Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Love for the G

Zed · 761 · 84192

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Love for the G
on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:53 AM
I got my first G-shock back in 1983 it was one of the first models, DW-5000C-1b i used this watch till around 93-94, well over the years ive had a few other G-shocks and always been impressed by them, after seeing keanu reeves wearing one in speed i wanted another so i got a DW-5600C i had this for years as well, well over the 00 ive had 2 other G's but mainly Seiko's and other mechanical analog type watches, well recently i got a DW5600e i liked it because it was similar to both earlier models i had, these are dependable watches and as tough as hell, you dont jump in a pool or the sea and think oh no my watch  :D they can take it, so is there anymore love for the G's and why  :tu:

me in france when i was about 15  :D ahh the 80's DW-5000c-1b

DW-5600c in speed, there was another item in speed as well  :D

and my G-DW5600e now,

i would love another DW5000c but they seem to go for high prices, plus mine had yellow letters and seem pretty rare,

paul
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:48:53 AM by Zed »

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: Love for the G
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:29:33 AM
i take it this is a more streamlined version of the g-shock? all the ones ive seen are quite big

looks nice  :)
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:37:23 AM
i take it this is a more streamlined version of the g-shock? all the ones ive seen are quite big

looks nice  :)

nope this is what they looked like originally before they got bulked up, in fact the size of the old ones put people off in places like japan back in the 80's as they thought they was too big  :D  there one of the main collectors these days,

there not much smaller than most divers,

the DWrange
http://product-search.casio.jp/wat/g-shock/history_result.php
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:41:57 AM by Zed »

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:42:40 AM
its the big bulky ones i dont like too much they feel huge as there quite errm tall  :rofl: my brothers had a few
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45:05 AM
its the big bulky ones i dont like too much they feel huge as there quite errm tall  :rofl: my brothers had a few

yeah before this i had a metal cockpit model, it was too heavy and tall for me, was still a nice combo analog digi G though. but i prefer this type as lighter and fits nice on the wrist,  :tu:

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:52 AM
I got this one for Christmas the year and really like it. I keep wanting another model one but I'm not to sure which one to get.

"

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:10 AM
I got this one for Christmas the year and really like it. I keep wanting another model one but I'm not to sure which one to get.

(Image removed from quote.)

the range is huge, the frogman is a nice model my mate has one , best thing to do is check out casios site and look through the range , or go to a dealer and fondle them  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 12:15:04 PM
I had two of the bricks gave them away to nephews,they're huge  :D

Don't get walking by a plane crash site wearing one,you could be mistaken for walking off with the black box  :ahhh  :ahhh

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:44 PM
I had two of the bricks gave them away to nephews,they're huge  :D

Don't get walking by a plane crash site wearing one,you could be mistaken for walking off with the black box  :ahhh  :ahhh

:rofl:  yeah some are way to big with more functions than most modern mobiles  :D funny i like to know the time in the uk and possibly the date, more than enough  :tu: i dont use the stop watch or the alarm as have them on my phone these days, possibly i used them back in the day though, oh and the light is handy  ;)

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:12 PM
My beloved MTG-910D-2VER:

Mission Impossible 3 Ethan Hunt with the same watch:
6.jpg
* 6.jpg (Filesize: 106.7 KB)
PDVD_019j.jpg
* PDVD_019j.jpg (Filesize: 28.74 KB)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:19:13 PM by Vladimir »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 01:38:31 PM
My beloved MTG-910D-2VER:

Mission Impossible 3 Ethan Hunt with the same watch:

very nice, i had a black G-shock cockpit that i was told was in a movie but i forget  :think:

here it was,

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 07:47:23 PM
I added some color to my GW-810D. It is my EDC.
0782 (Large).jpg
* 0782 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 90.73 KB)
0781 (Large).jpg
* 0781 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 45.43 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:20 PM

that looks great,while out with my daughters a while back i saw a guy with the same cockpit model as me but it was silver , i liked it that way,  :tu:

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:04:24 PM

that looks great,while out with my daughters a while back i saw a guy with the same cockpit model as me but it was silver , i liked it that way,  :tu:

Thanks. It was really easy. I used nail polish.
0728 (Large).jpg
* 0728 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 69.93 KB)
0739 (Large).jpg
* 0739 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 51.06 KB)
0762 (Large).jpg
* 0762 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 50.57 KB)

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 08:56:42 PM
Here's mine...granted it seems huge, but I love it.  Can't wear small watches anymore.  Love all the functions too. 

