Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fake Swiss Army knife report list

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: Fake Swiss Army knife report list
Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 05:01:44 AM
Reporting these knives to ebay doesn't seem to get them taken down.  >:(

Ebay does not give a rats.

That is sad.  I wish the would do something
If I can help, let me know 

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:33 AM
Reporting these knives to ebay doesn't seem to get them taken down.  >:(

Ebay does not give a rats.

That is sad.  I wish the would do something

I have had a few successes with getting listings removed.  The main thing seems to be that it has to be claiming to be something that it's not.
If it's just a SAK-a-like and says "Swiss Army type knife" eBay won't pull the listing. But if it is an obvious Chinese knockoff claiming to be "Genuine Victorinox" they will remove it.

If you report something that is an infringement of the Victorinox name or logo trademarks and eBay does nothing, report the listing to Victorinox, I'm sure they would be interested and will contact eBay themselves.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 04:42:01 PM

I have had a few successes with getting listings removed.  The main thing seems to be that it has to be claiming to be something that it's not.
If it's just a SAK-a-like and says "Swiss Army type knife" eBay won't pull the listing. But if it is an obvious Chinese knockoff claiming to be "Genuine Victorinox" they will remove it.

If you report something that is an infringement of the Victorinox name or logo trademarks and eBay does nothing, report the listing to Victorinox, I'm sure they would be interested and will contact eBay themselves.
Yes, eBay will remove listings that are blatantly obvious but sometimes the sellers are tricky enough to NOT use the Victorinox name or their label. If so then its perfectly legal for them to sell it. I have noticed more and more fake sellers using photos with the Victorinox label or shield in it but not the name so it makes it harder for eBay to decide if they should remove it or not. I always give them the proper motivation to do so. When reporting it is important to mention if it is a photo that shows the fake claim or if it has word description claiming it is genuine Victorinox.

Please report these even if it stays up. It shows our solidarity with Victorinox as buyers and maybe eBay will eventually get their act together and ban these fake sellers all together.  :salute: :salute:

Ever notice any fake Wengers?  :pok: I have not. :shrug:

us Offline Saluki

Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 05:37:24 PM
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this listing or not since this knife is a Victorinox.  However, it is a fraudulent listing in my opinion, so this seemed like a logical place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Soldier-Alox-Swiss-Army-Knife-HD-Metal-Ribbed-Scales-/300932707699?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item4610fcb573

This seller has been trying to sell this used, engraved Pioneer as a Soldier for months now.  I contacted him a couple of months ago and explained that he is selling a Pioneer, not a Soldier, and that he should correct his listing.  He continues to re-list this over and over as a Soldier.  This same seller has sold several other discontinued SAK's, and he seems to know exactly what they are, so in my opinion this is not an honest mistake on his part.

I reported this to eBay today.  It might be good for others to either contact the seller or report this listing as well.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 06:45:03 PM
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this listing or not since this knife is a Victorinox.  However, it is a fraudulent listing in my opinion, so this seemed like a logical place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Soldier-Alox-Swiss-Army-Knife-HD-Metal-Ribbed-Scales-/300932707699?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item4610fcb573

This seller has been trying to sell this used, engraved Pioneer as a Soldier for months now.  I contacted him a couple of months ago and explained that he is selling a Pioneer, not a Soldier, and that he should correct his listing.  He continues to re-list this over and over as a Soldier.  This same seller has sold several other discontinued SAK's, and he seems to know exactly what they are, so in my opinion this is not an honest mistake on his part.

I reported this to eBay today.  It might be good for others to either contact the seller or report this listing as well.

I did the same thing with this auction, and showed it some pages behind in the "Crazy"  tread. The seller keep trying to sell it knowing is posted with the wrong model name. :rant: that was about 3 month ago.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:50:11 PM by Blade runner »

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 07:03:04 PM
I can certainly appreciate your wanting this description changed but it really does not fall under the fake or counterfeit heading. Ebay does not usually get involved unless it is some kind of obvious trickery intending to defraud someone. The seller could always claim he or she did not know the name of it, just that it looked like a Soldier model.  :twak:

I am sure we have all seen the disclaimers before that many sellers use that say " We are not experts or We do not know what this is, or other similar sayings intending to claim innocence regarding its identity. I know a few sellers who actually use the "Unknown" word in the auction title to draw attention to the auction, and it works!  :pok:

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:21 AM
On this one the seller is honest:  "Swiss style, Not Swiss brand".  It is the maker who is cheating, copying the famous Victorinox shield as well as the tools.
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 07:20:10 AM
Apart from the price, the seller location seems rather suspicious as well: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, China  :facepalm:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 10:01:08 AM
But it has this:

Timer
Thermometer °C/°F

Wow :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 12:06:11 PM
Has to be for this price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Red-Swiss-Champ-91mm-3-58in-Multi-Tool-in-Clam-56501-/121156597612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c357ef76c

The picture appears to be that of a genuine Victorinox but I'd be worried that the product you receive may not match that picture.
The price and the fact that it ships from China makes me a little concerned, personally I wouldn't risk it.

