Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10812 · 580462

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #1860 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:45 AM
I used the pruner blade on my Rogue as a sort of toothpick, and it worked well enough.  I just have to be careful ;)  I guess that helps with the lack of scale tools, but no alternative for tweezers on the Rogue.  If it had the pliers, that would help.  That's part of why I want to combine my Mechaneer and Rogue.

Everything after the smiley face seems to be written in some strange language. What are you trying to say?

Pliers to pull a tooth? Next time lets try English.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #1861 on: December 18, 2014, 04:31:59 AM
I used the pruner blade on my Rogue as a sort of toothpick, and it worked well enough.  I just have to be careful ;)  I guess that helps with the lack of scale tools, but no alternative for tweezers on the Rogue.  If it had the pliers, that would help.  That's part of why I want to combine my Mechaneer and Rogue.

Everything after the smiley face seems to be written in some strange language. What are you trying to say?

Haha, no, pliers to act as tweezers, albeit much beefier ones.  If you can pull a tooth with SAK tweezers, then you got some skills I'd say ;) 
K-Tibbs

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1862 on: December 18, 2014, 04:36:25 AM

Haha, no, pliers to act as tweezers, albeit much beefier ones.  If you can pull a tooth with SAK tweezers, then you got some skills I'd say ;)

Ah ok I see.

Been doing some thinking on the T&T situation and think I will go with the Rambler on the keyring answer.

That way I can do wood or Alox and not have to worry about no toothpick which is my fave of the T&T combo.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #1863 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:43 AM

Ah ok I see.

Been doing some thinking on the T&T situation and think I will go with the Rambler on the keyring answer.

That way I can do wood or Alox and not have to worry about no toothpick which is my fave of the T&T combo.

Yeah, I've thought about carrying my Classic with my alox SAKs.  Only issue there is that the straight pin is only available in the 91mm size, and that's something that has proven useful (more for my wife than me though).  It's a never ending conundrum for me, but that's partially due to my analytical and indecisive natures, which is a bad combo for this ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1864 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:43 AM

Ah ok I see.

Yeah, I've thought about carrying my Classic with my alox SAKs.  Only issue there is that the straight pin is only available in the 91mm size, and that's something that has proven useful (more for my wife than me though).  It's a never ending conundrum for me, but that's partially due to my analytical and indecisive natures, which is a bad combo for this ;)

Half the fun of this is over thinking combos.

Really straight pin? I can not think of a time where I was like oh noes I forgot my straight pin?!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1865 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:37 AM
I had to open a package, other then that I didn't do much all day.
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #1866 on: December 18, 2014, 05:12:10 AM

Ah ok I see.

Really straight pin? I can not think of a time where I was like oh noes I forgot my straight pin?!

I agree that it's fun to think about these things, and I do it a lot.  As for the pin, I myself haven't had much need for it, but it has come in handy once in a while, and my wife has had more use for it than I.  I just like having these things on me in case me or someone else needs them.  My wife has come to rely on me having them as she uses them more than I (the scale tools).  That's my main issue with alox, other than not coming stock with scissors. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1867 on: December 18, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

Ah ok I see.

I agree that it's fun to think about these things, and I do it a lot.  As for the pin, I myself haven't had much need for it, but it has come in handy once in a while, and my wife has had more use for it than I.  I just like having these things on me in case me or someone else needs them.  My wife has come to rely on me having them as she uses them more than I (the scale tools).  That's my main issue with alox, other than not coming stock with scissors.

Scale tools I get, thats why I will carry the Rambler but what do you guys use the pin for?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #1868 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:47 AM
My wife has used it a few times for various tasks, and I can't really say what exactly because I usually just give her the pin and go about my business.  I'm trying to think what I've used it for, but I can't really think of anything.  I know it would be good for cleaning out spray nozzles though, and things of that nature.  I just like having these types of items in my SAK, just in case...which is pretty much the point :think:
K-Tibbs

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1869 on: December 18, 2014, 06:10:20 AM
Pun intended?

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #1870 on: December 18, 2014, 06:10:56 AM
My wife has used it a few times for various tasks, and I can't really say what exactly because I usually just give her the pin and go about my business.  I'm trying to think what I've used it for, but I can't really think of anything.  I know it would be good for cleaning out spray nozzles though, and things of that nature.  I just like having these types of items in my SAK, just in case...which is pretty much the point :think:

Kitchen faucet aerator! :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #1871 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:42 AM
Got a rock stuck in the tread of my tire and it was making a weird noise. Jumped out and used the Zebralight to light the way and the Wenger to get the rock out.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1872 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:30 AM
Got a rock stuck in the tread of my tire and it was making a weird noise. Jumped out and used the Zebralight to light the way and the Wenger to get the rock out.  :tu:

But it is Thursday?!  :think:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #1873 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:24 AM
K-Tibbs

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1874 on: December 18, 2014, 06:36:31 AM

I'm not following........

Never mind..... lol

I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1875 on: December 18, 2014, 06:45:39 AM

Never mind..... lol

:facepalm:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1876 on: December 18, 2014, 06:56:06 AM

Never mind..... lol

Wait a minute. It is Wednesday.  :twak:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1877 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:41 AM

Never mind..... lol

Nope I just double checked it is Thursday morning, 10:32 AM

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1878 on: December 18, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

Never mind..... lol

Were talking USA time here.  :twak: :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #1879 on: December 18, 2014, 07:11:29 AM

Never mind..... lol

Were talking USA time here.  :twak: :D

It does not get more Murica then the US Army in Afghanistan. True story.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #1880 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:04 AM
My finger! Forgot I was playing with a Pioneer and opened the awl. When it snapped into position it bit me  :-\

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #1881 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:29 AM
My Deluxe Tinker in action....the awl help me to install my friend's license plate, then the small screwdriver on the can opener help me to open a screw when replacing my fan.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:13:23 AM by classicrock »
-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1882 on: December 18, 2014, 01:17:40 PM
Don't you love that, your going down the road at 45mph and all you hear is tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip, for like 40min, drives you freaking NUTS!!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #1883 on: December 18, 2014, 05:18:43 PM
Don't you love that, your going down the road at 45mph and all you hear is tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip, for like 40min, drives you freaking NUTS!!
JR
I usually hear more and odder noises than that! ;)

:b2t:

I used the main blade on my Super Tinker to cut and butter a few tea biscuits!  :drool:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1884 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:53 PM
JR

I used the main blade on my Super Tinker to cut and butter a few tea biscuits!  :drool:

That's why most cars have radios these days... Turn volume up loud enough to remove all strange noises.

:tu: :tu:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:34:24 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #1885 on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:13 PM
JR

That's why most cars have radios these days... Turn volume up loud enough to remove all strange noises.

:tu: :tu:
And I installed a subwoofer to mask the clunks and bangs!  :tu:

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #1886 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:54 PM
Used my custom Alox to help fix my dads dryer :sak: ahh ahh
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1887 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:05 PM
JR

Exactly! It seems to happen at least once a week to me.  :rant:
I'm the milk man!

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #1888 on: December 18, 2014, 09:35:01 PM
My  :climber: helped me hanging up a LED Christmas Light chain. Now I know that a 91mm Scissor has the perfect length to cut electrical tape.  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1889 on: December 18, 2014, 09:46:41 PM
I used the Pharmber to open a Xmas card I got today, very beautiful! :D
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%