Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight?

edap617 · 3061 · 245377

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #1200 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:40 PM
Yep, it's a popular light, a lot of people like it. I haven't had one myself. I think this is a newer/upgraded version as the... old ones were less than 65 lumens... Not sure, though.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1201 on: February 24, 2015, 05:44:33 PM
Yep, it's a popular light, a lot of people like it. I haven't had one myself. I think this is a newer/upgraded version as the... old ones were less than 65 lumens... Not sure, though.

That sounds right, I think the older ones had something like 48 lumens.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #1202 on: March 05, 2015, 08:44:50 PM
My latest acquired edc flashlight is an Acebeam L10 Mini (1AA), which took a slow boat to get here, a month after I paid for it.  But, the wait seems worth it so far.  I've already put some knotwork on it, just need to decide if I'm gonna keep it clipped to my keychain or pocket carry it with a paracord lanyard...  :D

Acebeam L10 Mini Led Flashlight with some knotwork
by Stormdrane, on Flickr

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1203 on: March 05, 2015, 09:31:27 PM
Good looking little light mate. :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1204 on: March 06, 2015, 03:11:34 AM
Picked up this little guy last night.  :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1205 on: March 06, 2015, 03:37:37 AM
Wife bought me a NiteCore Tube Keychain Light as a little bday gift :D
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1206 on: March 06, 2015, 07:27:56 AM
 :think: I haven't got a new light since getting the T10's.  Well not counting some Maglights that I got just because.  I am really enjoying the T10 but I hate to say I'm jonesing for a higher output AA light. 
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1207 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:43 AM
Picked up this little guy last night.  :)

lol, nice pic mate. :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1208 on: March 06, 2015, 10:42:02 AM
:think: I haven't got a new light since getting the T10's.  Well not counting some Maglights that I got just because.  I am really enjoying the T10 but I hate to say I'm jonesing for a higher output AA light.

I thought the T10 had a pretty high output for a 1xAA light?  Or am I getting that wrong? :think:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1209 on: March 06, 2015, 05:08:09 PM

I thought the T10 had a pretty high output for a 1xAA light?  Or am I getting that wrong? :think:

Oh it's pretty great!  I guess with each bump of lumens with each new light I get lumen greedy.  I have a PD32 that is nearly perfect in every way ( minus the CR123 cells ).  I never thought I'd chase brighter and brighter lights.  The reality is I use mid range more often and the low setting ( 50/10 ) around the house.   
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1210 on: March 07, 2015, 06:35:18 PM
Just received my first edc flashlight. A 'HUGSBY XP-1' I went the less expensive route primarily, but will probably move up if and when these give out. My wife will keep one in her bag as well.
$12 for TWO, with free shipping from a U.S store,  supposed 120lm, reversible pocket clip so i can mount on my hat, rear click on. Only one mode tho.
I was very interested in the Thrunite ti3, but i dont think ill like the twist on feature. I guess it helps with accidental waste of batteries tho.
Well todays my first day with a torch on my side  :D

Just got one of these in myself.  Have to say I'm pretty impressed with it, especially given the low price. :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1211 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:16 AM
My latest toy,,
   When I opened it, it was absolutely dead, Notta, not even a glow! So I threw it on a usb to get juiced, I just took it off so I don't have any pics, but I must say WOW! This thing is freaking bright, the wife and I were watching tv so I pointed it up to the ceiling and it lit the whole thing up, it looked as if the light was on since that's what I was aiming at. I must say this is a pretty nice piece for $12, so long as it holds a decent charge a great buy, especially since all you have to do is recharge it and not have to buy more batteries!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1212 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:15 AM
That looks interesting. :tu:  Got a link?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1213 on: March 11, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
I got mine off of amazon, but it's a nitecore, Grant it its about twice the size of a photon freedom, but weight wise pretty much the same, there's like nothing to it. I couldn't take a pic last night cause some of my lights are on timers and I wanted to crash, but I took one this morning, thus why the pic is kinda blurry cause I couldnt hold the ipad straight, I'm just not awake, lol. But it lit the whole room up! I'll have to do a compare side by side pic to the freedom, maybe tonight when I'm awake and the rooms are dark.
JR

