Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Man Bags

Teofilo · 119 · 25956

Poll

What Man-Bags Do You EDC?

Sling Bag
28 (15.6%)
Back Pack
79 (44.1%)
Belt Bag
8 (4.5%)
Clutch Bag
2 (1.1%)
Messenger Bag
54 (30.2%)
other bags
8 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Offline Crocker

Re: Man Bags
Reply #90 on: September 15, 2015, 06:41:28 PM
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=72339&cat=2,2260

Currently a Lee Valley shoulder bag. Not so expensive that I would worry about theft, not so inexpensive that I would worry about quality. Very durable, looks good, functions as intended, and Lee Valley has some cred.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #91 on: September 17, 2015, 04:24:11 PM
I have a repro German mountain pack I've used for the past 15 years - it's still holding up well although the PVC bottom is starting to crack.

The only gripe I have with it is that the side pockets are too small to accomodate a 58 pattern water bottle so.........

Now I am mostly using a BCB 25l nylon rucksack which has 3 decent sized side pockets - 2 water bottles (on a long day out) and a FAK. Sweet
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: September 21, 2015, 10:49:12 PM
My latest bag is a maxpedition Sitka s type , which suits me fine

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Weasel

us Offline Lbravo

• New User
Re: (Wo)Man Bags
Reply #93 on: October 10, 2015, 09:45:10 PM
Got in on a Kickstarter deal for NutSac. That's right, NutSac. It's a smallish Murse/Mag that more casual women can also get away with. Minimalistic. Two open pockets inside, full length zip inside, full length zip under flap. Messenger flap secured by strong magnets over the whole thing. Main bag with the two pockets also zips shut for security. My man saw mine, wanted one too! Made of brown, water resistant canvas. You can now see it on Amazon. Just search for NutSac. There are two different ways of closing flap - magnets (how do they work?) and a one handed buckle. Hubby opted for buckle. Really nifty.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #94 on: October 10, 2015, 09:57:47 PM
I went ahead and snatched up a deal on a Saddleback medium satchel on Ebay.  I only did it because I happened to see the exact bag I was looking for for a great price.  I didn't want one of their newer round satchels, as I don't like the design as much.  I wanted one of the older ones that stand up when you set them down.  I got mine in chestnut.  Brand spankin' new bag for about 30% off, once again. 

hr Offline styx

Reply #95 on: October 11, 2015, 10:35:11 AM
Saddleback makes great stuff, but I have a feeling they weigh a ton
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #96 on: October 11, 2015, 11:14:57 AM
Saddleback makes great stuff, but I have a feeling they weigh a ton

You know, they aren't light.  Pretty much every review you read will have a comment similar to: "Now the bag is pretty heavy, but that's just because it's made from quality materials" or "It is heavy, but you get used to it".  While both are true, a buyer needs to understand there is a ton of marketing built into Saddleback's MO, and you shouldn't fall into the trap just because the bags are   :drool:.  Most reviews are either done by a site that reviews gear or a new Saddleback customer that just unboxed their new bag and are probably completely wrapped up in the hype.  I can't stand unboxing reviews. 

The bags weigh a good amount, they are stiff when they are new, and they have next to zero organization.  That being said, I've carried my new medium briefcase for about a month now and I truly did get used to the weight.  It's an incredible looking bag and I love it more every day, but I also understand that the bag itself will not make me a world traveler, it won't make me a more interesting person, it's just a bag. 

My medium satchel works really great for lighter EDC.  Compared to the briefcase it's light as a feather, and I wear it for long stretches with no issues.  It lacks organization, and that kinda bugs me, but for what I use it for it's fine.  I really love the look of worn leather and these bags are both starting to get a small amount of character from me using them.  They aren't the end all when it comes to bags, but if you buy one you will see what I mean, they are pretty sweet.  Just be sure to REALLY consider the price and make sure it's what you want and that you'll use it, or your wife might just kill you!

hr Offline styx

Reply #97 on: October 11, 2015, 02:35:55 PM
Thankfully I do not have a wife to kill me. Yet, at least.

However you are right. I am slightly turned off by their larger offerings since weight adds up quick. A laptop, a bunch of papers, some unpredictable things and it becomes cumbersome.
Now I can't comment on the quality but with leather heavy tends to be good. Thicker, more resilient and it will surely have more character once it's worn in than any nylon bag on the market

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: October 13, 2015, 08:33:26 AM
 I don't need a bag for EDC as I keep everything stuffed in my pockets, LM sheath, and a small LoPro camera pouch on my belt. Wearing 3-4 dedicated pouches/holsters does make me look like Batman or a LEO to some but it works. I do regularly have a bag available.

My two bags that see the most use are a basic canvas rucksack style back pack that was offered by Craftsman in the '90s I bought 2 new in 96 and still have one in good condition. This is my primary though usually the main compartment is empty and I keep any extra EDC in the side pockets.

