Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge Owners club !

Dunc · 2731 · 194518

us Offline White95

Re: Charge Owners club !
Reply #570 on: August 18, 2016, 12:17:59 PM
I'm addicted. Latest Charge. Titanium buddies. Lol.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #571 on: August 18, 2016, 02:49:02 PM
Nice pic and very nice MT 8)

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #572 on: October 16, 2016, 02:19:28 AM
I need opinions from you guys. I recently bought a Charge Ti, which I believe 1st production run. It has pentalobe security screws, PAT PEND stamp, 0204/0404 dates. The tool is in fantastic condition with 1 major flaw: the stopping tab for the pliers is broken on the can opener/ bit driver side. If I leave the bit driver empty, the tool works fine. If I have a bit in, the pliers' jaw will be wedged between the can opener and the bit.

Has anyone ever sent a Charge in for warranty claim with such issue? Did they fix the tab or replace the whole channel with another one? Did they replace the screws with the 6-star ones?

On older models, is it necessary to heat up the tool if I wish to disassemble it? I do not have drivers for the pentalobe. On other newer models like Wave, Surge, Charge... I just disassemble without heating. I think of buying drivers to disassemble this one, but am not fond of heating it.

00 Offline jnoxyd

Reply #573 on: October 16, 2016, 01:28:41 PM
Unfortunately I have only two of them... I mean Charges  :whistle:

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #574 on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:32 PM
I need opinions from you guys. I recently bought a Charge Ti, which I believe 1st production run. It has pentalobe security screws, PAT PEND stamp, 0204/0404 dates. The tool is in fantastic condition with 1 major flaw: the stopping tab for the pliers is broken on the can opener/ bit driver side. If I leave the bit driver empty, the tool works fine. If I have a bit in, the pliers' jaw will be wedged between the can opener and the bit.

Has anyone ever sent a Charge in for warranty claim with such issue? Did they fix the tab or replace the whole channel with another one? Did they replace the screws with the 6-star ones?

On older models, is it necessary to heat up the tool if I wish to disassemble it? I do not have drivers for the pentalobe. On other newer models like Wave, Surge, Charge... I just disassemble without heating. I think of buying drivers to disassemble this one, but am not fond of heating it.

I am thinking that they will replace the whole Charge as I don't think it was something they fixed :-\ Never hurt to email them about it though :think: I would just leave the bit out and carry as is :tu: As far as disassembly I have no experience with the Charges though :oops:

Either way nice find :cheers: :like:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #575 on: October 19, 2016, 01:02:58 AM
Thanks, Poncho! I guess I keep it as is for now. :cheers:

wales Offline Simplon

Reply #576 on: November 01, 2016, 04:40:44 PM
I purchased a Charge today from my local Leatherman dealer.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 200.31 KB)
Simplon.
Now where did I leave my knife?

fi Offline Padre

Reply #577 on: November 26, 2016, 05:32:23 PM
Hey come on!
Its the best tool Leatherman has ever created, and the last post is so old...
Lets Charge this club up!
 :rant:
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #578 on: November 26, 2016, 07:01:26 PM
I'm addicted. Latest Charge. Titanium buddies. Lol.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice Charge and that pen look very cool to. What brand is that ?

us Offline White95

Reply #579 on: November 26, 2016, 08:36:58 PM
Thanks. It's a titanium Maxmadco pen.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #580 on: November 26, 2016, 09:01:33 PM
I purchased a Charge today from my local Leatherman dealer.

Just noticed this post from the recent bump by Padre :tu: Congrats on that Simplon :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #581 on: November 26, 2016, 09:02:56 PM
Hey come on!
Its the best tool Leatherman has ever created, and the last post is so old...
Lets Charge this club up!
 :rant:

You are right it is the flagship model and if I had one I would try and keep this thread more active :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :like:

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #582 on: November 27, 2016, 01:04:40 AM
Thanks. It's a titanium Maxmadco pen.
Thanks White, new brand to me. Looks cool.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #583 on: November 27, 2016, 06:29:45 AM
Here is my current Charge status.  :P The latest one is the pimped out, gold-plated with damascus blade TTi by TTC (shogun ed.). I added a gold-plated clip to it. This is the second tool in my collection with damascus blade by TTC. I like the shape of LM blades better, which look more tacticool. Close up on the damascus pattern.

I did not buy the shogun TTi from TTC. It is not the costliest one in the group. The one set me back the most is the Camo TTi with stainless blades (second one from the top, second row). The oldest one by age is the bottom TTi on the right column.

20161126_233144.jpg
* 20161126_233144.jpg (Filesize: 433.15 KB)
20161126_234458.jpg
* 20161126_234458.jpg (Filesize: 329.29 KB)
20161126_234658.jpg
* 20161126_234658.jpg (Filesize: 334.34 KB)

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #584 on: November 27, 2016, 06:34:15 AM
Here is my current Charge status.  :P The latest one is the pimped out, gold-plated with damascus blade TTi by TTC (shogun ed.). I added a gold-plated clip to it. This is the second tool in my collection with damascus blade by TTC. I like the shape of LM blades better, which look more tacticool. Close up on the damascus pattern.

I did not buy the shogun TTi from TTC. It is not the costliest one in the group. The one set me back the most is the Camo TTi with stainless blades (second one from the top, second row). The oldest one by age is the bottom TTi on the right column.

:like:

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #585 on: November 27, 2016, 07:07:10 PM
Now THAT is a collection to DROOL over!

I currently do not own any Charge, although I have over the years. I wonder if my issue isnt the extra thickness of the handles which makes for a much wider needed grip?....

I keep looking at them and thinking that would be nice, but then look a the price, and consider all that I could do with the $100-$160. I'm not saying it's not worth it - BUT - perhaps the price IS a tad over-inflated.

That said, I have wanted a camo Charge since Cabellas and BassPro began offering them years ago. It is one of the most beautiful multitools IMO, in existence.

If I could offer you a piece of advice: If at all possible, do NOT sell/trade those. Hang onto them as LONG as you can! 

:cheers:
SAW

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #586 on: November 27, 2016, 08:48:14 PM
No, you do not have to go over $100 for a Charge on eBay. The key is to stay vigilant, have a bit of luck, and be willing to back out of a bidding war. I see TTi in very good to mint condition quite often. $70-80 range can be had. Also, don't be reluctant to offer sellers lower price. Never hurt to ask. For example, this one here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHERMAN-CHARGE-W-CASE-AND-BITS-/172423006056) asks for $95. I bet he will take $80-85 for it.

And believe it or not, my journey of collecting Charges started just over a year ago. I am a late comers, so acquiring a large group like this requires frequent checking on eBay and some luck. Regarding the Camo versions, yeah, they are pretty to look at. I am bias toward the camo finish on Charges to other tools/ brands. I wonder if because the paint job was done on uneven surfaces, and on 4 panels that make them more dynamic and pleasing to the eyes. Also, I lied about my Charge collection. There is a false one in the group  :P The fourth one from the top, on the right column. Plier head, main blade, and serrated blade were from a Wave. I am waiting on parts from tattoosteve to bring it back to somewhat original.

Cabela's is having special offer on their Camo Charge now ($35 Cabela's bucks when you buy their $178 tool). This one is selling the same thing for $129 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-Charge-XTI-Multi-Tool-Pliers-Knife-S30V-Blade-CAMO-Sheath-Bit-Kit-/391631781231). Again, does not hurt to negotiate the price.

Happy hunting and collecting!  :cheers:

id Offline AeroWave

• New User
Reply #587 on: December 15, 2016, 07:41:20 PM
count me in.. :multi:
The best tools are the useful tools...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #588 on: December 15, 2016, 09:19:11 PM

Great collection  :o I :like: the shogun as well :dd: :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #589 on: December 15, 2016, 09:20:43 PM

id Offline AeroWave

• New User
Reply #590 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:38 AM
count me in.. :multi:

Nice one AeroWave :like: :like:
Thx Poncho65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The best tools are the useful tools...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

gb Offline Spence

• Let them hate, so long as they fear!
Reply #592 on: January 05, 2017, 09:47:33 AM
Wondering if someone could help me out with a bit of Charge info. Just been researching before a potential trade. I have been offered a TTi and looking at the pictures, it looks like the first version, similar to the Ti. The differences are that it has the strap cutter on top of the serrated blade and the cap crimpers on the pliers. It was described by the seller as a TTi but i thought that description was for the more recent version with the later handle design. I did some digging and found the XTi (which i thought it was) and this appeared to support my thoughts:

https://www.smartknives.com/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/Charge-XTI.htm

I mentioned this to the seller who responded by saying that it is the TTi as the XTi did not have scissors but had a double bit driver. A bit confused, i then found this:

https://www.smartknives.com/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/Leatherman-Charge-XTi.htm

which confused me more as both links appear to be from the same source; Smart Knives. Anyone help me out here? It's academic really as i just wanted to know which model i am considering.

The mathematics of regret, two beers to remember, five more to forget.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #593 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:27 AM
Wondering if someone could help me out with a bit of Charge info. Just been researching before a potential trade. I have been offered a TTi and looking at the pictures, it looks like the first version, similar to the Ti. The differences are that it has the strap cutter on top of the serrated blade and the cap crimpers on the pliers. It was described by the seller as a TTi but i thought that description was for the more recent version with the later handle design. I did some digging and found the XTi (which i thought it was) and this appeared to support my thoughts:

https://www.smartknives.com/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/Charge-XTI.htm

I mentioned this to the seller who responded by saying that it is the TTi as the XTi did not have scissors but had a double bit driver. A bit confused, i then found this:

https://www.smartknives.com/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/Leatherman-Charge-XTi.htm

which confused me more as both links appear to be from the same source; Smart Knives. Anyone help me out here? It's academic really as i just wanted to know which model i am considering.

All the info you need is in this excellent article by Chako

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,52132.0.html

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #594 on: January 05, 2017, 10:18:24 AM
I'm In

IMGP1065.JPG
* IMGP1065.JPG (Filesize: 118.11 KB)
IMGP3289.JPG
* IMGP3289.JPG (Filesize: 129.39 KB)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:20:11 AM by pietervn »

gb Offline Spence

• Let them hate, so long as they fear!
Reply #595 on: January 05, 2017, 11:02:41 AM

All the info you need is in this excellent article by Chako

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,52132.0.html

Great stuff, thank you Pieteryn. That answers all the questions i had and i am very grateful for the education. Cheers bud!
The mathematics of regret, two beers to remember, five more to forget.

id Offline fong

Reply #596 on: February 23, 2017, 05:31:14 AM
recently got old series charge with label Leatherman®Charge™

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #597 on: February 24, 2017, 03:23:06 AM

"Thay don't make them like that anymore" is true for the Charge series. I reallky like the early Charges. Everything about them is elegant, just look at those fine blade grinds.

id Offline fong

Reply #598 on: February 24, 2017, 03:34:51 AM

"Thay don't make them like that anymore" is true for the Charge series. I reallky like the early Charges. Everything about them is elegant, just look at those fine blade grinds.

Hi chrono... true. Most preferred the older model especially evident at hand scale. My daily wear as well for a long series Leatherman®Charge®

id Offline fong

Reply #599 on: February 26, 2017, 12:59:23 PM

Fad fad HAHA.... LOL

sent from Nokia 3310 Legend

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30