Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:55 PM
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:12:25 PM
That's great news! :2tu:

I only wish he had continued the Urban disasters series. That one he did on what to do in the case of floods was very interesting.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 02:22:44 PM
Awesome! Somewhere in the world Bear Gryllis just shed a tear... Yay!!!

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:45:56 PM
Awesome! Somewhere in the world Bear Gryllis just shed a tear... Yay!!!
:rofl: Good to see this back :tu: aaaaa :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:48:42 PM
This honestly just made my day.  :salute:  I was very upset when they stopped making the series and figured he was getting older and just said it was to much for him anymore. Well in this case I am happy to be wrong.  :tu: 

Any idea of the air date of the first episode? It say Survivorman returns 11/22/11 which was yesterday.  :think:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:54:53 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 06:55:50 PM
YEEEEEEAAAAAAH!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOO!!!!  YIIIIIIIPPEEEEEEEE!!!
I really like that show :tu:
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:21:35 PM
thanks for the bump mate, I'd missed this news first time around. :tu:  Very happy to hear he's coming back, definitely one of the few 'survival' shows I really enjoy and doesn't make me feel like throwing things at the telly. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:23 PM
Thats awesome.  Survivorman was a great show.  I tried to watch that other series he did, but just couldnt get into it.  I think i was called beyond survival with les stroud.  Glad hes returning to his routes.  It was cool to see him survive in northern ontario a few times... its were I live and recognize the area he was in.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:47 PM
Just a heads up,

A moderator on Les Strouds official site posted this:

The show dates have not been finalized yet but shows are expected to be aired late summer early fall of next year.

So we'll all just have to wait a bit  :-\
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 10:59:10 PM
and he is selling out bringing out his own range of survival knives!!  >:D

At last, Bear has some competition!  :D

440 steel too!!

http://smallcaps.us/acme-united-signs-camillus-knife-deal-with-world-famous-survivorman-les-stroud
CamillusEmailBlastLesStroud.jpg
* CamillusEmailBlastLesStroud.jpg (Filesize: 298.83 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:16:19 PM
and he is selling out bringing out his own range of survival knives!!  >:D

At last, Bear has some competition!  :D

440 steel too!!

http://smallcaps.us/acme-united-signs-camillus-knife-deal-with-world-famous-survivorman-les-stroud
His knives look better than BG knives !
But , do he have any folders ??

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 12:02:21 AM
His knives look better than BG knives !
But , do he have any folders ??
Looks like the third knife in the pic has a thumbstud..  :)

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 02:19:17 AM
I don't know how I feel about the budget line of Les Stroud knives. :/

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 04:41:50 AM
Err, looks like teflon coated 440a, not a good sign.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 05:10:35 AM
+1

I don't blame him for "cashing in" a little bit but too bad he doesn't just go with stuff he already uses. I wonder how much of a choice he or other celebs(?) have in matters like what products his name goes on. Nevermind any one of us would probably do the same given the situation.

Stay multi my friends

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 03:12:10 AM
"Integrated Survival Tools"..wonder what that refers to?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:39 PM
got this from Bladeforums. apparently it is Les talking about the knives:

Hi all - I got to thinkin'....there was a press release already, but other than that there have been just a few questions here and there about me releasing a survival knife line.

Firstly - yes - I have already released a BUSHCRAFT knife with the most excellent company: Helle out of Norway. The purpose was to design a high end bushcraft knife that is a one of a kind knife made by hand by the fantastic people at Helle. No two knives in this line are alike. I have even been able to visit the plant myself and sit at some of the machines hand crafting out my own blade. - In fact someone will unknowingly get one of these knives and it will be the one I worked on myself!!! I am very proud of these knives and very proud of working with Helle on them.

Now. That said - Helle and I were not interested in developing a knife line together that was more specific to survival - including some survival attachments. That is where Camillus comes in. I had turned down a number of knife companies who had courted me (including one specific line of knives you could probably guess at - they went with someone else) simply because they would not adhere to my strict quality policy: "If I am going to design a survival knife for you to put in your hands - then it better be quality enough to put in my own". They were all more interested in profit and celebrity. Camillus is fully committed to working with my own designs to develop a line of survival knives you can trust with your life. So if you want that one of a kind bushcrafting knife then please enjoy what I personally designed with Helle....and if you want to outfit yourself with a survival knife designed personally by me and tested by me - then you will see the prototype we will unveil in Vegas at the Shot show in January - I think I will be there at the show on the 18th. ....Camillus had no issues with the fact that I designed a beautiful one of a kind bushcraft knife with Helle and Helle has no issue that I am designing a fully loaded survival knife with Camillus.....

