Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The (Great?) Workout Thread.

AHB · 1085 · 56943

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The (Great?) Workout Thread.
Reply #660 on: February 04, 2016, 09:48:15 PM
it will be a while before you hit that
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

hr Offline styx

Reply #661 on: February 07, 2016, 11:34:44 AM
and yesterday i've hit one of the new year's resolutions in the mouth - got the 100kg squat

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #662 on: February 11, 2016, 04:09:45 AM
and yesterday i've hit one of the new year's resolutions in the mouth - got the 100kg squat
Congrats bud :D new goal 150?

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #663 on: February 11, 2016, 04:10:12 AM
I've decided this week was off week. I need to recoupe from Alabama and I turn 21 tomorrow. Gonna be a long day.

hr Offline styx

Reply #664 on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:13 AM
Congrats bud :D new goal 150?

the long term goal is 155. now i'm more focused on hitting an 80kg bench press and 180kg deadlift. speaking of deadlift, i've cussed enough to make a sailor turn all kinds of red yesterday. did a 130 but had to bail out after 10 reps because a callus on my left hand was starting to tear and just couldn't hold the bar any longer.

so you''ll be drinking tonight. that is a form of exercise too. i hope  :drink: :drink:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #665 on: February 15, 2016, 05:35:43 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow night to get back at it. Just having the little routine I did start, greatly impacted my stress relief. I can usually a handle a lot, but working out might help even more than fishing. And THAT says something.

hr Offline styx

Reply #666 on: February 15, 2016, 08:21:59 AM
perhaps because you let out the urge for bashing heads to hurting iron

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #667 on: February 16, 2016, 04:13:03 PM
I didn't realize this thread was still alive.LOL.

Keep up the good work,it will pay dividends in the future.

Remember the old fable involving the tortoise and the hare.Slow and steady wins the day and also remember you have a lifetime to improve.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

hr Offline styx

Reply #668 on: February 16, 2016, 04:41:25 PM
just like one should leave the ego at the door before doing something that can cause injury

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #669 on: February 16, 2016, 04:44:38 PM
Yeah most definetly cooled it down last night, 30 min of cardio, then semi full body (leg press starting at 250, bench press at 145, then core/back pulls at 130) these are the starts then I go up 15 pounds but down 2 reps every set. (First set is 12 or 14 reps)

Then did another 45 minutes of cardio.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #670 on: February 16, 2016, 05:20:08 PM
I just finished one leg of my cardio,cycling.Unfortunately it's raining and I had to ride my bicycle on my trainer.This is so boring compared to riding on the street but I consider it necessary especially for people of my age.

Now,after this short break,I'm back to my work-out.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

hr Offline styx

Reply #671 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:54 PM
so y'all are saying that cardio is not any set over 10 reps?

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #672 on: February 16, 2016, 09:27:40 PM
so y'all are saying that cardio is not any set over 10 reps?
Huh?

I consider cardio walking on a treadmill, biking, elliptical, etc.....

hr Offline styx

Reply #673 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:08 PM
it's one of the powerlifting things that somehow snuck in lately. basically gotta do more actual cardio

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #674 on: February 16, 2016, 10:20:20 PM
it's one of the powerlifting things that somehow snuck in lately. basically gotta do more actual cardio
I think I got you

Some people also categorize cardio as high rep low weight pair traning. (Hitting biceps then directly hitting triceps, apparently the immediate alternation between the two improves the workout)

hr Offline styx

Reply #675 on: February 17, 2016, 07:36:26 AM
not sure if it improves the workout. i do super sets and complexes to cut down on time when waiting on some equipment becomes tedious.
as far as cardio goes, i'm just lazy to do it in the gym. that's why i should fix my bike or stop being a wuss about the awful weather and go hiking

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #676 on: February 18, 2016, 05:52:42 AM
So tonight I did a 15 minute cardio, then went into the semi-full body workout mentioned above.

And then my workout partner decided to surprise me, I laid down on the bench and he put on what he believed was my max, 175lbs, which I then repped 4 times.......

I don't feel a whole lot stronger than when I started. Maybe I just miss-evaluated where I currently was, and should have started as far as rep/weight.

hr Offline styx

Reply #677 on: February 18, 2016, 07:37:24 AM
15 minutes of cardio? damn son

yep you probably wrongly evaluated. but the weight also goes up fast for a certain amount of time before it becomes a slower progression.

hit only 8 reps on a 300lbs deadlift yesterday. grip gave out before my back. the irony is that i feel there were another 4 or 5 reps possible but just couldn't hold the bar any more

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #678 on: February 18, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

yep you probably wrongly evaluated. but the weight also goes up fast for a certain amount of time before it becomes a slower progression.

hit only 8 reps on a 300lbs deadlift yesterday. grip gave out before my back. the irony is that i feel there were another 4 or 5 reps possible but just couldn't hold the bar any more
Do you wear gloves?

