Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LED LENSER F1 - 7th Anniversary Giveaway

enki_ck · 77 · 10412

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
LED LENSER F1 - 7th Anniversary Giveaway
on: July 01, 2013, 08:14:41 PM
Leatherman also gave us a couple of flashlights to give away. :D

You can visit their site at www.leatherman.com and the LEDLENSER sites at  www.ledlenser.com and www.zweibrueder.com

You can win a new LED LENSER F1 400 lumens flashlight. :ahhh

Here are some specs:

LED                 Xtreme Power LED
 Length             88 mm
 Weight             69 g
 Luminous flux   400 lm
 Batteries          Lithium CR123
 Energy tank      3,9 Wh
 Burning life      120 Min*
 Beam range      100 m*

And some pictures and the official video of the LED LENSER F1. :tu:

So what do you have to do to win it? Just post a pic of your favorite full sized flashlight and tell us why it is your favorite. Or if you don't have access to a camera (cell phone pic would do es well) we'll accept a good write up, not just one sentence on why you like it so much. It doesn't have to be a brand name flashlight. A dollar store flashlight you've been using for ages and is enough for you can be awesome too. :D Well at least until you win this one and see just how awesome a flashlight can be. :whistle:

This giveaway is open to all members worldwide as long as it's legal for you to own a flashlight. :rofl: So yes, open to everybody. :woohoo:

EDIT: Entries till the 7th of July, 20h CET (server time). I'll make a list of all the entries on Sunday and draw the winner using random.org.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:07:59 PM by enki_ck »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: LED LENSER F1 - 7th Anniversary Giveaway
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:18:55 PM
Dang, flashlights were just made illegal here so I'm out....

:D

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:22:05 PM
Oh bugger,don't think I've got any pictures of my Lensers mounted on gun or bike :think:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:05 PM
Thank you for the Giveaway Leatherman and MT.org. Sorry my favorite light is a Fenix. For now!  :D

My current favorite full sized flashlight is the Fenix E21. The first reasons I like the E21 so much is that it is a good size for my hand. The thickness with the length works for me. It's not perfect, but I like it. Next is the brightness of the light. It's 170 Lumens which is very bright out of a small package IMO. I know there are much brighter, but it works for me. I also love the throw of the beam. It has great throw and lights the way very well. Lastly I use my E21 every day for walking the dog, light while grilling, checking weird noises, ect.... I think it's my favorite because I always have it ready to use.  :tu:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:01:41 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:17:05 PM
I do have a nice flashlight I like to use at home, but it is at home and I'm not, so pics later ;)  I think it's a Garret or something like that. 
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:48 PM
I have a few torches (I don't have a problem, I can control it!). But I always come back to my old lights.

These were made in Cardiff, Wales by a firm called Concordia. The design was made to be safe in the coal mines. Press button light comes on, hold for on, release for off. Press button light comes on and screw the lock down for staying on. Unscrew for off! Simple design that still works today.

You may have spotted the one facing camera has an LED fitted. I couldn't help modding one of them  :D

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:51:54 PM

That's my Fenix LD10. I bought my first Fenix (LD01) after my AA MiniMag died, and I loved it enough that I replaced it with an LD10 when it got stolen, then I replaced that LD10 with this LD10 when the first one got stolen. What do I like about it? It's small and light but produces loads of light with a decent throw and a plenty close range spill. It also runs from one AA battery, and you find AA batteries everywhere. My Fenixes have spent a lot of time running on 1/4 spent batteries out of radio mics, you put fresh batteries in for each new show and there's nothing really wrong with the old ones but they need changing. Being able to run from those meant running costs were effectively zero and it would get a lot of life out of them.

Mods: That manky looking white bit at the tail end serves two purposes. 1) when it's dark, it's easier to find if there's something light. 2) it's quite a few layers of gaffer tape to provide something slightly softer for me to bite down on to when I'm using it hands free. Yes, it's a bit nasty but it's better than raw metal :D I've got quite dexterous with my mouth and I can aim it in most directions!

