Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which is your most expensive flashlight? And how much did you give for it :D

N_N_R · 25 · 4460

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
I know there are insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanely expensive flashlights..... and I'm nowhere near being able to afford even moderately expensive ones..... But I wanna hear about your biggest sins  >:D

Which is your most expensive flashlight and how much did you pay for it? :D

Or you can also take it this way: which is the light you've invested the most so far (special batteries, mods [repairs?!], accessories, etc)

CONFESS  >:D >:D 

:D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
I do have a small titanium habit, so a couple of mine are pricey, but nowhere near the kind of money they go for at the upper end! :ahhh

I think my Jetbeam TC-R2 was well over $200, that's probably the naughtiest I've been >:D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Surefire L4, purchased back in 2005 for about $160.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I'm Scottish, I don't buy expensive, I buy value. ;)  Seriously, I've never spent that much on a torch, IIRC my Eagletac P10A was something like $55-60.  Can't remember spending more that that on a torch. :think:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
I don't tend to keep track of what stuff cost me most of the time, although I do know I've never spent serious money on a torch. As for how much I have actually spent, Chrissy would have a better chance of telling you, as whatever it is I probably bought it off her  :P

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
>:D

bg Offline N_N_R

Veeeeeeeeeeeeery modest, veeeeeeeeery modest :D :D What do you spend your money on if not flashlights ?! ?!

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
I have Mac's Customs 3300L which was $300-ish when it was stock. Then I got a custom tailcap, then had the optics drilled for trits and added 9 trits to it. Nevermind that the batteries are worth $60 a pair (32650's)

All up I'm into it for just over $500.

Still less than half of some high-end customs like the Spy007 ($1200) or the Tri-V ($2000)
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery modest, veeeeeeeeery modest :D :D What do you spend your money on if not flashlights ?! ?!

This year it's mainly been furniture and bills ... car seems to be a major culprit for robbing me of cash lately  :-\

I have Mac's Customs 3300L which was $300-ish when it was stock. Then I got a custom tailcap, then had the optics drilled for trits and added 9 trits to it. Nevermind that the batteries are worth $60 a pair (32650's)

All up I'm into it for just over $500.

Still less than half of some high-end customs like the Spy007 ($1200) or the Tri-V ($2000)

:o :o :o :o :o :o I bought a lovely brand new three seater leather reclining sofa, a leather reclining armchair, a standard armchair, AND a huge leather footstool for less than the price of a torch  :ahhh :ahhh

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

bg Offline kiak

My most expensive was Klarus XT11. Excelent light, but I don't need tactical, powerful modes and killing strob :) I sold it, and with the money bought a ticket for Bon Jovy concert :)
Now I use Fenix LD12 - not expensive, but not cheap (at least for me). Does the job very well.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

bg Offline N_N_R

:ahhh :ahhh  I wonder for how long I'd need to save if I wanted one of these, loool. And I thought nuphoria's light was expensive  :rofl:

This year it's mainly been furniture and bills ... car seems to be a major culprit for robbing me of cash lately  :-\

AAaargh... hate household expenses..... When I go pay bills or whatsoever, I just imagine how many and what flashlights I hand the lady there......... :X :D

My most expensive was Klarus XT11. Excelent light, but I don't need tactical, powerful modes and killing strob :) I sold it, and with the money bought a ticket for Bon Jovy concert :)
Now I use Fenix LD12 - not expensive, but not cheap (at least for me). Does the job very well.

I think Klarus are more expensivish in general, aren't they? I've looked once or twice at their lights, but the prices made me hesitate... although not long ago a forum member suggested a a Klarus light when I was hesitating if to buy a Fenix E25 and the price was normal.... hm.. I started thinking again, that's a bad sign :X

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
The most I ever spent was around $200 for my RA Clicky. Now if you add the shipping and insurance I paid twice to send the dam thing in to get to work correctly it's a little more.
"

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
I think the Quark tactical lego set would qualify. I originally bought the AAx2 for $59, and a couple eneloops to feed it, then got the AA tube for $20, then got a CR123 tube from Al (thanks again, btw :) ), then bought a couple AW RCR123s to feed it and a charger for LI-ion batteries. But it's one of my favorite flashlights so I can live with cost.

