Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest Leatherman?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What's your latest Leatherman?
Reply #3150 on: October 19, 2014, 06:11:34 AM
Since getting my SS ST 300 a few months back I have been really wanting the BO version. Well I did it....................  Here she is in all her glory along with my SS one. 

IMG_5424.JPG
* IMG_5424.JPG (Filesize: 201.43 KB)
IMG_5427.jpg
* IMG_5427.jpg (Filesize: 219.73 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3151 on: October 19, 2014, 06:17:22 AM
It does look great in BO.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #3152 on: October 19, 2014, 06:19:10 AM
Since getting my SS ST 300 a few months back I have been really wanting the BO version. Well I did it....................  Here she is in all her glory along with my SS one. 

Oh yes, BO all the way...congrats!  :cheers:
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3153 on: October 19, 2014, 06:20:46 AM
Thanks guys and yes it looks awesome in black.  I have become very fond of the ST 300. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3154 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:07 AM
My first and only Leatherman thanks to Joel. I don't actually have it yet, this the picture of what he is sending me.

Maybe now he can buy his fat bike. I am still not sure what that is.

Still wish I could have talked him into selling me the Rebar or ST 300  :drool:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3155 on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:34 PM
I just posted this as a separate thread but it really belongs here.  I scored a Knifeless Fuse by mere chance so needless to say I snatched it up. 
I also got a SS Wave which I also couldn't pass on. 

IMG_5433.jpg
* IMG_5433.jpg (Filesize: 227.91 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #3156 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:42 PM

It really look nice in black. I totally understand you.
I did the same some months ago had my ss for some years then got the bo this summer. A little unnecessary in a way but then very satisfying in another way. :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3157 on: October 23, 2014, 04:03:03 PM
A little necessary but then very satisfying. :D

Fixed this for you. Don't mention it.   :pok:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:07:04 PM by HarleyXJGuy »

us Offline Shotgundoug13

Reply #3158 on: October 24, 2014, 06:16:04 AM

My latest picked it up at a garage sale for $2. I'm used to my c33, but I like this too.
Leatherman tools: Surge, Kick, Freestyle, Wingman, Style CS, C33LX, REBAR, OHT, Supertool 300, Wave
Victorinox tools: Alox Farmer, Classic SD
Gerber tools: Flik

pl Offline u99

Reply #3159 on: October 30, 2014, 03:51:19 PM

LM #7

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #3160 on: October 30, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
I wish this was my latest leatherman  but I am not going to bid on it

looks nice though
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3161 on: October 30, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

looks nice though

Hello!  :drool:
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #3162 on: October 30, 2014, 08:54:03 PM

looks nice though

You'd have to pass all the keen Dutch MT collectors, first  :D
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3163 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:24 PM
This has to be the record for the fastest mail I have ever received over here. Just over two weeks.

My first and only Leatherman. A SS Wave purchased second hand off Joel.

Very impressed with the OH opening knife and I have to admit coming into this I did not think I would like it. Are they all this smooth and easy to open or has it been broke in a little you think? Came to me very sharp (thanks Joel) which is good cause every time I am about to buy a Edge Pro Apex another SAK or MT come along that I just have to buy.

Excellent condition. Like new for all intents and purposes.

Initial thoughts.

I am a huge Spyderco fanboi so don't tell my friends on the Spydie forum but my first thought after playing with the OHO blade for a while was "I could get away with just carrying this one tool"

Eye glass mini drive or whatever it is called. Worthless. For me anyhow. Mod time I suppose. Any good idea of what to switch it out with?

Scissors are win and the large flat head screwdriver would make a nifty mini pry bar I think.

Now for the thing that has me the most excited. Well maybe tied with the knife. The nylon case. Specifically the little stretch bit on the side that seemingly were made for my little AAA flashlight. All I need to do now is find a fire sourse of some sort that will fit in the other stretchy thing and I am all set in one pouch! Light, Fire. Blade and Multi Tool.

Anyhow thanks again Joel for the hook up and before you guys get all up in my business pictures will be up tomorrow when BOB comes back out. Here is one for now so you can see how I feel sporting this beast.

:multi:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3164 on: October 31, 2014, 01:04:42 PM
This has to be the record for the fastest mail I have ever received over here. Just over two weeks.

My first and only Leatherman. A SS Wave purchased second hand off Joel.

Very impressed with the OH opening knife and I have to admit coming into this I did not think I would like it. Are they all this smooth and easy to open or has it been broke in a little you think? Came to me very sharp (thanks Joel) which is good cause every time I am about to buy a Edge Pro Apex another SAK or MT come along that I just have to buy.

Excellent condition. Like new for all intents and purposes.

Initial thoughts.

