Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

We are a spoiled bunch

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
We are a spoiled bunch
on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:37 AM
I recently joined a cigar forum and noticed that the layout of the site wasn't very good and did a little research of other forums. It is epidemic that many forums aren't laid out very well.

Very special thanks to Grant an Whoey and all of the mods on here and all the members that make MTO the place to be. Very nice layout that just makes so much sense to me. Anyone else discover this or is it just me? Post your thoughts and kudos here.

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:28:57 AM
We are spoiled in so many ways here.  Maybe it's just me but I've had some really bad experiences with either difficult moderators/site owners or disrespectful users. 

What we have here is somewhat unique, a respectful arena where the masses are listened to and our opinions matter.  We have a community here that is constantly getting better.
:)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:36 AM
I have been on several different forums, many I no longer bother with, others I rarely go on because of trouble makers (and sometimes the mods are the worst offenders), this one is THE BEST I've come across, great people, very little fuss, every one is welcoming and go out of their way to help newbies like me, the mods have a very light touch, heaps and heaps of useful and/or interesting information.  It's all good  :D

Pats on the back all round, folks  :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :2tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:51 PM
This is definatly one of THE BEST sites out there,  :clap: Thanks Grant and Whoey !!!

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:21 PM
Yep the layout of this forum is nice and easy to navigate :salute:
Another I spend a lot of time on is http://www.britishblades.com and this is also nice and easy to navigate ;)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:56 PM
Every forum owner has an idea of how a forum "should" be run.  The challenge is to find a forum with a topic that interests you and is laid out a way that appeals to you.  There are probably folks who are used to the other forums that hate it here- in fact I can think of a few.  We've also caught some flak over being too laid back (I believe the term "pothead forum" was used as a comparison) and we have suffered a bit as conflict and controversy generate responses and help a forum grow.  We've stayed relatively small as we try to keep things calm and non confrontational.  Rather than let the Vic hardcores and Leatherman fanboys duke it out over rust and slippery drivers we'd rather each side presents their thoughts in a civilized manner, allow eachother to try them all out and come to a conclusion based on the facts rather than just draw lines in the sand and hurl insults at eachother over the internet.

Sadly the forum would be a lot bigger and more popular if we did, but that's just not our style.  I'm glad everyone here is comfortable with the way we conduct ourselves, but I'm not sure we can condemn other forums for the way they are run- to each their own!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:03 PM
Somtimes small is beautiful, and I believe many of the positive attributes here are due to the social intimacy of our members. We're not a huge sprawling mob, breaking into factions and cliques, but almost an online family. Yeah, we have our little tiffs and spats occasionally, but that's just natural. If we were bigger we would risk losing much of what makes this place so great in my opinion.

What I do love to see is how infectious that goodwill is due to the intimacy. Occasionally you'll see a new guy come along, and I think to myself it looks like we've got one of the neanderthals in from one of the other drum bashing forums, then after a while they get it ... they let their shoulders relax, stop beating their particular drum and they get into the spirit of things here. At that point we have a new family member to take the piss out of  >:D :D :D :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 02:19:07 PM
"too" laid back?? Is that possible? You can never be too laid back :D

Make love not war  :drink:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:29:35 PM
"too" laid back?? Is that possible? You can never be too laid back :D

Make love not war  :drink:
Good to see you again.. :cheers:

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:40 PM
Yeah, you too! Haven't had much time lately. Busy with work, bought a house, worked on the house  :ahhh 

I know, not a good excuse but for what it is worth, I haven't cheating with other forums  ;) This will be the place to go for me  :tu:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 05:18:39 PM
Yeah, you too! Haven't had much time lately. Busy with work, bought a house, worked on the house  :ahhh 

I know, not a good excuse but for what it is worth, I haven't cheating with other forums  ;) This will be the place to go for me  :tu:
That's good news buddy.. :tu: So what multitools do you use around the house.. :pok: :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 06:35:39 PM
Figures the guy from Holland says there's no such thing as being laid back!   :whistle:

Good to see you are still kicking buddy.  I know the house problems all too well myself.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 09:43:52 PM
This is a great site Terry and the mods make a huge difference as on some sites there like little hitlers and bullies but ours are great guys and gals ,plus i agree on the layout  :tu:

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:29 PM
The mods here are spot on. I use another forum where there is only one mod, the owner, and he's not always around. Most of the time it runs fine, but last week there was an thread that got well out of hand, lots of nasty things were said, members upset and some left the forum. Made me think about how well run other forums are.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 10:58:19 PM
Def definitely runs a tight ship here.  He is, afterall, the head turd polisher.  But never were there a finer Boss to have than him.  Cheers to MTO, Def and all the Mods for keeping this place in order  :cheers:
SAW

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:05 PM
It's been a very friendly place, indeed!

I often find myself holding back and not being sure to post something or not just because of my bitter experience from some of our forums where moderators act like some guards of God knows what and where you have a long list of DONOTs ..

:cheers:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 05:56:30 PM
I hear what you're saying NNR, and have felt that myself elsewhere.

The nice thing about the rules here is that are simple, and pretty laid back.
Avoid politics, religion and any any kind of offensive stuff and you're mostly ok ;)

It's mostly about common decency towards others really.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 07:34:58 PM

Avoid politics, religion and any any kind of offensive stuff and you're mostly ok ;)

And a lot of common sense................ I've not been on many forums lately that have so many members with this much common sense.............. well, for the most part  :tu:

Terry

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Re: Re: We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:13 AM
Rather than let the Vic hardcores and Leatherman fanboys duke it out over rust and slippery drivers we'd rather each side presents their thoughts in a civilized manner, allow eachother to try them all out and come to a conclusion based on the facts rather than just draw lines in the sand and hurl insults at eachother over the internet.

Now you've done it.
Commence the flame war!
Don't bring a Sak to a knife fight )>:D

Sent from my GT-I9100

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 11:37:44 PM

And a lot of common sense................ I've not been on many forums lately that have so many members with this much common sense.............. well, for the most part  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)

Terry,thats coz your not talking to the spouses,partners and bank managers of the forumites ;)
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:22 PM

Terry,thats coz your not talking to the spouses,partners and bank managers of the forumites ;)

Yeah, never thought of that John.....................

Terry

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:02 AM
Yep, nice forum here. I don't get to use MT's like I used too when I worked construction, but I still pop in here on occasion, mostly because its fun.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:17 AM
I've been bringing nothing to the table here for a good while.. ::)

even reddit can't keep me away from here..and i love me some reddit  :facepalm:

This place is like comfort food but in digital format.

:salute: :salute: :salute:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:04 AM

This place is like comfort food but in digital format.

That's a good way of putting it.  :tu:  This is the only forum I currently belong to.  When I first joined up I wasn't sure what to expect, being a noob when it came to SAKs and multis.  Everyone here is great though, I've learned a lot along the way, contributed what I can, and have made a number of genuine friends here.  :salute:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 11:49:33 AM
Figures the guy from Holland says there's no such thing as being laid back!   :whistle:

Good to see you are still kicking buddy.  I know the house problems all too well myself.

Def

I knew that remark was going to bite me in the ...s knowing our reputation abroad  :D

The thing about owning a house, I've noticed, it is never done! But used my Wave a lot with all kinds of things and it was a great excuse to buy more tools I want ahum, need! That is always nice.

And as soon the finish of all the work is in sight, the GF decides it is maybe a good time to think about kids  :facepalm:

Love using my Wave around the house, not much use for it making babies  :think:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:56 PM

Love using my Wave around the house, not much use for it making babies  :think:

Funny that you should say that......... :D
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 09:12:48 PM
Making baby whats? :ahhh :o
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

no Offline Grathr

Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 09:33:17 PM
The wave sure will come in handy after the baby is born. Assembling all kinds of new furniture for the baby, scraping of dried food in the most unbelievable places, repairing toys and so on. 
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

ca Offline wndrstrck

• Leatherman, GEC, SOG, Parker
Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 10:17:47 PM
This is a personal thank you from me to all of you, the members of MTO. The moment I discovered this forum I knew I had discovered something special. It took only a couple of days of reading posts and reviews to know this was the place for me. Everyone is so helpful, knowledgeable, respectful, humorous.....I could go on but you get the point. I love MTO and I haven't been a member for a month :D

"To be prepared is half the victory" Miguel de Cervantes

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:48 PM
Not a bad average considering you've already won a prize!  :D

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%