What's it better than? Well the only one I'm really qualified to compare it to is the incandescent AA Mini Mag. It is miles better than that. Built better, works better, has suffered through more and hasn't fallen apart on me. What don't I like? Too many modes. I want low, medium and high. I don't need epilepsy mode (it's painful!), I don't need SOS mode and I don't need a second high that's basically the same as turbo in reality.

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:42 AM

Here is my favorite light. It is a mini maglite AA LED. I'm going to replace it soon with a silver one. What is more classic but still cool 8) as a maglite?

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:31:45 AM
Dang, flashlights were just made illegal here so I'm out....

:D

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Even though these are now illegal here, here's mine.  :P

This massive camo Maglite is my favorite as it resides in my Jeep, so if anything were to happen at night, I'd have lots of light, or if we were attacked by a bear in the woods, I could beat it senseless with it!  :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:15:12 AM
Here's mine.  It is a Garrity.  Nothing special really.  Got it at Rite Aid a few years ago and it has served me well.  It came with a blue and a red lens that can be attached.  Also came with a sheath that holds the 2 lenses in a side pocket.  It also has a lanyard.  Not a bad package for what I paid.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1372731229485.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372731229485.jpg (Filesize: 50.28 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1372731237832.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372731237832.jpg (Filesize: 32.44 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1372731246291.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372731246291.jpg (Filesize: 32.42 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1372731304226.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372731304226.jpg (Filesize: 73.64 KB)
K-Tibbs

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:06 AM

http://www.tank007store.com/tank007-e09-hot-sale-led-flashlight-for-promotion-gift-cree-led-flashlight-led-torch-keychain-led-flashlight-black-color/

I have spoken about the Tank007 E09 many times, but here we go again.

It is usually on me, being a keychain torch, and produces more light than most regular larger torches (120Lm maximum, 3 settings). I have used it many times, even as an emergency bike light. Even when I go abroad I only take this as it gives lots of light and can be carried in your pocket all the time.

It is also good to know that it can run on any AAA size batteries you put in it, Li-Ions, alkaline, NiMh, NiCd etc. so you get the power of Li-Ions but in any emergency you can use regular batteries, if needed.
I have given several as presents and have all proven to be robust. Definitely not the best finished torch but prety good overall.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Offline k12cop

Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:37:28 AM
Fenix E21 was my first "real" flashlight and was my duty light for years...now it is the main floor, dog-walking light...loaded with eneloops its always ready to go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1372743439542.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372743439542.jpg (Filesize: 45.29 KB)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:02:48 AM
My Favorite "flashlight" or torch here in Oz is a DX.com/eBay/AliExpress cheapie that I believe is THE best bang for buck you can get.
I have 4 of these, two single mode ones that were $5.something each incl postage and a couple of 3 mode ones. Hi/Lo/Strobe that were a little over $7 each.
They will run on a single AA and provide a (very) surprising light output, but feed them on 14500 LiON cells and look out! They just about have recoil!!
With a zoomable head they do everything better than my trusty old halogen bulbed 3xD cell Maglite and will fit in your pocket (or purse).
I have them in my bag, in the car, on my Ducati and usually one in my pocket.
The only thing the 3xD Maglite would do better is be a club, so now it lives under my pillow.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:35 AM
my Leatherman Serac S2 has been my EDC light for a few years now, and I think I'm going to cry when it finally stops working.  :cry:  I know there are newer, fancier lights out there, but I love the simple UI and the hi/low settings on this light.  It has been a great companion for me, and has helped me out too many times to count.   I have a couple CR123 lights that I use for camping, but I love the AAA size for EDC, and my S2 loves the lithium batteries that I recently switched to.  :D

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:18:10 AM by Breezy12 »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 01:55:39 PM
4Sevens Quark AA² Turbo. This guy comes with me everywhere.

I have it set to moonlight and max. Moonlight is great for use during the night with the kids and max will get the job done anywhere anytime.

With my Fenix LD20, you have to click and release for the light to come on. But with the Quark you can get momentary light by a gentle press before the click activates. Being able to use a light in silence without a giveaway click is awesome.

The size and knurling give good grip. It sits better in the hand than some of my thinner torches. The pocket clip works well and also acts as a roll stop.