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:36:47 PM by MadPlumbarian »

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #1214 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:33 AM
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:04:12 AM by Millhouse »
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1215 on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:31 AM
£6?  That seems a bit of a bargain. :tu:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #1216 on: March 13, 2015, 10:38:38 PM
Got it on Tuesday but was camera lazy as always. ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1217 on: March 13, 2015, 10:45:48 PM
That's nice! Any info, specs?
JR

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1218 on: March 13, 2015, 10:49:44 PM
That's nice! Any info, specs?
JR

Thrunite T10S, XP-L emitter. 0,15/13/208 lumens on a single AA battery, memory function (comes on in the last mode you left it in)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1219 on: March 13, 2015, 11:06:29 PM
"I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10," .........:ahhh

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1220 on: March 13, 2015, 11:14:39 PM
"I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10, I don't need a T10," .........:ahhh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391001304939 :whistle:

Cool White too. You like cool white and memory, right? >:D

I highly recommend this seller. Fast shipping, under 10 days from China for me, and my preferred seller for all flashlight related purchases. I had an ITP A2 die on me after a bit over a year, sent it back to them and they fixed it. Not replaced but actually fixed it and I got it back with all he dings in ano it had before. ;) Not a lot of sellers would do that so late after the initial purchase so they got a loyal customer in me cause of it.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1221 on: March 14, 2015, 01:28:00 AM
Looks like the T10 got a bump in lumens  :think: and a new emitter? I really like the SS one but having 2 already I cannot justify another  :whistle:

I've been super stoked with mine.   
IMG_6611.jpg
* IMG_6611.jpg (Filesize: 85 KB)
IMG_6612.jpg
* IMG_6612.jpg (Filesize: 119.91 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1222 on: March 14, 2015, 05:52:42 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391001304939 :whistle:

Cool White too. You like cool white and memory, right? >:D

I highly recommend this seller. Fast shipping, under 10 days from China for me, and my preferred seller for all flashlight related purchases. I had an ITP A2 die on me after a bit over a year, sent it back to them and they fixed it. Not replaced but actually fixed it and I got it back with all he dings in ano it had before. ;) Not a lot of sellers would do that so late after the initial purchase so they got a loyal customer in me cause of it.

More of a neutral fan if it's an option TBH, though I'm happy enough with cool if that's the only choice.  Thanks for the recommendation though (bloody enabler ::)).

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1223 on: March 14, 2015, 05:55:24 PM
I prefer personal shopping assistant. :whistle:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1224 on: March 14, 2015, 05:59:31 PM
I prefer personal shopping assistant. :whistle:
As long as you don't expect to get paid. :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1225 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:11 AM
My latest acquired edc flashlight is an Acebeam L10 Mini (1AA), which took a slow boat to get here, a month after I paid for it.  But, the wait seems worth it so far.  I've already put some knotwork on it, just need to decide if I'm gonna keep it clipped to my keychain or pocket carry it with a paracord lanyard...  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Acebeam L10 Mini Led Flashlight with some knotwork
by Stormdrane, on Flickr

I did not know you was a MTO member Storms.

Love your Knot tying blog.

Nothing to add about the actual topic though.  :facepalm:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1226 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:08 AM

Lies.

And thanks to you guys now I want one too.  :facepalm:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1227 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:34 AM
Looks like the T10 got a bump in lumens  :think: and a new emitter? I really like the SS one but having 2 already I cannot justify another  :whistle:

I've been super stoked with mine.   

Easy enough to fix.

When you send me the PST sell me one of the black T-10's you have and then you can get a SS one.

I like the not SS one better.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1228 on: April 04, 2015, 05:04:49 PM
A good, cheap lantern/torch

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

it Offline GiuseppeCiclope

Reply #1229 on: April 18, 2015, 11:54:06 AM
Added a PD35 (2014 ver.) to my edc (i love this "artistic" photo :) )

Also handmade a diffuser white and red (made with a red bottle cap for emergency) which fit perfectly

Hope you like the idea very very cheap ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%