Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sog pocket power pliers owners club,

Zed · 170 · 33897

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Sog pocket power pliers owners club,
Reply #60 on: April 06, 2013, 03:34:33 PM
 :drool: Tini....
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: April 06, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
Now a proud owner
(Image removed from quote.)

Is this a ppp or older power pliers   :drool:

ca Offline wndrstrck

• Leatherman, GEC, SOG, Parker
Reply #63 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:01 AM
Recently ordered a couple. Could someone tell me the difference between the three models I have seen available...S44 the S44-N and the S44-L. The ones I ordered appear to be stone washed finish oppossed to the polished I see that most of you have posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

"To be prepared is half the victory" Miguel de Cervantes

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #64 on: May 02, 2013, 12:26:30 AM
i guess there's no other option but to buy a SOG PPP...in black of course!
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:42 AM
Recently ordered a couple. Could someone tell me the difference between the three models I have seen available...S44 the S44-N and the S44-L. The ones I ordered appear to be stone washed finish oppossed to the polished I see that most of you have posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

The -N and -L might denote nylon verses leather sheaths.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #66 on: May 04, 2013, 07:26:23 PM
I'm in. :cheers:

I just got a power pliers in the mail this morning:)

its my second power pliers I gave my first one to my brother in law. He still uses it. Going on year 5.

Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:40 PM
id like to join too please.  this is a cool little MT, i am seriously debating getting another and the price was outstanding.
003.JPG
* 003.JPG (Filesize: 94.04 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:06 PM
I'm in!
I got mine today...

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 07:03:38 PM
Hm :think: Torx screws.  :-\  I'm not sure I like this "update".

Nice tool at a great price nonetheless. :tu:

us Offline DeezNittles

Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 07:56:54 PM
I've had mine for going on a month now... Nice tool but it's hell on your palms using anything other than the pliers...

Not sure they are torx, they can be adjusted with an allen wrench so they are what I would call hex screws... however, I have been known to be wrong more than my share  :facepalm:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #71 on: June 18, 2013, 08:17:47 PM
:doh: You're right. Hex screws. My mind went straight to torx. It's been programed that way for years by the knife industry. ;) I was referring to the switch from the screws you could adjust with the 1/4" driver they were using before. 

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: June 21, 2013, 11:30:06 PM
Arent those called hex-holed or Allen screws? Hex Screws and bolts are the standard hexagonal heads, IIRC.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #73 on: June 23, 2013, 02:29:24 AM
I really really really like my power pliers after I swapped out the blade for a saw.

if I could cram a scissors in there too while keeping the file it would be a dream multi for me.

it close the way it is. :)

I think I might look for a leather sheath for it. The nylon sheath is kinda ugly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:33:33 AM by JAfromMn »
Defend the Hive!!!

scotland Offline xt60043f

Reply #74 on: June 27, 2013, 11:49:00 PM
I'm in the club too now!

The tool cost £12 shipped from Germany and comes with a really nice old school SOG leather pouch.  The tool shows its age and is ever so slightly dented on one of the handles but it still functions nicely.  Besides, I like the 'patina'.

Being a compulsive fiddler I had to fiddle!  I replaced the blade with a v-cut to make it even more UK friendly  ::) and the can opener with a 1/4" driver.  I have also added a small screwdriver/bottle opener.  This is mainly to take up the space of those nylon spacer washers.  As additional spacers I used a single M4 stainless washer on each side.  Yes, that means I now have 2 bottle openers.  :drink:  Finally in addition to this I added a nice belt clip I had lying around.

Further fiddlings may include:

1. Filing a wire stripper hole into the wire cutter.
2. Filling an electrical connector crimp into the handle.

Dammit, now I am jonesing for a PT-510!
ppp.jpg
* ppp.jpg (Filesize: 216.45 KB)
The Leatherman crunch.  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:54 AM
Y U no post pictures of the pocket clip?  ???

Hoping to be joining soon, myself...
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:53 AM
oops! it is on the other side!
The Leatherman crunch.  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07:25 AM
@ xt60043f that looks great i like the 1/4 driver a lot.
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:24 AM
@ xt60043f  £12 !!!!  Was that a 1 off, or from a shop?

Nice mods too,  :D

Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:34 PM
Heh.  It was an ebay auction from Germany.  I guess I just got lucky.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 08:56:25 PM
And just like that, I am in!