Listen folks - whether I became Survivorman and created a whole new genre of TV or not - I would have eventually tried to write a manual (which I did called Survive!) develop a line of survival knives and develop a survival kit. As an instructor of many years - these three initiatives were always in my heart to do. So now I am able to do so thanks to creating survival for TV - ok fine - buts what's most important to me is that whatever I put my name on - it be of the highest quality. Know this: In my opinion - the survival knife...book...kit that I put on the market will be the best there is. The price point may be a little higher than those who are cashing in on the whole 'survival thing'....but our lives are worth it. For me its not about marketing or cashing in on celebrity....its about survival. Les

No extra points if you find the stab at Bear... Maybe Les is not all sweet then.. >:D

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:57:57 PM by dks »

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 04:23:56 PM
+1

I don't blame him for "cashing in" a little bit but too bad he doesn't just go with stuff he already uses. I wonder how much of a choice he or other celebs(?) have in matters like what products his name goes on. Nevermind any one of us would probably do the same given the situation.

Stay multi my friends
Agreed.  Most wilderness survival people carry multiple different knives/tools.  Like amongst the survivalist in our ranks.  They'd carry a multitool(pick a brand) and an SAK.  Just them, and the clothes on their back, into the woods,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Life is good!!!! :B:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:51 PM

Hi all - I got to thinkin'....there was a press release already, but other than that there have been just a few questions here and there about me releasing a survival knife line.

Firstly - yes - I have already released a BUSHCRAFT knife with the most excellent company: Helle out of Norway. The purpose was to design a high end bushcraft knife that is a one of a kind knife made by hand by the fantastic people at Helle. No two knives in this line are alike. I have even been able to visit the plant myself and sit at some of the machines hand crafting out my own blade. - In fact someone will unknowingly get one of these knives and it will be the one I worked on myself!!! I am very proud of these knives and very proud of working with Helle on them.

Now. That said - Helle and I were not interested in developing a knife line together that was more specific to survival - including some survival attachments. That is where Camillus comes in. I had turned down a number of knife companies who had courted me (including one specific line of knives you could probably guess at - they went with someone else) simply because they would not adhere to my strict quality policy: "If I am going to design a survival knife for you to put in your hands - then it better be quality enough to put in my own". They were all more interested in profit and celebrity. Camillus is fully committed to working with my own designs to develop a line of survival knives you can trust with your life. So if you want that one of a kind bushcrafting knife then please enjoy what I personally designed with Helle....and if you want to outfit yourself with a survival knife designed personally by me and tested by me - then you will see the prototype we will unveil in Vegas at the Shot show in January - I think I will be there at the show on the 18th. ....Camillus had no issues with the fact that I designed a beautiful one of a kind bushcraft knife with Helle and Helle has no issue that I am designing a fully loaded survival knife with Camillus.....

Listen folks - whether I became Survivorman and created a whole new genre of TV or not - I would have eventually tried to write a manual (which I did called Survive!) develop a line of survival knives and develop a survival kit. As an instructor of many years - these three initiatives were always in my heart to do. So now I am able to do so thanks to creating survival for TV - ok fine - buts what's most important to me is that whatever I put my name on - it be of the highest quality. Know this: In my opinion - the survival knife...book...kit that I put on the market will be the best there is. The price point may be a little higher than those who are cashing in on the whole 'survival thing'....but our lives are worth it. For me its not about marketing or cashing in on celebrity....its about survival. Les

No extra points if you find the stab at Bear... Maybe Les is not all sweet then.. >:D

Why is his multitool a bust and a piece of crap then. He uses Leathermans and Victorinox SAK's and Swisstools and if he can't tell the difference in quality between his crap and there finally tuned tools hes blind.
I'm the milk man!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 10:08:59 AM

Why is his multitool a bust and a piece of crap then. He uses Leathermans and Victorinox SAK's and Swisstools and if he can't tell the difference in quality between his crap and there finally tuned tools hes blind.

You see, if you read carefully, he says that he had turned down various, bad, knife making companies. He did not say he turned down any rubbish multitool makers, designs, companies.   ;)   :rofl:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 10:26:45 AM
I just can't believe he would say

buts what's most important to me is that whatever I put my name on - it be of the highest quality.

and have his name on a piece of crap multitool that he knows is a piece of crap.

I guess this is "apparently" a interview with Les and not confirmed though.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD