Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Welcome to Multitool.Org!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Re: Welcome to Multitool.Org!
Reply #840 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:37 PM
Hi guys and gals. New member here joined yesterday. Live in Igloo land... Jk Anchorage actually. I've had a sick sick obsession with knives and multitools ever since I was like 11. This place seems like a great place to hang out.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #841 on: December 13, 2013, 03:24:55 AM
Welcome aboard!  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #842 on: December 13, 2013, 05:35:51 AM
Thanks Captain! Man I'm so glad I found this place. This place has all things MT and then some.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #843 on: December 14, 2013, 01:26:19 AM
Thanks Captain! Man I'm so glad I found this place. This place has all things MT and then some.

A lot of great information around here, as well as nice people. Feel free to ask anything if you have any questions. Hope you like it around here.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #844 on: January 25, 2014, 03:43:05 PM
Hello there!
My name is Kerstin and I'm from Germany. My fiancé kinda nudged me to come here, even though I have no damn clue but i like my small victorinox knive I got as a birthday present from him.
I have a Leatherman-wanna-be-thing too. It was an ad of a cooperation I work with and I thought why not? ^_^*

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #845 on: January 25, 2014, 03:45:54 PM
Welcome to MTO! :cheers:
Leatherman

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #846 on: January 25, 2014, 03:47:01 PM
Thank you!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #847 on: January 25, 2014, 03:57:12 PM
Willkommen, Kerstin. :waving:

Nett dich bei uns zu haben. :cheers:

Hope you like the place. :D

BTW, which one of our German guys is the lucky one? ;)

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #848 on: January 25, 2014, 04:07:38 PM
RT1969 is his nickname here

us Offline AccuNut

• Does it come in Vibranium?
Reply #849 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:06 PM
Hello Everyone!

My name is AccuNut, (I have also been known to respond to "William", :)) I have been lurking around off and on for a while now, but just recently decided to join the forum.

I enjoy doing just about anything that takes me outdoors.(Except yard-work, of course. :D) I am also very fond of doing research, which is how I found this forum to begin with. (More on that in a minute.)

My first multitool was a cheap Cabela's pocket multitool that would be better described as a pocket multi-NOT-tool! But despite its shortcomings, it did serve to draw me toward the idea of multitools in general.
   A few years later, a friend of mine showed me his Gerber multitool with their then-new "flick-to-open" design. I was hooked. Shortly thereafter I purchased one for myself, oddly enough, from Cabela's! For a couple years I was content, I didn't see a need to get any more tools. Especially not one of those cheap Swiss Army type...until, my brother had to buy a couple seasons of... MacGyver. Yup, you guessed it. All of a sudden, those "cheap" Swiss Army knives started to look pretty cool!
   I currently work at a vet clinic, so carrying a pair of pliers strapped to my belt is out of the question. (Believe me, trying to help hold a 75 pound Pitbull made of steel and rawhide for a nail trim and worry about getting caught on the edge of the exam table; not pretty. Oddly enough, it seems a lot of dogs HATE getting their nails trimmed. :think:) So I have really come to appreciate true "pocket-tools".

I currently carry: A Victorinox Hiker, Gerber Dime, and Leatherman Style CS.(Alright, so, technically the Leatherman is a carabiner tool. But it is so small it's not an issue.)

Now, as to how I found Multitool.org: My older brother was intrigued by the concept and overall quality of my Victorinox, but just wasn't crazy about the tool selection. So, I gleaned from him what he thought would be an "ultimate" collection of implements. He had no idea what I was planning, which was great, because his birthday was coming up! :whistle:
   I couldn't find a knife with exactly what he had specified, so I started looking for someone to build a custom one for me. This is where Multitool.org came in. My search brought me to a member here who does LOTS of custom Swiss Army knife work, specifically the Alox models; Syph007. Although I never ended up getting a custom made,(my brother loves the Alox Farmer I got him,) the amount of information on this site, and the range of topics it covers caught my attention. So, if I wanted to know something about a particular multitool, I would invariably end up here!

But what finally prompted me to become a member is the fact that I hope to do a few modding projects of my own in the not-to-distant future, and I knew that with guys like Syph007 and other friendly chaps around, I will have a good place to get advice when I totally screw up a project! :D
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm ONLY those are neither INCLINED nor DETERMINED to commit crimes. Such laws make things WORSE for the ASSAULTED and BETTER for the ASSAILANTS, they serve rather to ENCOURAGE than PREVENT homicides."
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #850 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
Welcome AccuNut. :waving:

Very cool and detailed intro post. And feel free to ask whatever questions you might have regarding modding. Our members are very friendly and will offer advice on whatever questions you might have or link you to relevant topics, easier for us to find them than for a new guy. It's also cheaper to ask questions before you start a mod than to mess a tool up and then ask questions. ;)

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
Reply #851 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:38 PM
Hi,

I think I'm mostly a Knife fan, but as most of them I own a few SAKs and I really love them.  Since I has been reading and watching this forum I notice to want more SAKs even buy a couple(bunch) of them recently, so I blame you guys  :D.  I think I'm an addict  :gimme::climber:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #852 on: June 13, 2014, 05:28:44 PM
Hi,

I think I'm mostly a Knife fan, but as most of them I own a few SAKs and I really love them.  Since I has been reading and watching this forum I notice to want more SAKs even buy a couple(bunch) of them recently, so I blame you guys  :D.  I think I'm an addict  :gimme::climber:
We will gladly take the blame for that!  :D

00 Offline minibear453

Reply #853 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:52 AM
I'm mostly an EDC fan, but obviously multi-tools have a place in that! My SAK was my first ever knife, and the leatherman Style PS is my on my keychain for EDC. Since I'm in school, I needed a multitool without a blade. Also should have a green alox coming in a few days!