I am a huge Spyderco fanboi so don't tell my friends on the Spydie forum but my first thought after playing with the OHO blade for a while was "I could get away with just carrying this one tool"

Eye glass mini drive or whatever it is called. Worthless. For me anyhow. Mod time I suppose. Any good idea of what to switch it out with?

Scissors are win and the large flat head screwdriver would make a nifty mini pry bar I think.

Now for the thing that has me the most excited. Well maybe tied with the knife. The nylon case. Specifically the little stretch bit on the side that seemingly were made for my little AAA flashlight. All I need to do now is find a fire sourse of some sort that will fit in the other stretchy thing and I am all set in one pouch! Light, Fire. Blade and Multi Tool.

Anyhow thanks again Joel for the hook up and before you guys get all up in my business pictures will be up tomorrow when BOB comes back out. Here is one for now so you can see how I feel sporting this beast.

:multi:

You could swap out the small bit driver for an awl.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3165 on: October 31, 2014, 01:04:53 PM
Congrats on the Wave!

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3166 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:06 PM
Congrats on the Wave!

Nate

Thanks. Very happy with it.

Yeah Awl was the first thing that pooped into my mind. Prolly about the same size as far as handle space goes and more bueno as far as usefulness goes.

The Saw on this thing looks like it can cut real well. Yes?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3167 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:31 PM
Congrats on the Wave!

Nate

Thanks. Very happy with it.

Yeah Awl was the first thing that pooped into my mind. Prolly about the same size as far as handle space goes and more bueno as far as usefulness goes.

The Saw on this thing looks like it can cut real well. Yes?

Yeah the saw works good.  :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3168 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:10 PM
Once you replace the small bit driver, carry the bit in the sheath, if needed it can be used as shown here.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3169 on: October 31, 2014, 01:23:35 PM
Just noticed something else.

I was playing, I mean inspecting my new toy, I mean tool and was like how do I tell which knife I am about to open? Not a fan of serrated blades. Wen I noticed a little bumpy bit at the top of the outside of the serrated blade and smooth on the plain edge.

Well done Leatherman, simple and effective.  :tu:

Do wish the blade was some nice S90V or even S30V. Guess you can't have it all and I am sure whatever this one is made of is ok.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3170 on: October 31, 2014, 01:27:21 PM
The Charges have thr S30v blade on them.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3171 on: October 31, 2014, 01:31:55 PM

I was playing, I mean inspecting my new toy, I mean tool and was like how do I tell which knife I am about to open? Not a fan of serrated blades. Wen I noticed a little bumpy bit at the top of the outside of the serrated blade and smooth on the plain edge.

Do wish the blade was some nice S90V or even S30V. Guess you can't have it all and I am sure whatever this one is made of is ok.

PM Breezy12, he may have a spare S30V blade for sale.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3172 on: October 31, 2014, 01:34:54 PM
texastoolcrafters on ebay sometimes offer S30V blades to suit LM Charges/Waves(new) .  I think they are left over from when they are modding Charges with damascus blades.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390961885644
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:36:39 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3173 on: October 31, 2014, 01:40:23 PM

Will do. How does one have a spare S30V blade? Someone make them or he didn't need it on his Charge?

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3174 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46:06 PM
texastoolcrafters on ebay sometimes offer S30V blades to suit LM Charges/Waves(new) .  I think they are left over from when they are modding Charges with damascus blades.

Nice. S30V for only 24 bones.

I just had an idea. Could I replace both my normal plain edge blade AND the serrated on with S30V plain edge blades?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3175 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46:59 PM
Left over from a mod is my guess.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3176 on: October 31, 2014, 01:50:52 PM

Will do. How does one have a spare S30V blade? Someone make them or he didn't need it on his Charge?

He picked up a bulk ebay lot with reconditioned blades. A few of us bought some off him though so I'm not sure if any are left. There are also 154CM blades, they are really good too, I might even have one around here somewhere.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3177 on: October 31, 2014, 01:51:44 PM

Nice. S30V for only 24 bones.

I just had an idea. Could I replace both my normal plain edge blade AND the serrated on with S30V plain edge blades?
Yes you can.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #3178 on: October 31, 2014, 02:05:18 PM
The blade that comes stock on a Wave is the 154CM?

If so I think I will just replace the mini driver and the serrated blade with an Awl and S30V blade.

What in the world kinda bit do I need to remove these strange little connector screw things?

Also thanks for all the info.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3179 on: October 31, 2014, 02:13:45 PM
The blade that comes stock on a Wave is the 154CM?

If so I think I will just replace the mini driver and the serrated blade with an Awl and S30V blade.

What in the world kinda bit do I need to remove these strange little connector screw things?

Also thanks for all the info.

Nar, all SE blades are 420HC. Wave PE is 420HC, Charge Ti PE is 154CM and the Charge TTi PE is S30V.
The small bit cleans out a chainsaw bar groove really well.
And you're welcome.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD