Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rebar Owner's Club (pic heavy)

Hammer · 3049 · 235458

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Re: Rebar Owner's Club (pic heavy)
Reply #570 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:51 PM
Thanks in part to this forum, just got my first Rebar (I own several other Leatherman and SOGs). I love it. Good size for me to carry in my pocket and has the tools that I need.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #571 on: April 16, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Thanks in part to this forum, just got my first Rebar (I own several other Leatherman and SOGs). I love it. Good size for me to carry in my pocket and has the tools that I need.

Welcome to  :MTO:.. Rebar is awesome mid size MT  :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #572 on: April 16, 2015, 08:41:56 PM

Welcome aboard and great choice in the Rebar   :salute:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #573 on: April 16, 2015, 09:13:05 PM
Yep. The Rebar is great  :cheers:

I have a Pocket Plier that I like, but SOG needs to update that with a locking mechanism before it would be comparable to the Rebar, IMO. I have a BO and stainless PowerLock, but they are too big for pocket carry for me.

Tried the Sidekick, and there's something different about the weight distribution of it and how it sits in my pocket (I don't think it's the slight difference in weight), which bugs me a little for pocket carry. And of course the tools are better on the Rebar. I can see why everyone loves it :)

Of course the bad thing is that I liked the Rebar so much, that I had to know what the ST 300 is like in comparison to the PowerLock. Ordered a like new one off Ebay this week. I'll come back and post a family picture.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #574 on: April 16, 2015, 09:18:02 PM
Update your Rebar to ReBlaster  :rofl:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #575 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:48 AM
I want a ReBlaster :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #576 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:28 AM
I want a ReBlaster :)

:mail:

it Offline GiuseppeCiclope

Reply #577 on: April 18, 2015, 11:44:27 AM
The Rebar is one of the best MT ever made.

Only a thing: this would be better if they change the original screw with torx screw to customize and to do a maintenance

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #578 on: April 18, 2015, 02:16:52 PM
The Rebar is one of the best MT ever made.

Only a thing: this would be better if they change the original screw with torx screw to customize and to do a maintenance

Correct   :tu:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #579 on: April 19, 2015, 02:38:21 PM
I carry mine for work and play!  I love the saw...its perfect for up in the tree work clearing for a blind to trimming work.  I got mine as a warranty replacement for my Blast and love it!  It's still tight (or maybe I'm just used to how loose my PST has become?) but it completely replaced the SAK Huntsman I've carried since 1983.   It has everything the H-man had and then some.
Barry

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #580 on: April 19, 2015, 03:31:37 PM
I carry mine for work and play!  I love the saw...its perfect for up in the tree work clearing for a blind to trimming work.  I got mine as a warranty replacement for my Blast and love it!  It's still tight (or maybe I'm just used to how loose my PST has become?) but it completely replaced the SAK Huntsman I've carried since 1983.   It has everything the H-man had and then some.

That awesome Barry , rebar is great MT.. Welcome to the  :MTO:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #581 on: April 19, 2015, 04:00:17 PM

Welcome to the forum   :tu:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #582 on: April 19, 2015, 06:22:49 PM
 :multi:
Outdoor 1.jpg
* Outdoor 1.jpg (Filesize: 155.28 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #583 on: April 20, 2015, 11:30:31 AM
Thanks gang!  It's great to be here!   :D
Barry

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #584 on: April 21, 2015, 01:05:54 PM
Hi All

It's official, I'm leaving this club  :oops:  :D

Just to set the record straight, the Rebar is my kinda Leatherman, that's why I bought it, but it turned out to too heavy for pocket carry, and pouch carry is not an option, I got a Skeletool and now I'm happy.

Problem is I paid for the Rebar, and it ended up consigned to a USK that (to be honest) lives in a drawer and sticks its finger in my eye every time I open the drawer.

Long story short, I was helping my cousin over the weekend, he borrowed the Skeletool at some stage, and I asked him where his Leatherman is......
Mortgage, 1 kid and another on the way means no budget for toys....so he's getting an early birthday gift.  :D 8)
I don't view the Rebar as collectible, but a BO Rebar or a (old stock reasonably priced) Crunch might take its place  :facepalm:  :rofl:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #585 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:20 PM
Nice of you to help out your Cuz, you'll be back   :multi:

us Offline limatime42

Reply #586 on: April 22, 2015, 06:06:52 PM
This forum is quickly becoming bad news for my wallet...

