Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Black Oxide Multitool used in "Dual Survival"

Hammer · 10 · 5215

us Offline Hammer

• Guardian of the Swamp
Black Oxide Multitool used in "Dual Survival"
on: April 12, 2011, 09:59:30 AM
On the short lived series "Dual Survival", there was more than one instance of one of the guys using a multitool.  The one that comes to mind for me is when Davd Canterberry used a Black Oxide tool to strip a Volkswagon in the desert.  He used it on several episodes.
NRA Member
No Regrets!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Re: Black Oxide Multitool used in "Dual Survival"
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:20:16 AM
I have not seen the show but it sounds cool

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:03:20 AM
good show that Dual Survival. Watched an episode where they hack thru a jungle after climbing out of a cave system. I like how some stuff works while other survival tactics don't pan out. Better realism like Les Stroud.
:like:    :MTO:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 02:22:49 PM
Yep, it's also one of my favorite "survival" shows, I like how the two different characters interact  :).

And I saw the "black oxide Multitool" too, I think it's either a Swisstool or a Spirit (correct me if I"m wrong).

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 02:56:58 PM
On the short lived series

Its still alive.   :salute:

us Offline Hammer

• Guardian of the Swamp
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 08:29:40 AM
On the short lived series

Its still alive.   :salute:

Yes it is.  I recently watched a whole batch of new shows.  In one of them, I think they went a little overboard - they had Dave Canterberry take a knife and deliberately cut his arm all so they could show that you could pour gunpowder on the wound and cauterize the flesh so the bleeding would stop.  At least they warned the viewers not to try this at home.  I still love the show, though.
There was an episode where they were in a swamp in Louisiana where Cody, who never wears shoes, was walking through snake infested ankle deep water.  Dave was pointing out the water moccasins as they were making their way, so I guess it wasn't too dangerous... :-\
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:31:36 AM by Hammer »
NRA Member
No Regrets!

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:15:36 PM
I can't watch that show because Dave Canterberry is a fraud.  In his bio he claims that he got his wilderness training as a US Army Cavalry Scout.  That caught the attention of some Cav Scouts because they had never gotten wilderness survival training, so they checked into Dave's military records.  He was indeed in the US Army, but had never been a Cav Scout.  The closest he came to a survival situation was checking ID cards at a post in Korea. 
Tick Magnet

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:39 AM
I can't watch that show because Dave Canterberry is a fraud.  In his bio he claims that he got his wilderness training as a US Army Cavalry Scout.  That caught the attention of some Cav Scouts because they had never gotten wilderness survival training, so they checked into Dave's military records.  He was indeed in the US Army, but had never been a Cav Scout.  The closest he came to a survival situation was checking ID cards at a post in Korea. 

If you approach "reality" TV shows with the same attitude as Wrestling, it's less brain-popping, and results in less homicide.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 12:41:14 AM

If you approach "reality" TV shows with the same attitude as Wrestling, it's less brain-popping, and results in less homicide.

Yup, that's exactly what I do ... I don't watch either

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 09:58:54 AM
Amici,
Yes the tool that Dave uses is a Black swisstool, along with a custom fixed blade by Dark Horse Knives that has now taken off through the roof because of it. The show is still very popular and is now on it's second season.

Out of the two, I respect Cody Lundin since he is to me the real deal, while Dave Canterbury is more of the showman type willing to do stupid things for ratings & much to Cody's chagrin..

Yes he may have long hair, wear shorts and walk around in bare feet, but he knows his stuff and won't put himself in dangerous situations to get his face on the camera or just to make the ratings increase.

Cheers,
Serge 
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24