Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Something for the Al Mar 4x4 collector (eBay) finishing soon

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Re: Something for the Al Mar 4x4 collector (eBay) finishing soon
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:48:50 PM
 :( :cry: :cry:.

One day I will land one  :dd: :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:56:29 PM

Go get it Maffoo  :P :D :D The kids don't really want Christmas pressies anyway  :whistle:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:01:34 PM
I guess it depends on how much you want to pay for one. 

I was surprised how many are/were around for sale (based on google results including past sales on eBay), I thought the 4x4 and Quickclip would be much rarer.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, so I'm not likely to get one unless I stumble across one that no one else has noticed.

Maybe we need some kind of "Hands-off, I saw it first so it's mine" sub-forum so that MTO members aren't bidding against each other and causing the price to be higher than it needs to be.  Of course the obvious problem is getting people to be honest about just how much they are willing to pay to feed their urgent addiction  >:D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:24 PM
I guess it depends on how much you want to pay for one. 

I was surprised how many are/were around for sale (based on google results including past sales on eBay), I thought the 4x4 and Quickclip would be much rarer.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, so I'm not likely to get one unless I stumble across one that no one else has noticed.

Maybe we need some kind of "Hands-off, I saw it first so it's mine" sub-forum so that MTO members aren't bidding against each other and causing the price to be higher than it needs to be.  Of course the obvious problem is getting people to be honest about just how much they are willing to pay to feed their urgent addiction  >:D

The less obvious problem is people being honest with themselves on the same question >:D

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:34:44 PM

Go get it Maffoo  :P :D :D The kids don't really want Christmas pressies anyway  :whistle:

I made a play for it  ;) , it had been in my sights for some time  :D.
I got a nice bit of over time last pay  ;) :D

I could not bring my self to go as hard as the other players though  :( :(

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:39:16 PM
They are a lovely looking bit of kit  :tu: Not so convinced about the practicalities of the Philips driver though, otherwise I'd probably be crazy enough to carry one (if bought at the right price)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:20 AM
The standard Al Mar 4x4's are rare enough, but those Valade engraved models....whew, scarce as rocking horse poo for sure! :o
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:48:53 PM

The same seller has listed another one (the previous one sold for $US 220.00), so they obviously had at least two (possibly more ?)

I'm thinking seriously about having a crack at it as the valade versions don't seem to come on the market very often.   :gimme:

Edit:  Well I've bid on it, now I have to wait 9 1/2 days to see of anyone wanted to pay more for it than me  :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:26:16 PM by gregozedobe »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58:38 PM
I'm with you on the phillips Al as got a copy All mare/toolclip and the phillips as pretty much near useless to use,but that is a secure mt  :drool:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 06:51:32 PM
The standard Al Mar 4x4's are rare enough, but those Valade engraved models....whew, scarce as rocking horse poo for sure! :o

Bob's back! Welcome back Bob, we've missed you. :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 06:58:23 PM
I'm with you on the phillips Al as got a copy Al mar/toolclip and the phillips as pretty much near useless to use,but that is a secure mt  :drool:

:think: yet again my tablet changes all my words  :think: must stick to my pc for typing stuff  :rofl:  hold on i think MTO changed my words  :think: lets type s e x y again sexy MT   :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:15 PM
ok its my tablet  :rofl:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:20 AM

Bob's back! (Image removed from quote.) Welcome back Bob, we've missed you. :D

Not as much as I missed you guys! :D  Thanks :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 06:11:17 PM

The same seller has listed another one (the previous one sold for $US 220.00), so they obviously had at least two (possibly more ?)

I'm thinking seriously about having a crack at it as the valade versions don't seem to come on the market very often.   :gimme:

Edit:  Well I've bid on it, now I have to wait 9 1/2 days to see of anyone wanted to pay more for it than me  :whistle:

Well, after a few days eBay (not the seller) withdrew the 4x4 valade.  I asked the seller what was going on, but they didn't reply.  They still have other knives on offer, so eBay hasn't totally closed them down.  Seems a bit odd to me  ???

