Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pulse Owners Club

Charger · 940 · 70368

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Pulse Owners Club
Reply #270 on: March 18, 2016, 05:07:16 PM
They need to make a Pulse 2 or 200 and use the Rebar chasis IMO :tu: That would be a very good tool to me :o Don't skimp on the diamond file either :D

cz Offline Roman Bureš

Reply #271 on: March 24, 2016, 01:14:16 PM
I am IN!!!  :multi:
LEATHERMAN COLLECTOR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #272 on: March 28, 2016, 03:22:29 PM
Welcome Roman   :cheers:

SI & Pulse today

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #273 on: April 13, 2016, 03:00:08 PM
I'm in.
Made a slip case for mine as the original sheath was AWOL. Turned out pretty nice. I was concerned that the rocker-locks might prove difficult to navigate through the leather to the form fitted shape, but they wiggle through fine.
I took it completely apart a couple of months ago to fully polish the handles and Plier Head (it originally had "Microsoft Windows Server 2003" etched into one side, a rear eyesore, and a bugger to remove). Two of the screws got damaged, so I had to turn the heads down in a drill (using a file) and cut a couple of screwdriver slots in them. Worked OK, maybe even better than new. :D
IMG_0045.JPG
* IMG_0045.JPG (Filesize: 197.41 KB)
IMG_0044.JPG
* IMG_0044.JPG (Filesize: 241.54 KB)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:06:28 PM by neillcurrie »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #274 on: April 13, 2016, 03:06:46 PM
So shiny :o :D It really looks good neil  :tu: Loving the sheath as well :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #275 on: April 13, 2016, 03:21:03 PM
So shiny :o :D It really looks good neil  :tu: Loving the sheath as well :cheers:

+1  :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #276 on: April 13, 2016, 07:04:45 PM
Great work on that sheath Neil. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #277 on: May 06, 2016, 12:23:23 AM

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #278 on: May 10, 2016, 05:03:24 PM
I have one! I think I forgot to join.
pulse.JPG
* pulse.JPG (Filesize: 474.45 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #279 on: May 10, 2016, 07:18:07 PM
If you haven't joined then congrats :cheers: If you have already joined I can't remember either way so congrats anyways :D

00 Offline covi

Reply #280 on: May 26, 2016, 08:09:14 PM
I have finally joined the club.

I got mine for $35. It's in mint condition, never used. Stamped date 1000. I love it.
But I have no conscience to use it as my EDC. Maybe it will be my suit tool?

20160526_191152d25.jpg
* 20160526_191152d25.jpg (Filesize: 223.13 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #281 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:23 PM
Congrats covi  :cheers:

$35 is a great deal for a used one , it's a steal for a NIB  :tu: :tu:

And welcome to the forum !
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:21:53 PM by SteveC »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #282 on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:34 PM
$35 is a bargain for a NIB Pulse. :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #283 on: May 28, 2016, 02:27:56 AM
 :o That is an awesome deal and welcome to the club and the forum :tu:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #284 on: May 31, 2016, 12:26:27 PM
+1....what a beauty!! :tu: :tu:
Barry

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #285 on: May 31, 2016, 01:49:11 PM
I have finally joined the club.

I got mine for $35. It's in mint condition, never used. Stamped date 1000. I love it.
But I have no conscience to use it as my EDC. Maybe it will be my suit tool?

If you won't carry it I'll take it off your hands! 

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #286 on: June 07, 2016, 03:22:49 AM
And I'm back in.  I sold my last pulse due to financial strain, but I got another mint condition pulse off ebay the other day.  I won't keep getting this lucky, every pulse I've bought has been in mint condition and I've never paid more than $60 for one.  I might snag another if I see a good deal just in case, they are getting harder to find.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #287 on: June 07, 2016, 02:10:31 PM
And I'm back in.  I sold my last pulse due to financial strain, but I got another mint condition pulse off ebay the other day.  I won't keep getting this lucky, every pulse I've bought has been in mint condition and I've never paid more than $60 for one.  I might snag another if I see a good deal just in case, they are getting harder to find.

Great to hear it mate. :tu:  I remember you drooling over the idea of a Pulse years ago and it'd be a shame if you didn't have one.  In fact it's a shame that not everybody has one. :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #288 on: June 07, 2016, 02:35:24 PM

Great to hear it mate. :tu:  I remember you drooling over the idea of a Pulse years ago and it'd be a shame if you didn't have one.  In fact it's a shame that not everybody has one. :D

I've had a few, and sold them for various reasons.  One being that it was too pretty/rare to use and I was scared to scar it up.  I won't be doing that again.  I've proven to myself that even with really hard use, I don't break my Leatherman tools.  That's not to say they won't ever break, but I'm not prone to it.  I have beat the hell out of my Rebar and it still looks new after I give it a good cleaning.  The pliers show a bit of wear but all in all, it looks fantastic.  I mean, I've used that tool as a hammer countless times and it's fine.

So yea, the pulse is riding on my belt as I type!  It is a fantastic model and I'm truly saddened that it wasn't produced for a longer run. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #289 on: June 07, 2016, 05:00:11 PM

I've had a few, and sold them for various reasons.  One being that it was too pretty/rare to use and I was scared to scar it up.  I won't be doing that again.  I've proven to myself that even with really hard use, I don't break my Leatherman tools.  That's not to say they won't ever break, but I'm not prone to it.  I have beat the hell out of my Rebar and it still looks new after I give it a good cleaning.  The pliers show a bit of wear but all in all, it looks fantastic.  I mean, I've used that tool as a hammer countless times and it's fine.

So yea, the pulse is riding on my belt as I type!  It is a fantastic model and I'm truly saddened that it wasn't produced for a longer run.

Yeah because all they would have had to do was put push type locks on it and maybe change the plier head to one of the newer ones (not even have to be the replaceable cutter one) and would have been a great EDC tool :drool:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #290 on: June 07, 2016, 05:28:34 PM
What we need is for LM to do a Rebar with the Pulse tool selection.  I'd buy one for sure.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #291 on: June 07, 2016, 07:11:37 PM
What we need is for LM to do a Rebar with the Pulse tool selection.  I'd buy one for sure.

I think I could live with that :D :cheers:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #292 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:24 PM
Absolutely!  I'm not sure why the didn't to be honest, the blast was much closer to ideal tool loadout than the rebar is.  I'm in the minority on this one, but I must say I absolutely love the small screwdriver on the PST/Pulse/Supertool.  I really miss that when I carry my rebar. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #293 on: June 08, 2016, 01:52:24 PM
Absolutely!  I'm not sure why the didn't to be honest, the blast was much closer to ideal tool loadout than the rebar is.  I'm in the minority on this one, but I must say I absolutely love the small screwdriver on the PST/Pulse/Supertool.  I really miss that when I carry my rebar.

A cross between the Blast and the Rebar would be ideal :D I love the scissors on my Blast and way back when it won out over the Wave to me because it was essentially the same tool without any OHO blades and not as fancy :cheers: You know that may be why they discontinued the Blast and it's brothers :think: People may have been choosing them over the Wave and it's family tree because of the similar tool loadout and functionality and that would have caused a drop in profit :o Guess we will never know though :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #294 on: June 08, 2016, 02:11:25 PM
If you do not have a pulse you might be dead...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #295 on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:56 PM

A cross between the Blast and the Rebar would be ideal :D I love the scissors on my Blast and way back when it won out over the Wave to me because it was essentially the same tool without any OHO blades and not as fancy :cheers: You know that may be why they discontinued the Blast and it's brothers :think: People may have been choosing them over the Wave and it's family tree because of the similar tool loadout and functionality and that would have caused a drop in profit :o Guess we will never know though :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

Could be.  Whatever the reason, it was inevitable because a lot of folks strongly disliked the zytel handles.  I never had any issues with them at all.  They aren't as good as rolled edges but they aren't bad by any stretch. 

As for the pulse, I think they could have done away with the rocker portion of the lock and left it like the Supertool locks were and they might have sold more. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #296 on: June 08, 2016, 03:36:28 PM

Could be.  Whatever the reason, it was inevitable because a lot of folks strongly disliked the zytel handles.  I never had any issues with them at all.  They aren't as good as rolled edges but they aren't bad by any stretch. 

As for the pulse, I think they could have done away with the rocker portion of the lock and left it like the Supertool locks were and they might have sold more.

I think they were just trying to rush and get locks on some of their tools to stay in the game and that may have been the best thing they could come up with at the time :D Thankfully they came out with the push tab lock system :cheers:

I never minded the Zytel inserts either but if I had my rathers I would go with rolled edges as well :gimme:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #297 on: June 08, 2016, 03:37:23 PM
If you do not have a pulse you might be dead...

:facepalm:

I have 2 so does that mean I am really really alive ??? :think: :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #298 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:11 PM
No, you are an Alien  :ahhh
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #299 on: June 08, 2016, 06:40:29 PM
PULSE AND ST200  :multi:
SUPERTOOL.jpg
* SUPERTOOL.jpg (Filesize: 70.72 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!