Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Wingman Review

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Wingman Review
Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 07:20:33 AM
Sorry for the necro bump and if there is another thread on the wingman.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=32035.0

I wish I knew before ordering.

But for $25 I bought it. And although there are shortcomings I am happy I got it to add to my collection. I am usually a guy who carries the same tool for years day in day out. But recently I've started adding to the collection and am enjoying varying my Edc.

Although it's silly to cut something that thin with "wire cutters", the precision on my rebar and even freestyle are much tighter and have overlap to be able to cut through the smallest diameters. Also, I think the scissors on the wingman are fantastic, which is probably a task more apt for that anywho. And the belt clip just needs the torq tighten.

So I'm still "enjoying" it for what it is.

:think:  :tu:
I got carried away from all the misleading reviews on youtube. "Standard LM quality" bla-bla-bla.
It dropped to $27 in Amazon, so I thought, why not?
If you buy a tool and it turns out to be less than you expected, you either learn to love it, or just sell it.
I use my Wingman from time to time, because why not. I don't like it all that much, so I don't mind if I rough it up a bit.
Did you get the Rebar after the Wingman? That's what I did. Awesome tool.
No I had the rebar first, to basically replace a Supertool 300 for everyday carry. I really like it, and it is about as close as I'm gonna get with the tools out now to the perfect tool for me ;)

My Wingman review in a nutshell is. "My extremely low expectations for this tool have been mildly exceeded."  :D
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 07:39:27 AM

"My extremely low expectations for this tool have been mildly exceeded."  :D

:rofl:
Can I use this for my reviews? It describes some items perfectly.  :tu:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:51 AM
"My extremely low expectations for this tool have been mildly exceeded."

*blink*

Hmm.

"I'm impressed. These fools have exceeded the exceedingly low expectations I had of them" - Edwin Odesseiron

I got nothing useful to add really. Just a few cogs in my addled brain bumping into each other....

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 11:07:21 AM
Picked up that wingman on a whim the other day. Carried it to see how it rides in the pocket with the pocket clip the last couple days. Not bad. Oh how I wish my rebar had a pocket clip... Modders  :think:

I'm somewhat impressed so far with the wingman (for what it is). I had really low expectations and only paid a whopping $25 for it. So I've been very pleasantly pleased.  :tu:

I'm afraid it's gonna see a bit of pocket time really, because of that sweet pocket clip. My rebar is sad, and  lonely on the table right now. While the wingman is warm and cozy, in my pocket...

Single-wing Wingman and Rebar Pocket Clip Hack Pics.

us Offline Edward Scissorhands

• SAKo-masochist
Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
A couple of months ago, I was dropping some serious sofa change at the local home improvement superstore. Among the slim MT pickings there, I spotted a Wingman and threw it in the cart. Maybe my EDC Wave was lonely among the various SAKs, or maybe I just wanted to see how Leatherman handles outside scissors before trying the Surge.

In any case, I was not pleased with the scissors. The lock doesn't engage without forcing it to, usually with two hands if I don't want a cramp. The inner tools clump terribly, and why in the bat-smurf name of all that's decent is that little one-inch ruler knob doing taking up an entire layer?  :rant:

Well, I still love my Wave, and I guess in the future I'll know to stick to high-end LM's.
EDC: SwissChamp, Swisstool X, Zippo, Mini Maglite, all on my belt. I'm one more sheath away from becoming Batman.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%