talked about Swiss Army knives and what not.

We knew Wengers were the real deal because the name  was close to the names of various families in the Swiss Society. 

We had our suspicions about Victorinox, because the name looked French to us (why I don't know  :twak:) but one of our lines of "reasoning" is that no one we knew had a name that ended with an X.   ::)  Kids...

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:46:53 AM
Very Nice!

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:41:37 AM
Very cool!

You know, it's funny.  My Grandfather was from Switzerland.  He came to the US shortly after WWI.  Actually there was a small migration of Swiss to the Oregon coast at that time.  Growing up, we talked about Swiss Army knives and what not.

We knew Wengers were the real deal because the name  was close to the names of various families in the Swiss Society. 

We had our suspicions about Victorinox, because the name looked French to us (why I don't know  :twak:) but one of our lines of "reasoning" is that no one we knew had a name that ended with an X.   ::)  Kids...

Isn't the Wenger factory located in a French speaking canton...
(

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:59:35 AM
Very cool!

Isn't the Wenger factory located in a French speaking canton...

Yup.  But 6 year olds use a "unique" type of logic.  ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%