Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

saddleback large bifold wallet

de Offline Jmora

saddleback large bifold wallet
on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:16 PM
the chestnut large bifold wallet arrived a few days ago. That was very quick and with reasonable shipping prices to Europe (15 dollars postage and a 55 dollar wallet = 50 euros, not at all painful). For small items you have to contact them for shipping quotes overseas. So far, it is as good as their apparently artless but I guess very sophisticated advertising says it is. Anyway, it is not too big in my hand or front jeans pocket, and I have room for everything. I imagine it is thinner than the small bifold wallet, and the cards lie nice and flat in the slots. They hold everything very tightly. There is a secret pocket for emergency cash, in case you run out. That psychological trick probably won't work for me, but I'll find some use for it.

here's the saddleback next to my old wallet. This one was handed down from my grandfather, who I never got to meet. It was sad to have to retire it, I had it for 14 years, but it was falling to bits, and maybe retiring means it won't deteriorate any further, and I can one day get it restored to some working order when I have the money, or salvaged, I don't know.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: saddleback large bifold wallet
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:44:45 PM
I think it sounds like a good call to retire your old wallet, it wasn't going to last much longer by the look of it. :o  very cool that it came down to you from your grandfather BTW. :tu:

Like all saddlback stuff your new one looks solid and incredibly well made.  Perhaps one that can last long enough to be passed on to your own grandchildren?  :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:44:36 PM
i'd love a saddleback wallet one day
I

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:10 PM
Good lookin' wallet!
I have medium size Saddleback wallet and I love it.

de Offline Jmora

Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:20:12 PM
I think it sounds like a good call to retire your old wallet, it wasn't going to last much longer by the look of it. :o  very cool that it came down to you from your grandfather BTW. :tu:

Like all saddlback stuff your new one looks solid and incredibly well made.  Perhaps one that can last long enough to be passed on to your own grandchildren?  :)

you are right, I think its possible to be too sentimental about dead people's things, if the man were alive he'd tell me to get a new one already.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%