Just got it out of the mailbox yesterday. This is my first SOG and I have to say that I am impressed. Quality is better than LM. I got the nylon sheath and I like it quite a lot. Although, it is too bad it does not come with a pocket clip, because this thing is perfectly sized for pocket carry. I may rig a clip for it later. I like the stock tool loadout as is, but I despise empty space so I will add something just to replace those spacers - just need to decide what, though... Hmmm  :think:

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #81 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:19 AM
I'm back...I just can't keep away from these things :facepalm:

I'd traded or gifted off 3 of the 4 I'd had,but now have Zeds old one :multi:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: July 21, 2013, 11:55:19 AM

I get it john  :salute: you never know I might get that one back one day  ;)  :D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: July 21, 2013, 12:33:24 PM

I get it john  :salute: you never know I might get that one back one day  ;)  :D

It wouldn't surprise me Paul...this one has a good vibe to it

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: July 21, 2013, 01:19:57 PM
It´s a nice tool but it was a shame to  keep it in a drawer - Had to move it on to a loving home...

us Offline dnyc

Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 05:56:01 AM
Hi guys, this is my first post after being a big fan of the website and forum. I'm starting here because these were my last two multi-tool purchases. I got them both new on ebay for great prices, $29 for the BO and $35 for the 510 (both prices include shipping).

I have always carried a wave or swisstool at work or a spirit or juice out and about. I like to carry the spirit with me but sometimes I want to carry something smaller and less heavy so I carry a kf4, both tools are great. I love the juice but I found that sometimes I find myself where it would be better for me to carry something smaller than the spirit but might need to do something that might be more than the juice pliers can handle. The ppp is perfect for those days!

You know those days when you meet up with friends at one of their apartments before going out and before leaving they ask you to look at something small that needs fixing. If one of those friends asks me if I want to just come over and hang out I will bring my wave or swisstool, if they invite me over for dinner I ask if I should bring my toolbag!

I prefer the juice platform with all the outside opening tools and that swiss army knife feel but the ppp has it's own nice look and feel that is also great to carry/handle. The ppp's pliers just beat the juice's and i like the longer drivers also. If I'm just out and about and want to carry a small multi-tool I am not expecting to use, I will carry the juice, if I expect to use the small tool I'm putting in my pocket, it's going to be the pocket power plier.
P8270851a.jpg
* P8270851a.jpg (Filesize: 58.19 KB)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:05 AM
I'm in :D  Got mine today, and I must say I'm pleased with it.  It's rather different with how the handles open and how the pliers work compared to what I'm used to with Leathermans.  The handles don't open independent of each other, but rather work together due to the gears (which everyone here obviously knows) and it's a smooth action that I like.  I noticed that it also has an available spot on each handle to add a tool (I assume).  I'm not sure how to go about getting them, or what ones would be best for each slot as I think they have to be short tools.  Any guidance on that would be appreciated :salute:  Here are some pics:

K-Tibbs

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #87 on: October 25, 2013, 05:00:24 AM
@ Detron

wow dude ive been busy so all ive had time for is a quick browse.  you got yourself a great little tool there.  I love the compound leverage and can squeeze the heck outta those handles.  I also like the slanted plier head as it helps grasp things without having to be flush against the surface of what you are grasping.  great slim carry and with the lego system you can order parts from SOG or find them online.  pretty great finish on it too I think, and if yours came with the little sheath I found that to be very comfortable to carry. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #88 on: October 25, 2013, 05:16:09 AM
@ Detron

wow dude ive been busy so all ive had time for is a quick browse.  you got yourself a great little tool there.  I love the compound leverage and can squeeze the heck outta those handles.  I also like the slanted plier head as it helps grasp things without having to be flush against the surface of what you are grasping.  great slim carry and with the lego system you can order parts from SOG or find them online.  pretty great finish on it too I think, and if yours came with the little sheath I found that to be very comfortable to carry.

I'm assuming you're talking to me, Monrogue, there buddy :pok:  You must be really busy :rofl:  I do like this tool, and really like the smoothness to it.  The tools seem nice too, although I noticed the knife blade bends fairly easily compared to say, the PST blade, but I don't use my knives as prying tools, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I like the finish too, and the tools, while not locking, do snap in fairly tight, so that's good at least. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #89 on: October 25, 2013, 05:20:58 AM
Oh, and it did come with the nylon sheath with a plastic belt clip.  Seems like a nice sheath that would be good for carry, but I don't sheath carry anyway.  It's funny, I have a nice little collection of sheaths that I don't use.
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD