Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight - Review

us Offline BR101

Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight - Review
on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:20 PM

Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight Specifications:
Powered by 4 CR123A or 2 18650 batteries
164mm (Length) x 43.64mm (Diameter) x 51.5mm (Head)
256-gram weight (excluding batteries)
Dual button switch in the tail cap
Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum

Today I am reviewing the Fenix TK35 LED flashlight. I've had this flash light for about 4 months or so now. I wanted something with a bright setting and a low setting to keep in my Jeep. Since I've had such good luck with my Fenix PD20, I decided to try out the Fenix TK35. This thing is awesome!! It has a low setting of 12 lumens that will last 170 hours of use. And on Turbo mode you get a astounding 820 lumens which should be enough light power for just about anyones needs. I've used this light for tackling some wires under my dash and for spotting deer about 175-200 yards away from my Jeep. This thing throws a nice beam. In the box you'll receive the light, sheath, lanyard, and a owners manual.

*Link Removed*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:55:40 PM by nuphoria »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight - Review
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 12:54:34 PM
I love this light, but, no offense, there's not a lot of meat on the bone in the review, was hoping to see some more in depth analysis, maybe you can add to it here in the future so we dont have to look off site.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:58:51 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

se Offline Northern Geek

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:54:19 PM
I love this light, but, no offense, there's not a lot of meat on the bone in the review, was hoping to see some more in depth analysis, maybe you can add to it here in the future so we dont have to look off site.

I tend to agree here.. feels like a "cheap" way to direct traffic to your site. No offence meant but it still doesn't feel quite right.

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:03:05 PM

I tend to agree here.. feels like a "cheap" way to direct traffic to your site. No offence meant but it still doesn't feel quite right.
Sorry but I kinda agree here. I'm just getting into flashlights and saw this thinking 'cool, I'll have a read' but its a bit thin for someone who reviews stuff. Its also a bit rich to suggest clicking any ad banners on your site, particularly as its seems you don't even have a link back to the MTO :pok: I suggest this just saying, no offence intended, Jeff
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 10:50:52 PM
Sorry BR101, but I have to agree.

We as a community here throw in our views and experiences free of charge for the benefit of our friends here and other site users. We are also funding all these tool purchases with our own hard earned cash in very difficult times, and expect nothing in return for our in-depth reviews and responses to other peoples questions.

You appear to be trying to whet the appetite, divert us to your site where you then ask us to chuck you some money to pay for tools for you and in return for us buying you lots of shineys, we get the pleasure of you telling us less about them than what we would be told here in our very open and giving community.

Frankly I find it very distasteful, and I'm glad I wasn't the first to voice my opinions. I have been tempted to say something before, but I think if I had it would have been (believe it or not) less diplomatic that my comments here now. If you feel my comments are coming across a little strong, rest assured I am having to try really hard to temper what I type here right now, else my expressed opinions would be far stronger  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

se Offline Northern Geek

Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:20:48 AM
I think the worst problem is that most of your posts seem to go this way.

(well, at least from what I've seen.. I could be mistaken)

But you seem to post a part of a review and then always link to your own site.. basically just creating a free ad for your site. That's about as close to spam you can get while not techically spamming in my opinion.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
It's an old topic but i have to say that i agree with all the above.
I was really happy when i saw a review for a Fenix flashlight, but then realized that it was just
to direct traffic to your site. :td:
Old trick, and one that no one likes.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24