Or have you used Utterly Smooth/Okeefs?

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #679 on: February 18, 2016, 06:50:30 PM
I decided that I was going to take a day off from exercise.After sitting around the house for 2 hours I had to ride.I cycled for only 30 minutes and covered 6.5 miles.

I took some nourishment and now I have to run.I've done this all of my adult life and just can't stop spontaneously. So much for a day of rest.

Oh well,I usually rest on Sunday so that appears to be enough for this exercise warrior.LOL.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #680 on: February 18, 2016, 07:29:13 PM
I just posted to NNR about rest.  Good for you to rest.  Exercise is great but rest is vital.

What about an all stretch day?  When I was at it hardcore and my body was begging for rest I'd have an all stretch day and WOW. 
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline styx

Reply #681 on: February 19, 2016, 07:40:15 AM

Do you wear gloves?

Or have you used Utterly Smooth/Okeefs?

None of those options. I just file down the calluses and use regular ol' Nivea creme. I think straps will be the route I take especially since the last time I wore gloves and lifted something heavy it resulted in wrist lacerations

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #682 on: March 28, 2016, 08:10:00 AM
Been awhile since I posted. Feb 22nd, me and our new roommate decided a 5 day body slip would be a good start. Legs, Chest, Core/Abs, Arms, Shoulders.

We finished our 4th week last thursday, leap year kinda messed up the times.

According to the calculator I've lost 15lbs of body fat, but on the scale I've only lost 4lbs. So 11lbs of muscle? No idea the pos/negative there.

I definetly feel a lot stronger overall, and my pants fit looser, I can see muscles I haven't seen since high school.

Tonight, and for the next 12 weeks we are following a program off bodybuilding.com, after 1 workout I know for sure this is quite the upgrade.

I definetly notice a different mood based on my diet, and the 2 rest days were killing me, couldn't go to sleep as easy, overall a little more stressed.

hr Offline styx

Reply #683 on: March 28, 2016, 11:16:50 AM
great results. just one question - what about back?

I actually had to sit out last week due to messing up my right arm

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #684 on: March 28, 2016, 04:25:30 PM
Way to go NK  :tu:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #685 on: March 28, 2016, 06:06:51 PM

My bad, I forgot to mention those.

We usually did lower back with ab/core and upper on shoulder day. Kinda mismatched but it got the job done

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #686 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14:16 PM
I was out on my bike twice this past week. Going to try to get out at least twice a week since the weather is starting to get nice..
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

hr Offline styx

Reply #687 on: March 28, 2016, 07:19:30 PM

My bad, I forgot to mention those.

We usually did lower back with ab/core and upper on shoulder day. Kinda mismatched but it got the job done

that works

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #688 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:17 AM
After ~8 months of cutting and ~74lbs of weight lost,  I've begun a strength training progression to try and gain some of my lost strength back while I cut down the last 5 lbs or so.  I am weighing in exactly at my competition weight for powerlifting back in High school, but no where near the same level of strength.  Two separated shoulders didn't help that much.  As of today(for my birthday) I am on a cheat day nutrition wise, and I'll hop back into my ketogenic program on Thursday and resume the cut for another month or however long it takes to get down to around 11% BF, then I'm going to try and pack on some lean mass.  I might just maintain over the summer for looks, because it's nice to see veins in my abs and I'd kinda like to show that off a bit! 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #689 on: March 30, 2016, 02:03:06 PM
After ~8 months of cutting and ~74lbs of weight lost,  I've begun a strength training progression to try and gain some of my lost strength back while I cut down the last 5 lbs or so.  I am weighing in exactly at my competition weight for powerlifting back in High school, but no where near the same level of strength.  Two separated shoulders didn't help that much.  As of today(for my birthday) I am on a cheat day nutrition wise, and I'll hop back into my ketogenic program on Thursday and resume the cut for another month or however long it takes to get down to around 11% BF, then I'm going to try and pack on some lean mass.  I might just maintain over the summer for looks, because it's nice to see veins in my abs and I'd kinda like to show that off a bit!
You've made an amazing transformation man :tu:  It's really making me want to get back into it myself, once we get in our house and I have access to my equipment once again.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44