Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I have the bug & it is bitting hard

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
I have the bug & it is bitting hard
on: April 21, 2008, 06:18:10 PM
Hi there my name is Mat & I live in Adelaide Australia. My good wife bought me a Surge gift pack for my birthday & now I am hooked (the watch is broken though). 2nd multi Gerber suspension (son's like but iam not sure),3rd multi PST original very nice, 4th Skeletool ( very cool but I would like a full sized one) ,5th squirt p4 ( so tiny, bit youngest son's finger when he closed it , very funny , after that he kindly put it away with the other "iron men" as he calls them). Coming X3 micras from ebay 1 for me, 1 for wife & 1 for dad. Looking for nice sideclip and original Mini. Wanting but not sure if I can justify a CX Skeletool. I have bought all my muti's from ebay , I hate to think what my wife paid for the Surge , my local shop is selling Skeletools for $200aus , bought my skeletool via ebay store for $70aus delivered. So there is my confession is there a cure to Leatherman fever?

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: I have the bug & it is bitting hard
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:39:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, theres quite a few aussie's here now, so you should have someone to talk to once we pomms are in bed :D

Yep the bug has bitten you pretty deep, fortunatly there is a cure...it's called Victorinox  :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:03:44 PM by micky d »
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:03:04 PM
Welcome Matt!!  :o  (makes sure shoes are clean)

I luv that "iron men!" that's great :D

yeah Aussie bro, try a Swisstool! but very nice collection going there sir! :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:51:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt!  Sounds like you are one of us now, but I'd suggest checking out our banner advertises before your next trip to eBay.  They all ship internationally.

Good luck finding the MiniTool and the SideClip- they are getting scarce in good condition, and fetching hefty prices.  Also, if you don't like the SKeletool much, I doubt you'll be a big fan of either of those as the SideClip doesn't have any additional functionality, and the Mini has significantly less.  We have review of both posted on the main site here at Multitool.org:

SideClip:
http://www.multitool.org/leatherman-tool-group/medium-tools/leatherman-sideclip.html

MiniTool:
http://www.multitool.org/leatherman-tool-group/keychain-tools/leatherman-minitool.html

Stick around here too- you never know when members are going to put up something interest for private sale or trade here!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:14:34 PM
LONG LIVE THE MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome
S

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 08:17:33 PM
and a warm welcome to the forum Mat! The only remedy for that is to get the whole range of Leatherman tools.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:26:14 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 03:23:19 AM
Howdy Mat!  :multi:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:38:36 AM
Hello multimat, no cure for leatherman fever you can only manage it. Watch out for Victorinox and wenger fever, I heard you can catch it here. :sak:
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:45:52 PM
Hi there my name is Mat & I live in Adelaide Australia. My good wife bought me a Surge gift pack for my birthday & now I am hooked (the watch is broken though). 2nd multi Gerber suspension (son's like but iam not sure),3rd multi PST original very nice, 4th Skeletool ( very cool but I would like a full sized one) ,5th squirt p4 ( so tiny, bit youngest son's finger when he closed it , very funny , after that he kindly put it away with the other "iron men" as he calls them). Coming X3 micras from ebay 1 for me, 1 for wife & 1 for dad. Looking for nice sideclip and original Mini. Wanting but not sure if I can justify a CX Skeletool. I have bought all my muti's from ebay , I hate to think what my wife paid for the Surge , my local shop is selling Skeletools for $200aus , bought my skeletool via ebay store for $70aus delivered. So there is my confession is there a cure to Leatherman fever?

Welcome to MTO! ~ Better Nate than Lever, right?  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 09:56:53 PM
I miss Mat. :( NJ and Australia, the smurf children of the Empire tended to think alike.......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 04:34:33 AM
I miss Mat too.  He was indeed one of the best of us.

I hope he has the chance to come by again some time, even just to say hi.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 04:01:43 PM
I was still new then myself. There were several of us that joined about the same time and Mat was def a big part of this place for a good long while :cheers:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 04:00:54 AM
Last I heard (quite a while back) Mat was fine, but some life issues (IIRC family member with health problems) meant he wasn't able to spend time on MTo.  He was a good guy and I miss him too.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 04:14:47 AM
Last I heard (quite a while back) Mat was fine, but some life issues (IIRC family member with health problems) meant he wasn't able to spend time on MTo.  He was a good guy and I miss him too.

Well that is something anyways, glad to hear it, hope the family member is OK as well :cheers: Thanks for the update Gregozedobe :salute:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:21 PM
Mat was a huge contributor to the success of MTO.  He really embodied the spirit of the site.  I really miss him a lot and I hope things are going great for him, wherever he is.

Def

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 10:03:49 PM
I miss him as well. Hope he is doing fantastic wherever and whatever he is up to.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 05:22:45 AM
Unfortunately as this place gets older, more of us will start to disappear.

I can remember a thread a LOONNGGGGGG time ago on Garage Journal where members family or members themselves could update what happened or where they are now. It was nice to know how they were doing and such. That site is much larger but it would be cool to have an outreach update program.

It might be hard to accept some reaching though. As far as deciding whether or not it's okay to bother them.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 09:01:22 PM
I got a message after the last Newsletter from a member's wife who asked me to remove them from the mailing list since he'd passed away last year.

I also added him to the In Memoriam group, which is a group I'd really rather not expand on if we can help it.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%