g-9000mx-4dr_01.jpg
* g-9000mx-4dr_01.jpg (Filesize: 57.64 KB)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:42 PM
Here's mine...granted it seems huge, but I love it.  Can't wear small watches anymore.  Love all the functions too. 

i like them no matter what they look like , but ive ended up settling on a style i started with not small but for me, as yours is for you, i like the red as well, im thinking of getting a yellow G for MTB'ing, see what comes along  :tu:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 09:25:26 PM

i like them no matter what they look like , but ive ended up settling on a style i started with not small but for me, as yours is for you, i like the red as well, im thinking of getting a yellow G for MTB'ing, see what comes along  :tu:
For some reason I just love the Mudman G-shock.  I had the od green one for a long time.  It still works great, but I got the red one as a Valentine's Day present this year and I just love it.  I wear it everywhere...work, biking, everything.  They are great watches!  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:04 PM

For some reason I just love the Mudman G-shock.  I had the od green one for a long time.  It still works great, but I got the red one as a Valentine's Day present this year and I just love it.  I wear it everywhere...work, biking, everything.  They are great watches!  :)

this is why i love G-shocks you can wear them all the time they just fit in,  :tu:

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:32 PM
Zed, is there any real difference between the DW-5600E and the DW-5000C-1b, since you now have both?  Is the DW-5000C-1b actually smaller/slimmer than the already-small DW-5600E?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 10:10:50 PM
Zed, is there any real difference between the DW-5600E and the DW-5000C-1b, since you now have both?  Is the DW-5000C-1b actually smaller/slimmer than the already-small DW-5600E?

sadly ive not had the 5000c-1b since the early 90's so i cant compare, im sure i read thought that the 5600e is slimmer, the noticeable difference is the letters on the front ie protection and G-shock are risen up like extra bumpers, but still all have that classic DW-5000 style, 

us Offline David

Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:26:13 PM
I got my first G-Shock in 2000 a DW-6900. I gota GW-500A last year when I couldnt find a replacement band for the DW-6900. The G-Shock seems to be the only watch that last anytime for me.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 10:31:18 PM
Here's mine...granted it seems huge, but I love it.  Can't wear small watches anymore.  Love all the functions too.  

I bought Mudman last year, but I returned to the shop after 2 days-I just couldn't wear it, the 6 bumps on the case back was so uncomfortable;
I know that those bumps serve as a way to let the air flows between the hand and the watch, to prevent sweating, and I wanted to filed them down, but I gave up and returned it.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 11:24:07 PM
Here's mine...granted it seems huge, but I love it.  Can't wear small watches anymore.  Love all the functions too.  

I bought Mudman last year, but I returned to the shop after 2 days-I just couldn't wear it, the 6 bumps on the case back was so uncomfortable;
I know that those bumps serve as a way to let the air flows between the hand and the watch, to prevent sweating, and I wanted to filed them down, but I gave up and returned it.
I don't wear mine too tight so the bumps didn't bother me except that they broke my arm out (allergic to latex).  So I coated them with clear fingernail polish so they don't sit against my skin and irritate it. 

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 09:40:45 AM
I have to say that this G-shock and my older ones are the most comfortable watches ive worn, i wear mine very slightly loose as my wrist seems to grow as i get hot  :think: and the god thing is it doesnt wobble around even when slightly loose as that drives me nuts with watches and the reason why i mainly use nylon Nato type straps on other watches,

here is a cool timeline

http://www.gshock.com/content/toughness/history/

us Offline David

Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 07:05:29 PM
Thanks for the timeline Zed.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 07:20:25 PM
Thanks for the timeline Zed.

:tu: no broblem david, for me it was cool seeing how any ive had and what years,  :tu:

paul

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:21 PM
beach pic  :D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 07:38:12 PM
If you're still in the market for a 5600 style G, I can highly recommend the GW-M5600BC-1ER :tu:

The negative display isn't everyone's cup of tea but I love it, and the bracelet instead of the usual band makes it really nice and still very light.
http://www.g-shock.co.uk/products/GW-M5600BC-1ER/
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 07:41:18 PM
If you're still in the market for a 5600 style G, I can highly recommend the GW-M5600BC-1ER :tu:

The negative display isn't everyone's cup of tea but I love it, and the bracelet instead of the usual band makes it really nice and still very light.
http://www.g-shock.co.uk/products/GW-M5600BC-1ER/

cheers chrissy, i have been looking at other models, im thinking about getting a DW-5600j but most seem to have a waveceptor that only works in japan or the states  :-\

paul

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD