Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New CRKT/ Crimson Trace shooters tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New CRKT/ Crimson Trace shooters tools
on: January 22, 2011, 05:39:43 AM
While I spent a lot of time with the guys from CRKT this year there wasn't really a lot that was new on the tool front.  They did however have a couple of things, and both are branded for the laser sight manufacturer, Crimson Trace.

The first is the RBT or Range Bag Tool.  It's a small tool designed to be tossed into a range bag (hence the name!) for those times when you need it, and forgotten about the rest of the time.

It looks a little awkward, but it's probably a lifesaver when you have nothing else around.

Flipping it over you see the clip and the two small allen wrenches for adjusting sights.  These slide into the body of the tool for storage, which is good because they are pretty tiny.

The other version is called the Picatinny Tool and is more of a typical folding knife shape, and also features a wrench and bit driver.  Three bits are carried on board and it has the same sight adjustment allen wrenches as the RBT.

Both look kind of neat, but I can't see those super tiny allen wrenches living very long, despite being well protected by the tool body.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: New CRKT/ Crimson Trace shooters tools
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:30 PM
Any pics of the other side of those two?

I'm liking the looks of that Picatinny Tool/Knife. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:35 PM
I'm pretty certain I have more pics of them- I just have a bit to wade through to find them!  As soon as I do I'll get them posted.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:12 AM
Any pics of the other side of those two?

I'm liking the looks of that Picatinny Tool/Knife. :)

Ask and ye shall receive.... eventually!

Clip side of RBT:

More pics of Picatinny Tool:

Def

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:36:47 AM
I like the looks of the Picatinny tool Boss! A triangular or pentagonal form of a tool like the RBT is not that appealing to me.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:47:48 PM
To be honest, other than the small allen wrenches, I'm not really certain what benefit either of these would offer.  I'd almost be tempted to keep a Juice, Squirt, Clutch or other small tool in my range bag for times when I didn't have the sense to pack something else.

Still, I'll probably get one of each for T&E...

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:26:46 PM
Are those bits on the Picatinny tools the same smaller-size as the ones on the Zilla-Jr? :) (or are they standard 1/4 inch?)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59:31 PM
As an aside, I love the Crimson Trace laser sight on my Ruger LCP. (Essential really)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 08:02:06 PM
As an aside, I love the Crimson Trace laser sight on my Ruger LCP. (Essential really)

I've been looking at those in magazine ads for a long time Nate. :) Never tried one though. Do they really work as well as it seems like they should?

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:43 AM

I've been looking at those in magazine ads for a long time Nate. :) Never tried one though. Do they really work as well as it seems like they should?

The Crimson Trace? It's awesome.  It turns a relatively inaccurate gun (LCP) into a reasonable firearm.  When I bought the LCP I thought it would be "fun" to shoot.  It's a lot of work but would be an amazing CCW weapon.    IMO, the CT laser is essential for that gun.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12:26 AM
Are those bits on the Picatinny tools the same smaller-size as the ones on the Zilla-Jr? :) (or are they standard 1/4 inch?)

I'm pretty certain they are standard sized bits.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%