Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Crossgrip is awesome.

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
The Crossgrip is awesome.
on: December 30, 2010, 04:43:33 AM
I just bought way too many SOG Powerlocks and a PowerAssist from a fellow forumer and he threw in a SOG Crossgrip, and I gotta tell you I love the Crossgrip.

I've owned plenty of Powerassists and Powerlocks in the past so there was there was minimal excitement in getting the ones I bought but I've never even given the Powergrip a thought of purchasing and I was pleasantly surprised.   This thing is awesome.  For such a tiny tool it has an amazing set of pliers.  As far as small tools go this is my favorite by far.

I was struck by just how small it is, and how well made it is. 

I generally don't care for the SOG line of multitools because of the lack of outside, one hand opening blades, and I just don't get along with the PowerAssist design.  On the Crossgrip, given it's diminutive form factor, I find that the lack of outside opening blades isn't even a downside. 

Well done SOG!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:45:19 AM by Crouton »
:)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The Crossgrip is awesome.
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:54 PM
With SOG bringing back the crosscut I really hope they look at doing the same with the Crossgrip it looks like an incredibility handy little tool. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:10:59 PM
This was my first keychain tool. It was replaced with a Squirt P4 and put away. I can't find it anywhere.  :cry:
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline fly104857

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 07:20:50 PM
I too had one, don't remember what I did with it as it was years ago. The one thing I do recall, was just "how utterly useless" the screwdriver was. To this day I can't believe they put that into production as it was. If they bring it back the same, I'd buy again because it was a good small tool- and swap it out myself with something that actually worked.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 03:49:37 AM
Thanks to this thread I ended up buying a Sog CrossGrip. I've been in a real downsizing phase lately, pretty much looking for keychain sized tools that can accomplish some basic, light-duty tasks, and the CG fits the bill nicely. As I was waiting for it to arrive, I read all of the reviews I could find, and all of them seemed to be in agreement that the phillips driver sucks. But being an optimist (well not really) I kept thinking, "Oh come on, how bad can it be?" Well the answer is, "really bad", but in its defense it does work better than a fingernail and will, with careful use, turn a lightly torqued smallish sized screw.  Better than nothing and since I've added a phillips Screw Key to my key ring, not a big deal. Everything else is decent and the compound leverage really makes the mini-pliers much more useful.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it and it may become a regular pocket item for me :tu:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 01:38:25 PM
I too had one, don't remember what I did with it as it was years ago. The one thing I do recall, was just "how utterly useless" the screwdriver was. To this day I can't believe they put that into production as it was. If they bring it back the same, I'd buy again because it was a good small tool- and swap it out myself with something that actually worked.

Gotta agree with this. I like my CrossGrip a lot, but it has the single worst screwdriver I've ever seen on a multi.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 12:38:32 AM
If only Jeff was still around to see some of the outside opening tools that SOG now has, like the Reactor and PowerPlay and PowerAssist.  Oh, and the PowerDuo.  I think he might be pleased.

But yes, the CrossGrip is indeed one of my favorite SOGs and probably my favorite keychain tool, despite having a fairly useless bunch of interior tools.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%