Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight?

edap617 · 3061 · 245471

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #1680 on: May 27, 2016, 10:24:05 PM
Nitecore Tube and some other cheap ones. Will have to try the XP11, looks really slim indeed.

pl Offline maba

Reply #1681 on: May 28, 2016, 12:24:17 AM
Not bad, but I prefer D25A Clicky :D

And another new great light - Manker U11:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #1682 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:03 AM
I love posting in the thread.  I never change my flashlight, I've been carrying the same Leatherman Monarch 300 for at least 5 years. 

Actually, I picked up a Nitecore MT2A about 4 months ago and I have carried it daily as my Work light, and it's performing very well.  My only complaint is the mode selector.  I use it sporadically and only seconds at a time for the most part, but you have to hold the tail switch down for longer than 5 seconds or it changes modes.  The only way around this is to tighten the bezel which places the torch in permanent "High" mode, which makes the bezel heat up and reduces your battery life to around an hour per set of batteries.  Not a huge deal since my employer provides batteries, but annoying still.  I must say though, High mode is like flippin daylight with this torch. 

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1683 on: May 28, 2016, 09:49:02 PM

That Manker looks great... Have to check them out... or maybe better not :P
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1684 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:47 PM

That Manker looks great... Have to check them out... or maybe better not :P
The Manker specs look good as well, super compact 18650.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1685 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:22 PM
I love posting in the thread.  I never change my flashlight, I've been carrying the same Leatherman Monarch 300 for at least 5 years. 

Actually, I picked up a Nitecore MT2A about 4 months ago and I have carried it daily as my Work light, and it's performing very well.  My only complaint is the mode selector.  I use it sporadically and only seconds at a time for the most part, but you have to hold the tail switch down for longer than 5 seconds or it changes modes.  The only way around this is to tighten the bezel which places the torch in permanent "High" mode, which makes the bezel heat up and reduces your battery life to around an hour per set of batteries.  Not a huge deal since my employer provides batteries, but annoying still.  I must say though, High mode is like flippin daylight with this torch.

Not saying it would replace the Monarch 300, but have you looked at the Hugsby XP-1?  Very similar to the 300 but with more modern LED.  Worth a look given it's only a few bucks.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #1686 on: May 29, 2016, 12:07:47 PM

Not saying it would replace the Monarch 300, but have you looked at the Hugsby XP-1?  Very similar to the 300 but with more modern LED.  Worth a look given it's only a few bucks.

I will check that out, at that price it's a steal and I can't see why I shouldn't!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1687 on: May 31, 2016, 09:45:06 PM

I will check that out, at that price it's a steal and I can't see why I shouldn't!

I need to pick up another one myself.  I lent mine to my wife and I think she has no intention of giving it back. :D

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #1688 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:17 AM
I couldn't resist looking Hugsby XP-1 up :D. I'm just going to say I'm pretty fond of XP-E2 emitters ::)
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #1689 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:30 PM

I need to pick up another one myself.  I lent mine to my wife and I think she has no intention of giving it back. :D

Like an idiot I gave my spare to my brother, so now I'm on the lookout for another backup.  They are impossible to find.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1690 on: June 01, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Like an idiot I gave my spare to my brother, so now I'm on the lookout for another backup.  They are impossible to find.

I've not seen one for sale in ages.  Last one I saw was as part of a set with a Freestyle, but even that was a couple of years ago at least.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #1691 on: June 01, 2016, 07:00:12 PM

I've not seen one for sale in ages.  Last one I saw was as part of a set with a Freestyle, but even that was a couple of years ago at least.

Yea I think all hope is lost on finding a new one.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #1692 on: June 04, 2016, 01:16:06 PM
I just got a Thrunite T10, due to having a big packet of AA batteries at home and not many devices to use them up  :oops:

So far I'm liking it a lot. I like the sequence and don't mind the memory function.

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #1693 on: June 04, 2016, 01:45:15 PM
Just received my Nitecore Tube. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I like concept and the output.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #1694 on: June 06, 2016, 12:57:22 PM
I've got one of those tubes in as well. Disappaers in the pocket and still have always a light with you. And it is rechargeble. Nice!

I outputs pretty decent. Color is okay and the lumens as well. More than the avarage cellphone flashlight which I used a lot untill now to see in the back of closets and things like that. But safes you the cellphone battery. And the lowmode is perfect for walking in a bedroom with sleeping kids without waking them up.

This light was an experiment for me but it looks like I will be buying some more. To put in pockets of several coats and such so I will always have some lighting gear with me. I have some more "serious" flashlights but this one sees the most action. And that for less then 10 bucks shiped  :2tu:

pl Offline maba

Reply #1695 on: June 18, 2016, 10:53:24 PM
Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky, Thorfire TA13, Manker U11, Eagletac D25A Clicky, Astrolux A01:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1696 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:20 PM
A new D25A mate?

pl Offline maba

Reply #1697 on: June 18, 2016, 11:01:12 PM
Thorfire new, Eagletac old :D

us Offline NAB

• Swiss Army Hedge Knight
Reply #1698 on: June 19, 2016, 01:14:50 AM
Just got a Prometheus Beta qrv2 in brass..... :D
Sent from Galactica (BS-75)

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #1699 on: June 19, 2016, 01:33:16 AM
Lumintop Worm version 4.   It is a 3-level, 1xAAA twisty and the blue colored edition was $10.99 (US) on Amazon.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #1700 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:54 AM
A bit off topic, but should I get a Thrunite Ti for $20? And how does it compare to the Fenix E01?
Leatherman

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1701 on: June 23, 2016, 01:04:26 PM
A bit off topic, but should I get a Thrunite Ti for $20? And how does it compare to the Fenix E01?

Have you got a link to the specific Ti you are talking about?  There are quite a few versions out there.  In general though Thrunites are well made lights.  The E01 is also a very tough little light that uses an old fashioned LED for low light output and massively long run times that will just keep going and going.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1702 on: June 23, 2016, 01:36:18 PM
Led Lenser F1, generously offered by Etherealicer. Great flashlight, smaller than it looks. Very powerfull beam, the strob is very intense and effective. Very light (pun intended) and easy to use/carry.

:tu: :salute:

Came with the extra smooth bezel (I kept the tactical one on it).

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1703 on: June 23, 2016, 05:12:49 PM
The LED Lenser F1 is their only offering that I've been truly impressed with. :tu:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #1704 on: June 23, 2016, 06:33:36 PM

Have you got a link to the specific Ti you are talking about?  There are quite a few versions out there.  In general though Thrunites are well made lights.  The E01 is also a very tough little light that uses an old fashioned LED for low light output and massively long run times that will just keep going and going.

https://www.amazon.ca/ThruNite-Ti3-Flashlight-Max120-lumens/dp/B00LUO028U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466699584&sr=8-2&keywords=thrunite+ti

:cheers:
Leatherman

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1705 on: June 23, 2016, 06:40:23 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/ThruNite-Ti3-Flashlight-Max120-lumens/dp/B00LUO028U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466699584&sr=8-2&keywords=thrunite+ti

Hey, look who's pulling a Jon Snow!

Welcome back!

Oh yeah...

Show content
To remember old times...

Show content
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
 :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Mike 208

Reply #1706 on: June 30, 2016, 03:40:54 AM
Earlier this month I picked up a tan Surefire EB1 Backup LED (200/5 lumen version, not the current 300/5 lumen version - bought it because it was 30% off), and a black Surefire G2X Tactical LED, 320 lumens.  These will be my new work lights.

pl Offline maba

Reply #1707 on: July 05, 2016, 06:54:18 PM
New JETbeam JET-µ and JET-1 MK 8)

Hugsby XP-1, Eagletac D25A Clicky, Jetbeam JET-1 MK, Astrolux A01, Jetbeam JET-µ, Olight I3E, Nitecore Tube:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1708 on: July 05, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

Wow, sorry for getting back to this so late. :-[  They are two quite different lights; the Ti3 has a much more modern LED and has the option of a Neutral tint (my personal choice), three modes for a more versatile light and is actually a little smaller than the E01.  What the E01 has in it's favour is the really long run time which is great as a back-up light that'll run for a couple of nights continuous use. 

So I see the E01 as being the better "emergency" light and the Ti3 as being the better "every day" light. 

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1709 on: July 05, 2016, 09:05:55 PM
New JETbeam JET-µ and JET-1 MK 8)

(Image removed from quote.)

Hugsby XP-1, Eagletac D25A Clicky, Jetbeam JET-1 MK, Astrolux A01, Jetbeam JET-µ, Olight I3E, Nitecore Tube:

(Image removed from quote.)

Ooooh, that Jet-1 looks just my kind of thing. :drool:  What are your thoughts on it?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%