us Offline tattoosteve99

I bought a custom 3p body, triad tailcap, a special Kerberos triple drop in. Then had it cerakoted all the same color. So far I'm in $300 +
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
I bought a custom 3p body, triad tailcap, a special Kerberos triple drop in. Then had it cerakoted all the same color. So far I'm in $300 +

Sounds like a great setup :)
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

:ahhh :ahhh  I wonder for how long I'd need to save if I wanted one of these, loool. And I thought nuphoria's light was expensive  :rofl:

See, I told you mine wasn't crazy! :D

I've seen several lights go for over a grand, especially the limited run Ti stuff. It's a hugely collectable market. Personally I'm not too bothered about the rare stuff, just like what I can afford realistically :)

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Quark 4Sevens MiNi 123 Ti Number 49 from the first limited run they did...
Cost me £40 delivered, think they were closer to £60 everywhere else :D
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
I've still got one of those too :tu:

Great little lights except I had a very warm pocket when I accidentally turned it one once :ahhh

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
That would be my Zebralight SC80 and its a great light IMO :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Great little lights except I had a very warm pocket when I accidentally turned it one once :ahhh

I think you have a problem with all those Ti torches you collect...I can take them off your hands an see you on the straight and narrow again :whistle:

It's my favorite torch, I did have a Camo NiteCore which cost me more than this but I moved it on recently ::)

I would love one of the copper Maratac CR123's but I'm skint :-\
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
I'm with Gareth on this one... I look for the best value in a torch with the features and design that works best for me.  That said, most I've ever spent on a torch was probably the $90 total my SC60w cost me about three years ago.  Still one of my favorite pocketable/EDC-able torches.  Eventually though, I'd like to get an SC600w, and they top the scales at about $100 inclusive of shipping and the like.  An even higher priority on my list of lights is a larger and more powerful headlamp with more run time than the crop of 1xAA Zebras and Sparks I have right now.  I'm planning on getting one of Spark's new SX5-320nw headlamps as a work light for around the house and garage.  Probably won't get the optional battery pack that holds 4x18650, but with shipping and all I expect the purchase of an SX5 to be pushing $100. 
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

I think you have a problem with all those Ti torches you collect...I can take them off your hands an see you on the straight and narrow again :whistle:

It's my favorite torch, I did have a Camo NiteCore which cost me more than this but I moved it on recently ::)

I would love one of the copper Maratac CR123's but I'm skint :-\

You are very kind sir :cheers:

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
If you include headtorches my Petzl Pixa 2 was fairly expensive at £50 but with a bit of *cough* I got a 16.7% discount on it which helped.

It's worth every penny, I've accidentally thrown it quite a few meters on to concrete whilst twirling it round on its headband and you wouldn't know. Otherwise I seem to have spent most of my torch budget on Fenixes, of which about half has gone to a bloke called Nick never to be seen again :(

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
I didn't pay for it but I own a Surefire G2X Pro that goes for around $100.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

gb Offline Tofty

It's always worrying when you sit down and work out just how much has been spent on your hobbies and interests.

I think i'll have to split this question into three sections: Stock lights, Modified lights and Self builds.

Stock lights.
I think the most i've spent on a standard light is £250 ($380) for a Jetbeam TC-R2 which even i'll admit was far too much, nice titanium light though and the pineappled body is pleasant to fondle every now and again.

(The big one)

Modified lights.
Like tattoosteve99 my most expensive modded light is a P series surefire with a triple LED drop-in, coundn'd say exactly how much it all cost me but £200+ ($300+) is probably about right.

For a while i coundn't decide between the 6P or the Z2 bodies but eventually went for the 6P as the Z2's rubber grip rings kept interfering with the holster i'd bought.

Self builds.
This one is a toss up between my titanium dive torch and my silver light.
The silver one might have cost a little more for all the parts and materials but took very little effort to complete. The titanium torch might have taken as much as 50 hours to completely machine from bar stock so if i were to pay myself for the work might have cost as much as $1000.

Pictures of most of my work can be found on my Facebook Page.
Also have a look at my Shapeways Shop and SW Torch Shop for 3D printed items.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%