Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG WEST MARINE Performance Sailing Multi-Tool (sale 20$ off Nov 13th to 26th)

Offline coastalchris

I was in West Marine the other day getting some things and in their holiday savings brochure this was featured.  It is regulary 69.99 on sale to 49.99 from Nov13th to 26th.  It is a West Marine exclusive item

Obviously this is Sailor/boat specialty item, that is not my question

Can someone help me identify if this is a modified powerlock/powerassist or just a cheap sog produced in store item.   I am wondering if I will get the quality of a powerlock but with tools designed for my needs.. or a cheap knock off tool with SOGs name on it?

It is called the WEST MARINE Performance Sailing Multi-Tool
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=11001591&langId=-1&searchKeyword=Performance+sailing+multi-tool#.UJwxQ4bAHvY

"Includes rigging essentials like a partially serrated blade, marlin spike and wrench for making adjustments on the fly or cutting line. With patented Compound Leverage?, the exclusive interlocking gear design of the Sailor's pliers results in double the squeezing power of conventional designs. A pleasure to use, handles have shields that close over the recessed components for a firm, comfortable grip. Components lock in place to prevent accidental closures and finger cuts. The hex bolt construction permits easy component changes, cleaning and adjustment. Also includes wire cutter and crimper, flat screwdrivers, Phillips screwdriver, three-sided file, bottle opener, rulers, lanyard loop and a nylon pouch. Constructed of durable stainless steel.

Blade/Tool Material: Stainless steel
    Handle Material/Finish: Stainless steel
    Closed: 4.7"L
    Open: 7.1"L
    Weight: 9.6oz.
    Warranty: One year"

Sog Sailor Multi-Pro Tool.jpg
* Sog Sailor Multi-Pro Tool.jpg (Filesize: 12.53 KB)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:38:21 PM by coastalchris »

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Have a read here :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

Offline coastalchris

Thanks.  Good info.  Anyone have any personal experience with this tool.  If so, how has it held up?

Offline Balldboy

Bought 1...thanx.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Seems as nice as my other sog tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30