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #854 on: June 25, 2014, 02:07:24 AM
I'm mostly an EDC fan, but obviously multi-tools have a place in that! My SAK was my first ever knife, and the leatherman Style PS is my on my keychain for EDC. Since I'm in school, I needed a multitool without a blade. Also should have a green alox coming in a few days! (Image removed from quote.)
Very nice set of gear you have there and welcome to the forum :cheers:
SAW

Offline rolandtumbler

• New User
Reply #855 on: July 12, 2014, 12:53:14 AM
Hey. Noob from Sandy Eggo. Infatuated with small one-piece Multi-tools lately and found this forum. Is there a current comprehensive list of these little gems on here somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #856 on: July 13, 2014, 08:48:59 AM
Hey. Noob from Sandy Eggo. Infatuated with small one-piece Multi-tools lately and found this forum. Is there a current comprehensive list of these little gems on here somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!  :D :cheers:

And, I doubt it. Where the more-than-one-piece multitool market might seem crowded, I think the one-piece market is even crowdeder :P Lots of people seem to start cutting into some scrap steel, thinking they can design a tool :P

There's usually quite a few projects of these to be found on Kickstarter, besides that, Leatherman has quite an array of one-piece tools, and Gerber has the Shard, which is supposed to be really quite good, as well.

We do have a subforum dedicated to these, and keychain tools, have a look around there for more knowledge :)
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Offline LivingFree

Reply #857 on: November 14, 2014, 12:37:59 PM
Hello, I stumbled upon this site by accident looking at leatherman multi tools

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #858 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:58 PM
Hello, I stumbled upon this site by accident looking at leatherman multi tools

Stumbled here while looking for Leatherman's is no accident, this is the place for them!

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline bobufus

Reply #859 on: February 20, 2015, 06:57:50 AM
Hello hello. New user from Florida. For the past 5 months or so I've been on an insane EDC kick. I've been cycling through obsessions about pocket knives, flashlights, and more. Now I'm going crazy on multitools.

My first multitool was a Leatherman Flair that I stole from my mom when I left for college 16 (!) years ago. I've been using it on my many camping trips, but a year or so ago someone stuck it too deep in a jar of jelly. And folded it back up and stuck it in the sheath without cleaning it or telling me. D:

So I decided to get some more. I got a Wave before some heavy duty cleaning on the Flair. And I got a Sidekick because it was irresistibly cheap, and I figured that should replace my Flair for camping duty, even though it thankfully cleaned up real nice.

Thanks for making this forum the great resource and community that it is!

no Offline Grathr

Reply #860 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:06 AM
Welcome! :cheers:

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #861 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Hello!

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #862 on: February 21, 2015, 03:38:14 AM
Welcome bud! Glad to see someone digging up the old threads.

I also like seeing how some of you crazy ones and ones on "the list" started out!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #863 on: February 21, 2015, 03:39:21 AM
Hello hello. New user from Florida. For the past 5 months or so I've been on an insane EDC kick. I've been cycling through obsessions about pocket knives, flashlights, and more. Now I'm going crazy on multitools.

My first multitool was a Leatherman Flair that I stole from my mom when I left for college 16 (!) years ago. I've been using it on my many camping trips, but a year or so ago someone stuck it too deep in a jar of jelly. And folded it back up and stuck it in the sheath without cleaning it or telling me. D:

So I decided to get some more. I got a Wave before some heavy duty cleaning on the Flair. And I got a Sidekick because it was irresistibly cheap, and I figured that should replace my Flair for camping duty, even though it thankfully cleaned up real nice.

...."someone" stuck it in a jar of jelly??

What part of Florida are you in??

us Offline bobufus

Reply #864 on: February 21, 2015, 03:04:28 PM

Yeah, I was on a group camping trip in Alabama, and I think someone was trying to reach the jelly near the bottom of the jar. That person naturally smeared jelly all over and inside the hinges on the knife side of the tool.

I'm in Tampa.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #865 on: February 25, 2015, 07:33:29 AM

Yeah, I was on a group camping trip in Alabama, and I think someone was trying to reach the jelly near the bottom of the jar. That person naturally smeared jelly all over and inside the hinges on the knife side of the tool.

I'm in Tampa.

That would really piss me off! 

That said, I've never had a Flair, I keep meaning to try one but every time one comes up for sale I've already gone and spent my spare cash!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #866 on: February 25, 2015, 11:16:06 AM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline bobufus

Reply #867 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:39 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

Lol. Is it stealing if I told her I was taking it? I didn't really give her a choice...

That would really piss me off! 

That said, I've never had a Flair, I keep meaning to try one but every time one comes up for sale I've already gone and spent my spare cash!

I really like the Flair, especially the cocktail fork! I have found the spreader is useless though.

us Offline tcodding

Reply #868 on: April 09, 2015, 07:43:13 PM
Hello, I'm Tim.
I'm looking to make a sak to be my ideal edc. Not too big not too small. I'm currently in the middle of doing it and I'll post pics when I'm done. I think you guys are really gonna like it.

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #869 on: April 09, 2015, 08:02:07 PM
Hello, I'm Tim.
I'm looking to make a sak to be my ideal edc. Not too big not too small. I'm currently in the middle of doing it and I'll post pics when I'm done. I think you guys are really gonna like it.

Oooh. Now I am intrigued.
Welcome Tim!
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD