Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

We are a spoiled bunch

ca Offline wndrstrck

• Leatherman, GEC, SOG, Parker
Re: We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:28 PM
Not a bad average considering you've already won a prize!  :D

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

How does that phrase go, "That's just icing on the cake my friend"  :D
"To be prepared is half the victory" Miguel de Cervantes

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:37 PM
I've only been around this site for 3-4 weeks now I believe.  I must say though, that I have enjoyed it thoroughly so far.  Everything seems well organized and there are many different forums/topics going that make me eager to come here and check daily. 

Also, the many members here are very friendly and there never really seems to be any serious in-fighting amongst us, and that makes a huge difference.  Granted, I've only been around less than a month, but I've been made to feel welcome just as if I've been here much longer.  Gotta say I appreciate that and I look forward to a long time membership here :salute: :cheers:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
^ That's always a good thing to hear :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:46 PM
^ That's always a good thing to hear :cheers:

It's always nice to experience as well :tu:  I've been on other non-multitool related sites and see so much bickering and profanity and arguing that it gets old and it's hard to really participate in such an environment.  Here it seems like you're all a big, happy multitool/SAK family and I like it 8) :cheers:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 10:36:24 PM
^ Word!

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:15 PM
I'm a member of several other forums that are fairly organized and friendly. I'm also a member of a few that are the total opposite, unorganized and the people there just suck. The one in particular I belong to allows profanity, nudity and anything offensive. It's also moderated by the members, not a mod team like we have here. I don't frequently use that one though. I love how we have it here!¡! If we disagree, it's usually not disrespectful or rude :think: I'm sure it's happened in the past or behind the scenes but not that I've noticed since joining in September :think:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 11:47:57 PM
We are all about disagreements.  I encourage them.  Often I make Devil's Advocate type posts, disagreeing with people just for the fun of it.  Long time members will see where I'm going with this- I'm about to bust out my favorite made up word, so strap in kiddies!

When everyone agrees (or has to agree on something) and any dissenting opinions are shouted down (or worse) then the place no longer is a "forum" and becomes an "againstum." 

That's not how we work it here, and that's why this forum appeals to some folks.  Others however don't like this forum, preferring the way other forums are set up.  That's not good, it's not bad, it's just the way things are, and the reason there are so many different forums out there. 

The secret is to find a forum that covers a topic you are interested in, in a way that appeals to you. Or, in my case, start your own!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 11:55:00 PM
We are all about disagreements.  I encourage them.  Often I make Devil's Advocate type posts, disagreeing with people just for the fun of it.  Long time members will see where I'm going with this- I'm about to bust out my favorite made up word, so strap in kiddies!

When everyone agrees (or has to agree on something) and any dissenting opinions are shouted down (or worse) then the place no longer is a "forum" and becomes an "againstum." 

That's not how we work it here, and that's why this forum appeals to some folks.  Others however don't like this forum, preferring the way other forums are set up.  That's not good, it's not bad, it's just the way things are, and the reason there are so many different forums out there. 

The secret is to find a forum that covers a topic you are interested in, in a way that appeals to you. Or, in my case, start your own!  :P

Def

I like that term :againstum." I don't, however, like the result :td:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11:31 AM
I like it too- it sums up the concept nicely!  :D

Besides, if everyone agrees on the one thing that works and craps on everything else, then they miss out on an awful lot- both the possibility of better ways of accomplishing goals or ways to refine something and make it better.

Evolution has bred countless different organisms that all basically do the same thing- born, live, consume, reproduce, die.  How boring would the world be if we only had one organism that did all of that?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 12:13:31 AM
Very dull indeed....

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 12:17:16 AM
That organism would either be something like a plant or a hybrid plant/cannibal (or very, very primitive, but that would be even more boring), I would guess some kind of hybrid, since cannibalism would be an excellent way of securing resources.

Sorry, nerded out for a moment there. :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 01:13:45 AM
Nerding out is perfectly ok on a forum where the only real human analogue smiley is Capt Picard...  :facepalm:

Def

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:40 AM
I haven't bothered to read the entire thread, but I just want to add my voice in saying that MT.O is the best internet forum I've ever found.  Thanks to Def and all the guys who work hard to make it a great place to be, and all the great members we have who give help, advice, encouragement, and all other kinds of support and camaraderie to the rest of us.

:multi:
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 05:27:12 AM
I haven't bothered to read the entire thread, but I just want to add my voice in saying that MT.O is the best internet forum I've ever found.  Thanks to Def and all the guys who work hard to make it a great place to be, and all the great members we have who give help, advice, encouragement, and all other kinds of support and camaraderie to the rest of us.

:multi:

My sentiments exactly  :salute: :cheers:
K-Tibbs

us Offline TMFKAMJ

• Uh... I'm back to look around
We are a spoiled bunch
Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 03:32:27 PM
I've been bringing nothing to the table here for a good while.. ::)

even reddit can't keep me away from here..and i love me some reddit  :facepalm:

This place is like comfort food but in digital format.

:salute: :salute: :salute:
Do you subscribe to /r/knives?

Sent from my own private Idaho
hi

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62