My other bag is even older it is a late 40s-early 50s army messenger bag of unknown origin. Interestingly this bag was NOS when I got it a few months ago, the buckles had never been done up and the punch slugs were still in the leather. Its about the size of a Webster's Encyclopedic dictionary, or just the right size for a 5in thick stack of files and documents. It has as a canvas shell with an leather liner both double stitched with a rubber cement bonding them together and waterproofing the compartment.

Both of these are "overflow" for if I need some extra stuff or am planning on having extras like bottled water or purchases to carry. In a pinch three packable backpacks/stuff-sacks live in my car and see regular use.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:40:54 AM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #99 on: October 13, 2015, 02:38:43 PM
I don't need a bag for EDC as I keep everything stuffed in my pockets, LM sheath, and a small LoPro camera pouch on my belt. Wearing 3-4 dedicated pouches/holsters does make me look like Batman or a LEO to some but it works. I do regularly have a bag available.

My two bags that see the most use are a basic canvas rucksack style back pack that was offered by Craftsman in the '90s I bought 2 new in 96 and still have one in good condition. This is my primary though usually the main compartment is empty and I keep any extra EDC in the side pockets.

My other bag is even older it is a late 40s-early 50s army messenger bag of unknown origin. Interestingly this bag was NOS when I got it a few months ago, the buckles had never been done up and the punch slugs were still in the leather. Its about the size of a Webster's Encyclopedic dictionary, or just the right size for a 5in thick stack of files and documents. It has as a canvas shell with an leather liner both double stitched with a rubber cement bonding them together and waterproofing the compartment.

Both of these are "overflow" for if I need some extra stuff or am planning on having extras like bottled water or purchases to carry. In a pinch three packable backpacks/stuff-sacks live in my car and see regular use.
No pics? :(
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: October 13, 2015, 05:52:47 PM
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: October 14, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
Here you go
20151013_164559.jpg
* 20151013_164559.jpg (Filesize: 277.38 KB)
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #102 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:46 AM
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Pacu

Reply #103 on: October 31, 2015, 01:45:44 AM
Maxpedition has a falcon 3 out now. Now it comes down to a rush 24 or falcon 2 or 3.  I'm all sling bagged out after getting the Malaga, Jumbo, 5.11 Moab 10 and  Maxped Fatboy. I have a  5.11 Rush 72 that is a bit big for just average day stuff.

Gotta say that Malaga was a solid purchase. It's my favourite bag so far.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #104 on: October 31, 2015, 08:08:06 AM
I just picked up a Maxped jumbo in the new Wolf Gray color.  Awesome look.  I'm gonna get some neon green paracord for the zipper pulls and handle wrap.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #105 on: October 31, 2015, 04:44:31 PM
I just picked up a Maxped jumbo in the new Wolf Gray color.  Awesome look.  I'm gonna get some neon green paracord for the zipper pulls and handle wrap.
Now that sounds cool, you should get the glow tips they would sooo match!
JR

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #106 on: October 31, 2015, 08:44:03 PM
Now that sounds cool, you should get the glow tips they would sooo match!
JR
:tu:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #107 on: October 31, 2015, 09:34:33 PM

:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #108 on: November 01, 2015, 02:19:35 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

:D
Ditto!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #109 on: November 01, 2015, 06:06:46 AM
Backpack.

Will take a picture of mine in the morning since it is still out in my truck from being out in the field.

hr Offline styx

Reply #110 on: November 01, 2015, 11:31:47 AM
Has anyone tried out Nutsac company?

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #111 on: November 01, 2015, 01:23:53 PM

Ok I've stppoed laughing now, but no I haven't and I'm too scared to google them  :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: November 01, 2015, 01:50:57 PM
http://nutsacbags.com/ :)

(Top hit on DuckDuckGo, at least. :) )

hr Offline styx

Reply #113 on: November 01, 2015, 05:15:03 PM
probably should have linked to their site too

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #114 on: November 01, 2015, 05:31:17 PM

Ok I've stppoed laughing now, but no I haven't and I'm too scared to google them  :rofl:

I'm always looking for another good bag to carry to work. Unfortunately, I don't think people at work would get tired of saying, "How's your nutsac?" :rofl:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #115 on: November 01, 2015, 06:10:57 PM

I'm always looking for another good bag to carry to work. Unfortunately, I don't think people at work would get tired of saying, "How's your nutsac?" :rofl:

:rofl:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #116 on: November 01, 2015, 06:16:36 PM

What's worse, that or "under the butt nut hut"? :whistle:
JR

hr Offline styx

Reply #117 on: November 01, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
I'd actually carry it just for the name. But then again I can be a bit of a showoff with those kinds of questions

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:36 PM
I'd actually carry it just for the name. But then again I can be a bit of a showoff with those kinds of questions

I could see the guy in your MTO avatar pic enjoying that :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD