Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bike Pump

us Offline MeadMaker

Bike Pump
on: May 02, 2013, 03:12:40 PM
On my old bikes I always had a rack and trunk on the back of the bike, but I am trying to keep things neater and less cluttered on my new bike.  I have not installed a rack and my tool kit is contained in a Cage Rocket container and a very small Jandd seat pack.

After experiencing a couple of flats I realize that a CO2 inflator does not fill the tires to 120 psi.  So I'm looking for a pump to carry on the bike that will get the job done, be compact and easy to carry.

What bike pumps have you found to be good candidates?
Tick Magnet

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Re: Bike Pump
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:28:31 PM
I have the Topeak Road Morph Pump w/ gauge. I have it zip tied to the left seat stay. The CO2 only inflates to roughly 90psi and yes I carry both.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:35:45 PM
I've got a beta mini pump on both my bikes,there double action and pretty quick on high pressure tires, the gauge is very handy as well,I use a track pump at home, :tu:
Pump-BETO-CMP008-2.jpg
* Pump-BETO-CMP008-2.jpg (Filesize: 23.58 KB)

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
I have the Topeak Road Morph Pump w/ gauge. I have it zip tied to the left seat stay. The CO2 only inflates to roughly 90psi and yes I carry both.
+1 on the Road Morph!  I've had one for about three years now, and though I don't have to use it that often (I swear by Conti "Top" tires, with the kevlar reinforcement), it's the best bike pump I've ever used in nearly 30 years of cycling.  And believe me, I've tried a LOT of them...

I also don't use CO2 carts... I'm against putting more greenhouse stuff into the atmosphere.  I've read that the contents of one of them puts as much CO2 into the air as driving 50 mi. or something like that... not sure how accurate that is, but one reason I ride my bike is to be environmental, so I'm not going to use CO2 carts.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:15:19 PM
I was looking at the Mountain Morph online last night - anyone used one? Probably not much different to the Road Morph I suspect. I'm leaning towards it as I like how it has a hose instead of connecting directly to the valve (and I like my Topeak multitool).

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 06:51:26 PM
I've got a beta mini pump on both my bikes,there double action and pretty quick on high pressure tires, the gauge is very handy as well,I use a track pump at home, :tu:

I have one that looks identical to that but is a different brand.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
Its a good little pump and handle my road bikes hi pressure tyres well,on my mtb i carry a old style pump in my camelback  :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:44:34 AM
Are we talking about the Mountain Morph? Cos I necroed the smurf outta this thread...

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 05:22:11 PM

I have a portable pump attached to my frame that I cant remember the name of. In the garage, I use a floor pump that the former bike shop I used had as their shop use floor pump. 6 years later, it is bulletproof.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 05:36:43 PM
Yeah at home I've got a couple of track pumps as these mins are good in a emergency but way better to use a full size pump at home  :tu:

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:57 PM
Even better to use the 7.5HP workshop compressor  :whistle:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:58 AM
Topeak pumps are 30% off for a few days here... now should I get the Mountain Morph or the Peakini II for half the price?  :think:  doesn't have a hose like the Mountain Morph does and I do like hose.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%