Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Club

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Juice Club
Reply #690 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:32 PM
I agree.  The Juice has many foibles and I totally understand why so many folks can't get along with them, but despite them I do still really like mine.  :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

id Offline fong

Reply #691 on: February 23, 2017, 05:23:12 AM
I love the blue, not long ago I got it

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #692 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:07 AM
I love the blue, not long ago I got it(Image removed from quote.)

:like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id Offline fong

Reply #693 on: February 23, 2017, 10:06:47 AM

Thank🤗

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #694 on: February 23, 2017, 11:24:43 AM
I love the blue, not long ago I got it(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

id Offline fong

Reply #695 on: February 23, 2017, 11:33:21 AM

Very nice. :tu:

Thanks Gareth

I like simple. just adding lanyard with heat shrink tube and give a mini screw driver belonged vic on corkscrew.

Offline SurivStud

Juice Club
Reply #696 on: February 24, 2017, 12:45:42 AM
I had the chance to join the club but my Juice CS4 was stolen from me. Reading now your thread makes me so sad.
But I get comforted through your happiness.

id Offline fong

Reply #697 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:10 AM
I had the chance to join the club but my Juice CS4 was stolen from me. Reading now your thread makes me so sad.
I feel sad to hear such news. I hope you soon get a replacement

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #698 on: February 24, 2017, 03:37:25 AM
I was sick of the pliers on my S2 keeping getting wedged on the 3-screwdriver side. My Surge was also in need of service, due to a broken tool. So, off to the Leatherman factory they went. :ahhh It might have been more than 6 years since the last time I sent a LM in. Last time was the Core, my very first LM.

I have several Juice models including multiple S2s.  I first purchased a few for Christmas stocking stuffers and didn't encounter the plier wedging problem until early January.  My wife came to me with her CS4 wedged tightly.  She is sometimes leery of my brute force methods (I am 6'7" & weigh 250 lbs.) so I took it to another room to "fix it".  I am sorry to say that it took a number of these incidents for me to actually study the problem and learn how it occurs.  I adapted the way I close the Juice and never had another problem with the pliers becoming wedged under the flat drivers.  I might still be having these problems if I hadn't purchased a C2 (liked the red color) that jammed every time.  This made it easy to see how the problem occurred and make the adjustment to prevent it.  Until then, I thought that it was a simple matter of making sure that the flat drivers were all fully seated.

Why would I put up with a quirky MT?  It might defy logic, but there is just something about the various Juice models that I really like.  If asked, I would say that the Charge TTI & AL are my favorite Leatherman tools.  If someone were to follow me around, he would notice that I am always reaching for one of my Juice models (usually an S2) and that the Charges have a revered "collector status", stored safely in their sheaths in a drawer.  I suppose that I don't really consider the Juice quirky any longer thanks to learning how to operate them (they are now trouble-free).

I think I got a lemon. Before it, I got a dozen of Juices, pretty much trouble-free. Prior sending the S2 out, I compared its plier tips with another S2. I think the former's tips were over ground, just enough for it to wiggle itself into the space left by the middle screwdriver's taper (Or maybe the middle driver had longer taper, which create space for the piler tip. Dunno, I did not check). Either way, it is a flaw in both design and manufacturing. 

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #699 on: February 28, 2017, 01:51:00 PM
Well back in the club,I had a kf4 but didn't suit my needs but so regret trading that all those years ago,had a storm grey s2 actually liked that and would get another in the future,had the xe6 but was a tad chunky for my pocket,so was offered a cs4 in a trade, I looked up it's spec and though why not as seems to suit most my everyday uses combined with a micra or dime, I oddly have a love hate relationship with the juice line as feel it could of been improved on other than what they did with the newer juices,time will tell but I do like the juices overall looks  :tu:
2017-02-28 12.43.46.jpg
* 2017-02-28 12.43.46.jpg (Filesize: 230.64 KB)

Offline SurivStud

Reply #700 on: March 01, 2017, 02:47:25 AM

Thanks Fong. I found an opportunity and today and did get a replacement. Not same version nor color I had before, but this one was a really good deal, is in good condition and has one more tool.

Now I can feel the gladness other Juice club members feel. Há!

id Offline fong

Reply #701 on: March 01, 2017, 02:59:37 AM

Thanks Fong. I found an opportunity and today and did get a replacement. Not same version nor color I had before, but this one was a really good deal, is in good condition and has one more tool.