If you look at the dx.com SAKs listed as "Genuine Victorinox" you see that they just aren't as cheap as this one on the Ebay listing.
Here's a genuine Huntsman for $30: http://dx.com/p/genuine-victorinox-huntsman-swiss-army-multi-tool-knife-56996
This price from Deal Extreme isn't much different to the Amazon price (though DX do give you worldwide free shipping which makes it cheaper for those of us not in the USA) and the Swiss Champ on Amazon costs $63.  If I could buy a genuine Swiss Champ for $22 + $4 shipping (like the Ebay auction claims) then I'd buy it - but I can't see that being the case, colour me sceptical.
On Amazon the Swiss Champ sells for 2x the price of the Huntsman and a price around $60 should be about what you would expect, any price under $50 starts looking a bit suspect and $22 is well under half the cheapest price I'd expect to see for a genuine Swiss Champ.

If it looks too good to be true then it probably is.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 01:04:42 PM
We discussed that one a few days ago in the deals and auctions subforum.

http://forum.multitool.or...ex.php/topic,46563.0.html

The problem here is that I don't believe we can report it as being a fake unless one of us buys it an confirms. :doh: And then only the one person that bought it can report it. The price and location are indicators that it is most certainly fake, but as we only see the stock Victorinox pictures and description in the listing, we can only speculate that it's a fake but eBay won't take our word for it.  :-\

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57:55 PM
Also, why on earth would anyone sell a genuine Swisschamp that cheap? A brand new one?
Does not compute  :think:

Even if they got it for free they would easily find out the going price...
"Hoarder of weirdness,

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 06:57:25 AM
Also, why on earth would anyone sell a genuine Swisschamp that cheap? A brand new one?
Does not compute  :think:

Even if they got it for free they would easily find out the going price...

It wouldn't be hard to move that product at 2x the price they are asking, that is a big part of why it is very suspicious.  I would be so surprise if they weren't fake.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 06:59:29 AM
And then only the one person that bought it can report it.

They say they have more than 10 and the Ebay listing shows 5 are sold.
The big problem is whether the buyers would be able to tell that they have been sold fakes.

• No Life Club

Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 04:30:55 PM
Not a Champ and not Swiss - has the double-cross printed shield of like Colonial or somebody, cheap rustable steel...

Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 04:42:19 PM
Apart from the price, the seller location seems rather suspicious as well: Rio Rancho, New Mexico, China  :facepalm:
"made of Swiss stainless steel parts and assembled in china"
Why do I not believe this? Maybe they are claiming that they buy steel from Switzerland to make their parts out of. 
The photo of a SwissChamp in blisterpack is surely not the item one will receive for $22.  Or are they counterfeiting the packaging too?

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #50 on: September 21, 2013, 01:07:25 PM
"made of Swiss stainless steel parts and assembled in china"
Why do I not believe this? Maybe they are claiming that they buy steel from Switzerland to make their parts out of. 
The photo of a SwissChamp in blisterpack is surely not the item one will receive for $22.  Or are they counterfeiting the packaging too?

Good point!

What I was trying to say though... Last time I checked Rio Rancho, New Mexico was in the US of A,  not China :D
"Hoarder of weirdness,

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #53 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:46 PM
Clearly not a knockoff, it does not even exist in the Victorinox line-up.
It is blatant name and brand theft, lawsuit material me thinks.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #54 on: October 09, 2013, 08:18:42 PM
Wonder if the lighter works? >:D

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:33 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swiss-Army-Knife-12-Multi-Tool-Army-Pocket-Knife-Survival-Bug-Out-Gear-/171146667036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d922e41c

Ok that's the stupidest fake I've seen in a long time... Apart from the Vic shield, that has nothing that looks even remotely like Victorinox... :rant:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 01:42:02 AM
Mistake
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:43:34 AM by GigaHz »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 01:24:50 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171172371604

Fake, beat up and still overcharging for it. ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%