Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10807 · 577176

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #4200 on: February 20, 2017, 09:59:37 AM
No pics, but my Pioneer helped to cut up some roast beef and potatoes at dinner tonight.  My 15 year old looked over at me using the SAK to cut my dinner and laughed and said, "Really?"

They get a kick out of me using my various knives at dinner and in the kitchen.

LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #4201 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:18 PM
Made dinner with a Solo.

Watched MacGyver during cooking.
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4202 on: February 20, 2017, 12:24:30 PM

Made dinner with a Solo.

Watched MacGyver during cooking.

:tu:

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #4203 on: February 22, 2017, 07:49:24 PM
 First ever attempt at making a dead fall trap. I need alot of improvement before I ever do it for real.
IMG_20170222_102150.jpg
* IMG_20170222_102150.jpg (Filesize: 184.79 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4204 on: February 22, 2017, 07:53:22 PM
First ever attempt at making a dead fall trap. I need alot of improvement before I ever do it for real.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #4205 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:14 PM
Hook in action

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

00 Offline WolfyW

Reply #4206 on: February 24, 2017, 05:07:50 AM
What timing ! Over a long period of time I read every page of this thread. And just as I started reading the last page I hear my teenage son complaining to my wife that he has a double knot in his jogging pants. The Tinker is with me. I hollered for my better half to grab the Huntsman in our room and try the corkscrew. She gave up too quick. Handed it to me. That was one small/tight knot, but it's all good now.  :woohoo:
My first corkscrew un-knotting.
Any day now, an Explorer is arriving. Philips and corkscrew harmony !  :D
"The older I get, the better I was".

it Offline Mini

Reply #4207 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:43 AM
Combo tool help me to keep open the keychain ring to insert another key.

IMG_20170301_111716.jpg
* IMG_20170301_111716.jpg (Filesize: 78.28 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #4208 on: March 01, 2017, 01:01:54 PM
Preparing the last remnant of the winter's crop of sprouts, with my +B Carver SW.
DSC04670-carver-and-sprouts-1.jpg
* DSC04670-carver-and-sprouts-1.jpg (Filesize: 257.89 KB)
DSC04671-carver-and-sprouts-2.jpg
* DSC04671-carver-and-sprouts-2.jpg (Filesize: 303.11 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4209 on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
some handy work for birdfeeding

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4210 on: March 01, 2017, 06:53:03 PM
Nice!

it Offline Mini

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4212 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:24 AM
Just used my SI to open a pack of peanut butter crackers...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4213 on: March 02, 2017, 10:21:57 PM
Used my SI to open a pack of suspension clips while waiting on my son's bus...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4214 on: March 02, 2017, 11:05:12 PM
Pioneer-x :D broke its virginity, had to open a box :whistle:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline 4everYoung

What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #4215 on: March 03, 2017, 12:24:25 AM
Used the rambler to remove and adjust a light switch today. It was a little small for the task but completed the job either way.  Was pretty impressed with the little guy

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:25:41 AM by 4everYoung »

it Offline Mini

Reply #4216 on: March 03, 2017, 12:35:06 AM
Rambler is a jewel  :like:

us Offline The Lone Wanderer

• High Octane Gasoline
Reply #4217 on: March 04, 2017, 04:20:12 AM
The caplifter is getting a workout tonight opening beverages tonight.
Last of the V8 Interceptors

00 Offline WolfyW

Reply #4218 on: March 04, 2017, 04:36:43 AM
Ummmm.... Brown beans !

IMG_20170303_222732.jpg
* IMG_20170303_222732.jpg (Filesize: 214.52 KB)
"The older I get, the better I was".

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4219 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:58 AM
Got back home in KY from my trip up to IN (where I'm from...) and decided to do some hose work.

We have an old hose reel I decided to use on lower back patio for now.  We don't have grass yet here at the new house and the patio had mud all over it. Will eventually get a new hose and reel, but this worked for now!

Had to use the ol' SI to cut and R&R some hose clamps.

And the view out the back. Will be much nicer once they put the sod down and get some landscaping done!

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #4220 on: March 06, 2017, 09:18:53 AM

Not my SAK, but I cleaned it for my brother.
The day I got my first SAK he got his first.

I think it's a Spartan Cellidor Economy. It's seen heavy use. It was all crusty from sand and salt. None of the tools snapped anymore. The can and bottle opener had to be forced closed  :(
Gave it a 'bacta treatment' (ultrasonic cleaner) and I sharpened the blades. The small blade couldn't cut a pudding if I wanted to.
Afterwards a few drops of Vic oil and the Spartan was ready for it's next adventure.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4221 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:35 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Not my SAK, but I cleaned it for my brother.
The day I got my first SAK he got his first.

I think it's a Spartan Cellidor Economy. It's seen heavy use. It was all crusty from sand and salt. None of the tools snapped anymore. The can and bottle opener had to be forced closed  :(
Gave it a 'bacta treatment' (ultrasonic cleaner) and I sharpened the blades. The small blade couldn't cut a pudding if I wanted to.
Afterwards a few drops of Vic oil and the Spartan was ready for it's next adventure.
That is a thing of beauty!  A SAK actually used as was meant, not a shelf or drawer queen.

I'm only a month into it, but that is my intention for my SI...I hope it holds up as well!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:44:15 AM by zrxoa1 »

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #4222 on: March 06, 2017, 10:26:42 AM
That is a thing for beauty!  A SAK actually used as was meant, not a shelf or drawer queen.

I'm only a month into it, but that is my intention for my SI...I hope it holds up as well!

Thanks!
And I have no doubts your SI will serve you well.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4223 on: March 06, 2017, 10:56:23 AM
That is a thing for beauty!  A SAK actually used as was meant, not a shelf or drawer queen.

Thanks!
I hope so!  I used to carry a Leatherman every where I went. For many years it was a PST, then later a Gen 1 Wave.

When I first stumbled across MT.O I had the PST, the Wave and a Super Tool 200.

Didn't take long and I had acquired a loooong list of Leatherman tools and a few SAKs.

Then one day I realized I had been carrying one of my many Leatherman tools on my belt for many months, and in my newer job, I really had no use for one. Use of the knife and occasionally a screwdriver blade. It seemed alot of work for the return, so I stopped carrying the multitools and began carrying one of my 2 Kershaw knives (Clash and Whirlwind).

I was good with those but did miss the screwdriver blades at times.  Then an incident occurred at work that had me worried about carrying such an "aggressive" looking knife, and I was loving the look of ALOX Saks so I ordered up the SI and retired the knives.

Since getting the Wenger at start of February, it has happily been in my pocket all but 2 days.  I picked up a black Pioneer because I do like black better, but the bail on the SI just looks so much better (to me...) that the Pioneer was retired back to the drawer (soon to go on my wife's keyring...) and the SI and I have been inseparable ever since.

It is not threatening to others if I whip it out at work and it has been able to help me accomplish every task I have asked of it.  I see a long life together...

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4224 on: March 06, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

Thanks!
I hope so!  I used to carry a Leatherman every where I went. For many years it was a PST, then later a Gen 1 Wave.

Didn't take long and I had acquired a loooong list of Leatherman tools and a few SAKs.

Then one day I realized I had been carrying one of my many Leatherman tools on my belt for many months, and in my newer job, I really had no use for one. Use of the knife and occasionally a screwdriver blade. It seemed alot of work for the return, so I stopped carrying the multitools and began carrying one of my 2 Kershaw knives (Clash and Whirlwind).

I was good with those but did miss the screwdriver blades at times.  Then an incident occurred at work that had me worried about carrying such an "aggressive" looking knife, and I was loving the look of ALOX Saks so I ordered up the SI and retired the knives.

Since getting the Wenger at start of February, it has happily been in my pocket all but 2 days.  I picked up a black Pioneer because I do like black better, but the bail on the SI just looks so much better (to me...) that the Pioneer was retired back to the drawer (soon to go on my wife's keyring...) and the SI and I have been inseparable ever since.

It is not threatening to others if I whip it out at work and it has been able to help me accomplish every task I have asked of it.  I see a long life together...

Nice story mate  :tu:

And i totally agree with the non threatening look of a sak, especially up to 91mm ones.
I personally never actually been "into" knives (especially tactical stuff with a weapon kind of look) or probably even proper multitools for that matter (even though they can me very handy too).

I am and always will be a Sak lover. I'll carry a knife or multi tool if i need it for a specific job that requires one but only for that peruse, not because i'm actually into owning or carrying those as an enjoyment.

On the other hand i've always enjoyed carrying and using sak's because me and everybody else see's it as a usefull tool and not as a possible weapon  ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:51:26 AM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4225 on: March 06, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

Thanks!

Nice story mate  :tu:

And i totally agree with the non threatening look of a sak, especially up to 91mm ones.
I personally never actually been "into" knives (especially tactical stuff with a weapon kind of look) or probably even proper multitools for that matter (even though they can me very handy too).

I am and always will be a Sak lover. I'll carry a knife or multi tool if i need it for a specific job that requires one but only for that peruse, not because i'm actually into owning or carrying those as an enjoyment.

On the other hand i've always enjoyed carrying and using sak's because me and everybody else see's it as a usefull tool and not as a possible weapon  ;)

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #4226 on: March 08, 2017, 12:36:50 AM
No functioning normal can opener at present so Wenger 78 SI to the rescue.
Andrew

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #4227 on: March 08, 2017, 01:01:35 AM
Last night, I used one of my soldiers to fix a VCR

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning