Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your Spyderco

donvito · 4778 · 230058

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Re: Show us your Spyderco
Reply #1350 on: May 28, 2016, 10:45:10 PM
One of my favorite Spydies.Created by an icon in the industry,Bob Lum RIP,who pioneered the use of the Tanto blade into the American knife industry.
DSCN3828.JPG
* DSCN3828.JPG (Filesize: 194.44 KB)
DSCN3827.JPG
* DSCN3827.JPG (Filesize: 193.96 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #1351 on: May 28, 2016, 10:58:23 PM
Very nice! :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #1352 on: May 28, 2016, 11:29:04 PM
Very nice! :tu:

Thank you JD.

I hope you're doing well.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1353 on: May 30, 2016, 10:35:27 PM
One of my favorite Spydies.Created by an icon in the industry,Bob Lum RIP,who pioneered the use of the Tanto blade into the American knife industry.

It's ok I guess.

Suppose I would give you twenty bucks so you ain't got to look at it anymore.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #1354 on: May 30, 2016, 10:43:06 PM
It's ok I guess.
Suppose I would give you twenty bucks so you ain't got to look at it anymore.

The last one that sold on ebay only sold for $260.00 so you're close brother.Maybe if you throw in a case of good German beer we may have a deal.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1355 on: June 04, 2016, 10:00:56 AM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #1356 on: June 04, 2016, 08:38:21 PM
Nice pics
Weasel

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #1357 on: June 07, 2016, 02:14:18 AM
I have changed my opinion on the Manix 2 Lightweight;
At first I did not like the hot spots on the edges of the scales and I had concerns about the pinned construction and BD-1 steel.
After quite a bit of carry and use I have come to appreciate the knife and think it makes an excellent EDC knife.
Its light and flat and carries well with a good pocket clip. The lock cannot be faulted and the design elements like the finger choils and blade shape are of the best in the world. The pinned setup is turning out to be a non event as I think I have taken apart two out of a hundred knives but its great to be able to adjust the pivot tension.
The sharp edges of the handles seem to help with the indexing and alignment in the hand and you always know the angle of the cutting edge because of this. When held in actual use scenarios it is perfectly fine on the hands.

BD-1 does not seem to hold an edge as well as VG10 but it does seem as corrosion resistant and sharpens up easily.
Its a step above 420HC and even 8Cr13MoV I have come to appreciate things like toughness and stainless properties these lower end steels offer.
I have seen this approach even used among the local custom makers who are turning to 12C27 as a basic working stainless.     

Its light and liner-less like the Pacific Salt. Better edge retention than H1 but that is not saying much.
Corrosion resistance seems better than AUS8 from what I can see;cutting fruit and food prep has left absolutely no marks.

So its an entry point into the USA made knives with a great lock and its quirky mix of materials and construction turn it into a very useful EDC knife considering the price. Is it better than a Spyderco mainstay like the Endura or Delica?  Just different but if you want the stronger lock and light weight its actually a better choice.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #1358 on: June 07, 2016, 03:00:49 AM
Here is a Centofante made in Golden Colorado with ATS-34 steel.This is a liner lock design with a sliding button to keep the lock from accidentally closing during use.
DSCN3829.JPG
* DSCN3829.JPG (Filesize: 195.99 KB)

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1359 on: June 07, 2016, 05:07:42 AM
I have changed my opinion on the Manix 2 Lightweight;
At first I did not like the hot spots on the edges of the scales and I had concerns about the pinned construction and BD-1 steel.
After quite a bit of carry and use I have come to appreciate the knife and think it makes an excellent EDC knife.
Its light and flat and carries well with a good pocket clip. The lock cannot be faulted and the design elements like the finger choils and blade shape are of the best in the world. The pinned setup is turning out to be a non event as I think I have taken apart two out of a hundred knives but its great to be able to adjust the pivot tension.
The sharp edges of the handles seem to help with the indexing and alignment in the hand and you always know the angle of the cutting edge because of this. When held in actual use scenarios it is perfectly fine on the hands.

BD-1 does not seem to hold an edge as well as VG10 but it does seem as corrosion resistant and sharpens up easily.
Its a step above 420HC and even 8Cr13MoV I have come to appreciate things like toughness and stainless properties these lower end steels offer.
I have seen this approach even used among the local custom makers who are turning to 12C27 as a basic working stainless.     

Its light and liner-less like the Pacific Salt. Better edge retention than H1 but that is not saying much.
Corrosion resistance seems better than AUS8 from what I can see;cutting fruit and food prep has left absolutely no marks.

So its an entry point into the USA made knives with a great lock and its quirky mix of materials and construction turn it into a very useful EDC knife considering the price. Is it better than a Spyderco mainstay like the Endura or Delica?  Just different but if you want the stronger lock and light weight its actually a better choice.

Nice write up Guppy.

Now get one with 110V.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1360 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:26 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #1361 on: June 13, 2016, 03:04:22 PM
It's only your fault Captn Clown...  :twak:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:06:09 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2016, 05:27:06 PM
:nanadance:

WooHoo! Sweet knife!
I'm the milk man!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1363 on: June 13, 2016, 05:58:14 PM
Nice addition, mate!

Now the just natural step is a hawkbill salt...

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1364 on: June 14, 2016, 08:23:28 PM

I just received in the mail a used, previously owned Tasman as a backup to my other one.

I've been EDCing the Tasman for about a month now and felt like getting a backup for such an awesome little cutter.

Needs sharpening and cleaning but it's in great condition, and the previous owner dyed the scales kinda red-purplish tone, I really dig this distinctive feature!

My toys:

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #1365 on: June 14, 2016, 11:43:19 PM
This was a limited edition that was produced in 2001.This knife commemorated the first Spyderco knife that incorporated many innovations in the industry.

Spyderco claimed this was the first tactical knife,first one hand opener,first knife with a hole in the blade and the first knife with a pocket clip.

It came in a velvet jewelry case with an inscription plate that claimed all of the above "firsts" in the industry.

Here is one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-LIMITED-PRODUCTION-ANNIVERSARY-MODEL-WORKER-NUMBER-624-of-1200-MADE-NIB-/160960104962?hash=item2579f84a02:g:TngAAOxyPepRj~8e
DSCN3835.JPG
* DSCN3835.JPG (Filesize: 192.32 KB)
DSCN3836.JPG
* DSCN3836.JPG (Filesize: 166.68 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1366 on: June 15, 2016, 03:57:53 PM

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1367 on: June 16, 2016, 04:31:15 PM
My toys:

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #1368 on: June 17, 2016, 01:24:06 PM
(Image removed from quote.)
I can see a plaster on your hand there buddy is that a spydie bite?
Weasel

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1369 on: June 19, 2016, 11:58:22 PM

Nope, the shovel handle bit me

But these two do bite me from time to time

The Tasman's tip is a nasty experience, really!

My toys:

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #1370 on: June 20, 2016, 12:00:27 AM
nice pics buddy
Weasel

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #1371 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:25 AM
This is a Syderco Howard Viele C42.It has the appearance of a gentleman's knife as apposed to the more tactical knives for which Spyderco is famous.

As can be seen this knife has one of the smallest thumb holes of any Spyderco.What can't be seen is the eccentric pivot pin that was designed by Spyderco to tune the fit of the lock in final assembly.Tolerances were tight but not close enough to guarantee perfect lock-up in every knife and the eccentric pivot pin solved this dilemma.The owner can tweak the lock after it’s worn by moving the entire blade a little closer to the liner to improve lockup.
DSCN3837.JPG
* DSCN3837.JPG (Filesize: 192.84 KB)
DSCN3838.JPG
* DSCN3838.JPG (Filesize: 194.36 KB)

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #1372 on: June 20, 2016, 02:54:58 AM
Spyderco owned...

Byrd Cara Cara 2 BO SS PS ;)
FullSizeRender[4].jpg
* FullSizeRender[4].jpg (Filesize: 143.06 KB)

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #1373 on: June 20, 2016, 08:34:22 AM
It started life as a light grey sprint run in 20CP.
20CP is similar to S90V and its no slouch. It holds an edge forever but the jury is out on toughness. I wont abuse it to its not a problem.

Add a set of custom full Titanium scales from John Grimsmo and it becomes the Uber ParaMilitary 2.

Shown with its Carpenter cousin.
I personally think that these two knives are the finest production knives in existence; this covers both types of high end stainless, refined powdered steel or high end vanadium; take your pick.

So cool my friend had to shoot it.

Viva the PM2 !
My main carry knife is a PM2 (green 204P) , my beater knife is a PM2 (cammo s30v) and my dress up knife is a PM2 (Ti 20CP).

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1374 on: June 20, 2016, 12:00:10 PM
Yup, drool time.   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1375 on: June 20, 2016, 12:04:26 PM

(...)

Guess what this reminds me of...

Show content

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1376 on: June 20, 2016, 12:33:11 PM

(...)

Show content

Ever seen a tiger's claw rip through leather or animal skin?
Just as easy it went (graphic experience of mine)

Show content

And not just once

Show content

Or twice

Show content

Spyderco's are the best mandmade version of nature's worst claws, teeths and fangs
I talk from (unfortunate) experience

zoid edit to fix tags.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:49:05 PM by zoidberg »
My toys:

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #1377 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:51 PM

(...)

Show content

Ever seen a tiger's claw rip through leather or animal skin?
Just as easy it went (graphic experience of mine)

Show content

And not just once

Show content

Or twice

Show content

Spyderco's are the best mandmade version of nature's worst claws, teeths and fangs
I talk from (unfortunate) experience
Bad luck buddy but at least there nice clean cuts

zoid edit to fix tags.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:50:50 PM by zoidberg »
Weasel

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #1378 on: June 20, 2016, 12:54:25 PM
It started life as a light grey sprint run in 20CP.

Shown with its Carpenter cousin.
I personally think that these two knives are the finest production knives in existence; this covers both types of high end stainless, refined powdered steel or high end vanadium; take your pick.

What a coincidence... My grey 20CP is also not grey anymore, and is in my pocket as we speak!

It was my very first Spyderco 5 years ago. I swapped the dirt magnet grey scales for black ones a few years ago. It is considerably thinner behind the edge after I convexed it, and slices like a dream. I find that the steel is tough enough for all my every day tasks.

I also have the 204p, but mine wears a set of Casey Lynch ti scales. I like your ti scales better... :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:07:04 PM by Brock O Lee »
Hans

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1379 on: June 20, 2016, 08:23:29 PM

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%