Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Trying too keep uk legal but (AWL ?)

Zed · 35 · 4826

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Trying too keep uk legal but (AWL ?)
Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:56 PM
How do you rate the UKPK?

Really like it, lts lightweight and very smooth,still looks a bit lethal so not sure where you would stand,but it is under 3inch and doesn't lock, plus even I can sharpen it  :D

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:03 PM
It's funny. I look at the UKPK and think "that looks nasty and pointy and dangerous", but it's legal. I look at the Spirit, Rebar, Wave etc and thing "that looks useful, tool-like and non threatening" but it's illegal.

Assuming I got a policeman in a good mood I think I could probably get my Wave through, I have quite clearly spent a lot of time and effort improving it's ability as a tool, but it's certainly not a given. What is a valid reason for carrying something? If I take my Wave, it's been used for countless things that I wasn't expecting to use it for but I'd struggle to articulate that if I was stopped.

"Well yes sir, it's a very useful tool. I'm known as a bit of a Mr Fix It and this is my go to thingy. I've used it for all sorts, like fixing candle sticks in church to helping a guy that crashed in to the central reservation and couldn't drive his car away." "But why are you carrying it *right now*?" "Well, just in case something like that crops up" "Oh really..."

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 04:18:59 PM
Why worry about the awl , if they want to be Smurfs , the saw is a " bladed article " too .

Chris

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 08:46:38 PM
Why worry about the awl , if they want to be Smurfs , the saw is a " bladed article " too .

Chris

it's the corkscrew you want to watch    ::)

scotland Offline xt60043f

Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 11:05:10 PM
Yeah.  I do not know what it is but there is something about the UK that means if I am at any time left unattended, outside, around other people with something pointy I just have to stab them.  ::)

In all seriousness I understand the point of these laws is to give the police the power to disarm neds on sight without them actually committing any kind of criminal offense.  While this kind of broad power would be a good idea in the hands of sane cops.  However our forces do seem to attract some real nuggets.  That is not to say all police are nuggets.  I believe at least 1/3 of them believe in making our communities a safer, better place.  I support these officers in every conceivable way.  But the fact is there are too many bad apples giving people criminal records for nothing.

The Leatherman crunch.  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%