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 10:53:52 PM
I know it's a old topic, but here is another one, but the seller doesn't send outside the  United States. >:(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-MAR-AMK-4-X-4-MULTI-FUNCTION-UTILITY-KNIFE-EARLY-PAT-PENDING-ORG-SHEATH-/111004026115?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item19d85b0503

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:27 PM
I know it's a old topic, but here is another one, but the seller doesn't send outside the  United States. >:(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-MAR-AMK-4-X-4-MULTI-FUNCTION-UTILITY-KNIFE-EARLY-PAT-PENDING-ORG-SHEATH-/111004026115?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item19d85b0503

Yikes, those things just keep getting expensiver and expensiver :o

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:49:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Mario.  Unless I see a real bargain, I think I'll hold off in the hope of finding one of those rare valade versions.  So if this particular one appeals to anyone, get in there and bid, don't leave it for me.

Bob,
These Al Mar 4x4's have been selling for over $160.00 for a while now (sometimes more than $200).  There is even one chancer asking for around $400 buy-it-now.  They started at $450.00 but didn't get any takers, so have been slowly reducing the price.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 04:03:29 AM
Yep, I'm just remembering back a couple years when the going rate was $100-$120

au Offline gregozedobe

If anyone is looking for an Al Mar 4x4 Toolmate, here is one on ebay (seller is nothing to do with me, I already have one so won't be bidding on this one):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-DISCONTINUED-ORIGINAL-AL-MAR-4x4-TOOL-MATE-MULTI-TOOL-8001-LEATHER-SHEATH-/121113734352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c32f0ecd0

Currently $46.00, but expect to pay around 3-4 times that (or possibly more) if you want to win it  :o

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:29 PM
Yikes, those things just keep getting expensiver and expensiver :o

They sure do !!!
Ebay: "Almar AL Mar 4x4 tool mate multi purpose tool new never used very rare"
Starting bid:US $235.00, Buy it now: $325.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Almar-AL-Mar-4x4-tool-mate-multi-purpose-tool-new-never-used-very-rare-/350807047247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51adbabc4f

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 05:29:55 PM
And here's another 4x4 for B-I-N $325.00 (but at least this is a first production run one: 085/200 )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Al-Mar-8001-4X4-TOOL-MATE-Rare-Knife-Collection-PRE-PRODUCTION-PP-Multi-/111100205272?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item19de1698d8

edit:  Or if you prfere a Quickclip rather than a 4x4, how about this one for B-I-N $450.00 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-MAR-QUICKSILVER-Quick-Clip-IV-Model-Japan-2004-Limited-Folding-Knife-Tool-/121128247450?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1c33ce609a

Both prices are more than I am willing to pay for a non-valade version (and I'm not sure I'd pay that much even for a nice 4x4 valade)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:33:24 PM by gregozedobe »

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 01:53:36 PM
Another Al Mar 4x4 on the bay of fleas, this one is B-I-N $215.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-MAR-4X4-COMBAT-CAMPING-POCKET-FOLDING-KNIFE-SUPER-TOOL-8001-/200941787661?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item2ec9105a0d

The usual disclaimer: this sale is nothing to do with me, I can't vouch for the seller , caveat emptor etc etc ....

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 03:41:04 PM
A nice beveled edge, patent pending Al Mar 4x4 on the bay of fleas, this one is an auction, with the current bid at $160 and 3 1/2 days to go (finishing Aug 11, 2013 19:00:40 PDT)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Al-Mar-Multi-tool-Knife-SS-Early-1990s-pat-pend-stamp-leather-sheath-/200949819724?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item2ec98ae94c

The usual disclaimer: this sale is nothing to do with me, I can't vouch for the seller , caveat emptor etc etc ....

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 12:00:19 PM
here's another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130995841804?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

current bid $150.00  ( plus $21.00 for shipping from Japan to the US)

1 day to go (ends Sep 23, 2013 05:23:33 PDT)

The usual disclaimer: I have no connection with the seller, cannot vouch for them etc etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:01:50 PM by gregozedobe »

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 05:43:32 PM
necrothread revival:

Here's a rare(r) one - first run 029/200 4x4 for those with deep pockets (starting bid $350):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261535149058

The usual caveats:  I have no connection with the seller, cannot vouch for them, do your own research etc etc

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 07:08:33 PM
That a beauty!  Ouch at the price.  Hope they get that for it.  Always nice to see the price go up on collectibles.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%