I have a favor to ask. Could someone with a Rebar and PST post a thickness comparison pic? I can't seem to find one and my sheath is curious  :whistle:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #587 on: April 22, 2015, 06:50:08 PM
Here you go

Here are some pics of the Sheath that comes with the Rebar next to a PST sheath I stretched out to fit . The new sheath is a bit loose and not as good quality as the old ones. So an old one will work but you have to stretch it out to fit.

us Offline limatime42

Reply #588 on: April 23, 2015, 02:42:01 PM
Thanks I appreciate it Steve

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #589 on: April 27, 2015, 04:44:21 PM
Just got a Rebar today and I am VERY impressed. Great selection. I used to have a ST300 but it was too big for what I needed but the rebar is great. Replace the lanyard loop and can opener with scissors and it is perfect. (Pics coming soon)
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #590 on: April 27, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Just got a Rebar today and I am VERY impressed. Great selection. I used to have a ST300 but it was too big for what I needed but the rebar is great. Replace the lanyard loop and can opener with scissors and it is perfect. (Pics coming soon)
Enjoy the Rebar.  I'm getting back into carrying mine more lately.  It's much easier to carry than the larger multies.  Love your avatar by the way :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #591 on: April 27, 2015, 06:47:46 PM

:multi:
Reblaster.jpg
* Reblaster.jpg (Filesize: 72.86 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #592 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:58 PM
You can have your cake and eat it too !

:multi: :multi:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #593 on: April 27, 2015, 07:10:05 PM
Reblaster.jpg
* Reblaster.jpg (Filesize: 26.35 KB)

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #594 on: April 27, 2015, 10:45:35 PM
Enjoy the Rebar.  I'm getting back into carrying mine more lately.  It's much easier to carry than the larger multies.  Love your avatar by the way :)

You can have your cake and eat it too !

:multi: :multi:

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

:gimme:

I like the rebar II and and reblaster, but I just don't like can openers on my multis only because I would never use it. replacing the can opener with scissors would work great for me. I'm indifferent about the lanyard loop.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #595 on: April 27, 2015, 10:53:31 PM
SteveC PM sent

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #596 on: April 28, 2015, 12:22:13 AM
 :gimme: :multi:
ReBlaster Project 1.jpg
* ReBlaster Project 1.jpg (Filesize: 45.65 KB)

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #597 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:23 PM
I like the rebar II and and reblaster, but I just don't like can openers on my multis only because I would never use it. replacing the can opener with scissors would work great for me. I'm indifferent about the lanyard loop.

I wonder what percentage of people use the lanyard loop on their Rebars? I just did an image search on Google for "leatherman rebar lanyard" and could not find a single example of a lanyard attached. Does anyone use it? It's not like one is going to hang a Rebar around their neck with the loop. It hardly seem useful to me to extend the length since one can simply leave the handles extended (as I depicted here).

I'm sure I'm just ranting about something that tons of people have before me  :D

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #598 on: April 28, 2015, 11:34:43 PM

I wonder what percentage of people use the lanyard loop on their Rebars? I just did an image search on Google for "leatherman rebar lanyard" and could not find a single example of a lanyard attached. Does anyone use it? It's not like one is going to hang a Rebar around their neck with the loop. It hardly seem useful to me to extend the length since one can simply leave the handles extended (as I depicted here).

I'm sure I'm just ranting about something that tons of people have before me  :D
Nor have I.  ??? Lanyard loops seem better for more outdoor tools. After a day or so thinking it over, I realized the loop is less valuable than the opener. and I must say I think I like the rebar MORE than the wave (especially once scissors get added) It has almost the same tool loadout in a very slim profile. Plus no mini bit driver  :ahhh that thing drives me crazy.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #599 on: April 28, 2015, 11:49:42 PM
Nor have I.  ??? Lanyard loops seem better for more outdoor tools. After a day or so thinking it over, I realized the loop is less valuable than the opener. and I must say I think I like the rebar MORE than the wave (especially once scissors get added) It has almost the same tool loadout in a very slim profile. Plus no mini bit driver  :ahhh that thing drives me crazy.

Scissors and no lanyard would be a great idea. They could call it the "Sidebar."  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%