(Image removed from quote.)
Hi...Stud.
A rare item because it XE6 my opinion is no longer manufactured. although the color is not as before, but this had reduced the longing in the previous Juice.
And welcome back again 🍻

sent from Nokia 3310 Legend

Offline SurivStud

Juice Club
Reply #702 on: March 01, 2017, 03:19:48 AM

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:21:20 AM by SurivStud »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #703 on: March 01, 2017, 03:28:41 AM
Nice Juices fong, Zed and SurivStud :cheers: :cheers: :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #704 on: March 01, 2017, 03:35:13 AM

Hi...Stud.
A rare item because it XE6 my opinion is no longer manufactured. although the color is not as before, but this had reduced the longing in the previous Juice.
And welcome back again

I think you meant that this particular juice color is rare... this version is no longer in production... but the XE6 in general is...

https://www.leatherman.com/juice-xe6-361.html

:cheers:

id Offline fong

Reply #705 on: March 01, 2017, 03:51:49 AM

I think you meant that this particular juice color is rare... this version is no longer in production... but the XE6 in general is...

https://www.leatherman.com/juice-xe6-361.html

[/quote]

in our country, the market is very rare
🍻

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #706 on: March 01, 2017, 10:03:49 AM
My other KF4 finally arrived... Just in time...as the woodsaw backspring on my other KF4 broke... oh well, at least I have a fodder.. Just need to hunt for another juice to get scissors and some 1/8" pivot screws :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #707 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:56 AM
Very nice jaya_man also where did you get the tin from?  :tu:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Juice Club
Reply #708 on: March 01, 2017, 10:22:22 AM
Very nice jaya_man also where did you get the tin from?  :tu:
Thanks. The KF4 came packaged in that tin box... I bought this from a friend who purchased it from a local LM distributor

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #709 on: March 01, 2017, 03:03:12 PM
Thanks mate,really like it  :tu:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #710 on: March 02, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

Always admired this purple colored XE6!

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #711 on: March 02, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
My other KF4 finally arrived... Just in time...as the woodsaw backspring on my other KF4 broke... oh well, at least I have a fodder.. Just need to hunt for another juice to get scissors and some 1/8" pivot screws :cheers:

:like: :like: :like:

It is too bad that LM retired the KF4!  Love the solar yellow color!

The KF4 & the SC2 are the only two Juice models that I don't have.  Thanks to the Nutnfancy YouTube video, I ended up with multiple S2s.  They are nice but I much prefer the Victorinox scissors.

Offline SurivStud

Reply #712 on: March 02, 2017, 02:14:05 PM

Always admired this purple colored XE6!

Offline SurivStud

Reply #713 on: March 08, 2017, 01:15:09 AM
I found a good deal and bought a second Juice: S2.
I always wondered why the new versions blade was shorter than the available space for it.
There are threads explaining that it was a redesign aiming to make it TSA friendly but we know that TSA won't allow any blade at all.
As I looked at the Xe6 (previous edition) comparing it against the new S2 edition, for the first time I had the chance to confirm the difference (even though the length change took place several years ago)
 Did Leatherman ever published a formal explanation on why did they  shorten the blade for the new editions?

If it was a TSA related redesign, I wonder why they didn't go back to he former length once demonstrated that TSA doesn't accept the new size.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #714 on: March 08, 2017, 10:19:14 PM
I found a good deal and bought a second Juice: S2.
I always wondered why the new versions blade was shorter than the available space for it.
There are threads explaining that it was a redesign aiming to make it TSA friendly but we know that TSA won't allow any blade at all.
As I looked at the Xe6 (previous edition) comparing it against the new S2 edition, for the first time I had the chance to confirm the difference (even though the length change took place several years ago)
 Did Leatherman ever published a formal explanation on why did they  shorten the blade for the new editions?

If it was a TSA related redesign, I wonder why they didn't go back to he former length once demonstrated that TSA doesn't accept the new size.

I'm not aware of any official LM statement regarding the smaller knife in the new style Juice models. I only have two samples of the new style Juice (S2 orange & XE6 Grey)--I had to see the change for myself. :)

I heard the same story about trying to be TSA friendly but that doesn't explain why LM left the new knife in place.

I am not a fan of the redesigned knife and have a strong preference for the original series.  The purple XE6 looks magnitudes better than my redesigned grey XE6.  That may explain why my XE6 is barely used compared to my grey Juice Pro.  The original CS4 is perhaps my most used Juice followed by one of my five remaining S2s (gave two away).  The scales on the original models scratch easier but I will choose them over the redesigned models every time.

Maybe if I never watched the Nutnfancy YouTube videos, I wouldn't have so many Juice multi-tools.  Somehow, I caught the Juice bug.  :)

:jedi:

Offline SurivStud

Juice Club
Reply #715 on: March 08, 2017, 11:16:04 PM
Maybe if I never watched the Nutnfancy YouTube videos, I wouldn't have so many Juice multi-tools.  Somehow, I caught the Juice bug.  :)

:jedi:

Yes, we all caught it. I owned a new CS4 which I lost for several months, found and lost definitely again, but two good deals came to me and got the Xe6 previous edition and the new S2.

It's the acute disseminated multitools desease.
I hope I won't feel an unstoppable prompting to get them in all versions and colors.

I hope not...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:17:41 PM by SurivStud »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #716 on: March 10, 2017, 04:07:18 AM

id Offline fong

Reply #717 on: March 10, 2017, 10:38:18 AM

sent from Jogja with love

us Offline Poncho65