Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DIY pivot tool

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
DIY pivot tool
on: November 18, 2015, 10:14:02 AM
Hi All

I had an idea for making a tool to adjust the pivot on the majority of my Enlans....that funny Mercedes-badge one...

Anyway, my idea is to take a piece of pipe or tubing of the (almost) correct size, mix up and fill the tube metal putty (or any epoxy putty for that matter), then press the one end onto the pivot so it leaves an indent.

Think this will work?  I'm somewhat scared of messing up a knife in the process.

Anyway.......nothing but planning till pay day  :facepalm:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: DIY pivot tool
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 10:37:56 AM
Whatever adhesive you use is unlikely to stay stuck to the inside of the tube for long, so maybe some kind of pin or peg spanner would be better?  Three screws with heads that match the diameter of the cutouts in the pivot in the right triangular pattern in a piece of wood should do it.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:24:03 AM
My first plan was to drill hole in a piece of round bar and the file & dremmel out the 3 prongs.

Thanks, your idea has given me another option.....

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:48 AM
Whatever adhesive you use is unlikely to stay stuck to the inside of the tube for long, so maybe some kind of pin or peg spanner would be better?  Three screws with heads that match the diameter of the cutouts in the pivot in the right triangular pattern in a piece of wood should do it.
I think the wood screw idea is probably best, unless you happen to have some pin spanners handy. Great idea hirathus!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%