Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool owners club

Beerplumber · 1266 · 145663

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Re: Skeletool owners club
Reply #390 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:25 AM
Thank you for your dedication and service :-)

I sure am earning it today, Texas heat is no joke. Why would someone choose to live here by choice?
I live in Wisconsin because I love the cold, I can't stand the heat. I ice fish more now then I open water.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #391 on: August 19, 2015, 04:31:36 AM
Thank you for your dedication and service :-)

I sure am earning it today, Texas heat is no joke. Why would someone choose to live here by choice?
I live in Wisconsin because I love the cold, I can't stand the heat. I ice fish more now then I open water.

Yep I agree that is why I will be living in Michigan soon.

Here is a little on topic for the rest of you. Skelly chillin in my kit yesterday.

gb Offline fowlermatt

• New User
Reply #392 on: August 19, 2015, 03:46:13 PM
gave mine a good service today and realized the pliers weren't working, only conclusion i can come to is that the 3 rods that the pliers lock onto to apply pressure have snapped

is this repairable?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:58:52 PM by fowlermatt »

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #393 on: August 19, 2015, 04:04:00 PM
I do not know if it can be fixed but I know if you have not done anything to void the warranty LM will fix or replace it.

gb Offline fowlermatt

• New User
Reply #394 on: August 19, 2015, 04:17:17 PM
wont be able to get the receipt so assuming i wont be able to do it via warranty

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #395 on: August 19, 2015, 04:18:41 PM
wont be able to get the receipt so assuming i wont be able to do it via warranty

All lm tools made past 1990 are still in warranty, no paperwork required  :tu:

gb Offline fowlermatt

• New User
Reply #396 on: August 19, 2015, 04:31:16 PM
fantastic thanks.
Just had a little look under the warranty section on there website but cant find any terms and conditions for repairs/replacements under warranty

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #397 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:18 PM
Just print and fill out their form and send it in with the tool. They'll take care of ya :tu:
SAW

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #398 on: August 19, 2015, 07:33:57 PM
Yep, LM has great customer service!  :tu:

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #399 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55:41 PM

All lm tools made past 1990 are still in warranty, no paperwork required  :tu:
My understanding is that even if it was made before 1990 they will still take care of it. LM picked 25 years because they wanted to be different, everyone else had a lifetime warranty, I'm not 100 percent sure.

us Offline Pwscott

Reply #400 on: August 22, 2015, 03:54:06 AM
Glad to be joining the club with a Skeletool CX. Just ordered one that will be delivered on Sunday- yep Amazon Prime now delivers orders placed Friday night to your home in many locations on SUNDAY. Wow. I was thinking of picking this up at Eastern Moutnain Sport as I did with my last Squirt, but the $99.95 tag was getting to me....on Amazon it was $66.97

I read the review on ToolGuyd http://toolguyd.com/leatherman-skeletool-multi-tool-review/and am psyched to have this join the ranks of my Wave, Original, Juice CS4, Squirt PS4, Squirt ES4 and Micra.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:56:04 AM by Pwscott »

us Offline Mattb

Reply #401 on: December 16, 2015, 07:12:10 PM
Count me in. Picked up at Home Depot on sale recently.

se Offline Mextreme

Reply #402 on: December 18, 2015, 10:07:09 AM
I´m in.
Really like my "new" PE 420HC Skeletool.

screen capture software

Thinking about removing the pocket clip since I mostly clip it inside the pocket with the carabiner.
I find it rides lower that way and I guess it will make an even slimmer package.

Anyone tried that?

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #403 on: December 20, 2015, 07:39:17 AM
Well I finally took the plunge this year and bought my self the Skeletool CX after a mate of mine on Instagram @candle_power showed off his Skeletool. I have found I've used it a lot more than my Surge and Wave.

Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #404 on: December 20, 2015, 09:34:30 AM
Couldn't find this thread yet so I thought I would start one, just found the combo edge cx I've been looking for today brand new, love it already. It's not going to take the place one my belt that's reserved for my Vic spirit but there's prime real estate in my pocket! Took the pics for the great beer thread but this work too

Indeed, the Skeletool is a perfect companion for a SAK.
(around town)

or two:
(in the woods)

You can't use Skeletools to take apart Skeletools (even with the LM bit kit)  but you can do it with a pair of Vic Cybertools:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:36:19 AM by AndyTiedye »
R

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #405 on: December 30, 2015, 10:04:41 AM

de Offline matzesu

Reply #406 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:03 PM
One Question to the Skeletool Experts in this Threadt: is this hole a good spot to put a wrist Rope on like on my knife??
The hole at the end isnt that ideal, as the rope collid whit the Bit Driver..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

de Offline matzesu

Reply #407 on: January 09, 2016, 02:42:34 PM
Put the Band/Rope back to the end of the handle, because its caused some issue that it was to hard to put the Knife whit the Clip on a Poket..

By the way: is the Clip on the Skeletool a Poketclip or a Belt Clip??
Because on my workpants, the Skeletool ditnt fits save on the Leg Pocket so i decided to put it back to the belt..
On Belt its much saver because the Leather is thicker as the Material from the poket so it ditnt fell of that easy..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

us Offline mojo-jojo

• New User
Reply #408 on: January 27, 2016, 12:48:27 AM
Home Depot had skeletools for $20.00 today

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #409 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:22 PM

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #410 on: February 03, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Home Depot had skeletools for $20.00 today

Would buy one of them as a back up of the one I already have wasn't still in excellent shape after two hard years of work.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #411 on: February 10, 2016, 08:47:42 AM
I got one for $20 when they were on sale.  Pretty sure I snagged the last one at my HD.

au Offline arbonara

Reply #412 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:38 PM
Have eyed the skeletool off for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and get one. Originally was gonna just get the plain SS skeletool, but ended up with the coyote paint job version (it was cheaper)
20160210_215219.jpg
* 20160210_215219.jpg (Filesize: 331.87 KB)

de Offline matzesu

Reply #413 on: February 13, 2016, 08:13:17 PM
These Sceletool RX looks quite cool, and as its more a rescue Knife, mybe its better to carry in Germany..
Ditnt got problems whit my CX yet, mybe because its more a Pliere Based Multitool than a One Hand Knife..

What are the advantages in Carrying the ST whit the Build in Carabiner on the Belt Loop??
Its easer to reach and its also it more safety atached to the pants, other than you belt carry it whit the clip..

I have it now since 2011, and reuse it since end 2014, because its big plier, the fast to use bottle opener (only for Cola and Limo and the beer for other peaple) and the nice blade which also works great for open packages, Cut Beagels, and other things..

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Reply #414 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:45 PM
I love the new colour - grrrrreen Skeletool :D
skeletool-green-800.jpg
* skeletool-green-800.jpg (Filesize: 390.42 KB)
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #415 on: April 17, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
Got my new blade in from Loki.  Decided to do the swap tonight. My original blade got messed up. So I decided to replace it with the 154.

Used my other Skeletool to do the work. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #416 on: April 17, 2016, 04:11:20 PM
I bet that 154 blade will work out well for you.

Love the Skelly thanks to Kam and his challenge but since I keep it in the truck it does not see nowhere near enough use.

Lame.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #417 on: April 18, 2016, 09:15:53 AM
I have it now since 2011, and reuse it since end 2014, because its big plier, the fast to use bottle opener (only for Cola and Limo and the beer for other peaple) and the nice blade which also works great for open packages, Cut Beagels, and other things..

Are you a vet?  ;)

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #418 on: April 18, 2016, 09:16:46 AM

Are you a vet?  ;)
LOL

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline galwayguy

Reply #419 on: April 23, 2016, 01:07:50 PM

Can I join ?  The perfect spot for a Skeletool - on the shores of beautiful Galway Bay on the West Coast of Ireland  :)

I have been a Leatherman user for 20 years. My tool of choice has been the Wave but I decided to get a CX.  It so good when something more than lives up to all the reviews.  As an EDC I don't think anything could beat it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%