The main reason why I carry this light though is reliability. It has worked without fail for years now. No having to tap, bash or coax it to life. That is why I love this torch.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:14 PM
My Surefire E2D Defender. I have been carrying this lite for years and has never let me down yet. It has been in the mud, rain, sleet, snow, underwater etc. Its has helped me change  tires at night and has been a lifesaver during blackouts. Its been on many camping trips, under the hood of cars, trucks and tractors. Its been dropped, scrapped and banged off of stuff and it keeps working. It pushs a beam that you can damn near walk on and for a long distance.

sent from Ducttapetech's mobile device

uploadfromtaptalk1372771875899.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1372771875899.jpg (Filesize: 90.68 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

scotland Offline xt60043f

Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 03:56:34 PM
 :drool:

I have a few torches (I don't have a problem, I can control it!). But I always come back to my old lights.

These were made in Cardiff, Wales by a firm called Concordia. The design was made to be safe in the coal mines. Press button light comes on, hold for on, release for off. Press button light comes on and screw the lock down for staying on. Unscrew for off! Simple design that still works today.

(Image removed from quote.)

You may have spotted the one facing camera has an LED fitted. I couldn't help modding one of them  :D
The Leatherman crunch.  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:32 PM
Very nice choices so far, guys. :salute: And cool pics too. :D Keep them coming. :pok:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:58 PM
Here's mine.  It's not the brightest I have, not the smallest, not the trickiest but it is rock solid and has a GITD ring under the lens and GITD button cover so it's easy to find.

Lumapower Dmini VX:

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:01 PM
Jetbeam IIIM.

My winter EDC light. The light is big enough to give the XML emitter a decent amount of throw, but small enough to be easily carried in a jacket pocket.

I really like the interface on this light. With the head tightened, the light always comes on in high mode. With the head loosened slightly, is the user defined mode. This mode can be set to any brightness or to one of the flashing or strobe modes.

Using 18650's, this light is cheap to run. I pretty much run this light on max output.

Light is pictured with its Maxpedition sheath.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 220.93 KB)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:43 PM
I'm short of torches, because most of them are converted with red light filter for astronomy (I use my iPhone as a torch because of that). Among them, my favorite is a Duracell Head Lamp that I promise to post some pictures of. It has 3 leds and I dimmed it a lot. I use it as a head lamp to read astronomical maps and deploy my equipment, but also I use it holding it at hand. In astronomy, the dimmer, the better. our eyes become dark adapted and for most things you don't need a lamp, starlight is sufficient for most tasks. Even a dimmed smartphone LCD can make your eyes heart when you are in scotopsy.
But because I don't always stargaze, a nice bright light would be very useful.

de Offline ThadMiller

Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
My favorite torch is a ThruNite Ti2.
- Small like a Maglight Solitaire but bright as hell!
- Two level brightness
- ...and good looking beside my Tritium-GlowStick...

TI2.JPG
* TI2.JPG (Filesize: 221.61 KB)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:03:41 PM by ThadMiller »

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:39 PM

This 18650 light saber...

Why?!?

Because tattoosteve99 completed it for me...  :D :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 06:35:45 AM
Here's my Sure Fire G2X Pro. I wouldn't consider it a full sized but is is my favorite :think:

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:44 PM
Overall favourite so far... honestly a hard question...

I think it's this one:

Zebralight SC600W.

Love the warm tint, lots of power in a small package and I stuffed it full of glow powder so it's extra sexy :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 07:51:47 PM
Well, if the other mods are going to join in, then so am I. :D

It has to be my Eagletac D25A. 8) 

Small enough to go on my keys, large enough to fit in my hand, bright, multi levels, neutral tint, tail switch, pocket clip....the list goes on. :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 08:51:02 PM
My first "real" torch was Mag 2xC...I remeber when I bought it, almost 10 years ago, I was blown away with quality and power.
I still have it:

Few years ago I bought Surefire 6P, and I added Surefire P60 LED module and Solarforce tail clicky.
Great piece of gear, I keep it in my car.

And my edc carry, Fenix E05.
Small, runs for ages on one AAA Eneloop, and still incredibly bright.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:05 PM
Don't know if this can really be counted as a full size light but....

My Fenix P3D.  This was my hurricane light last October when Sandy knocked out power for 9 days.  It was bright enough to light up a whole room, and despite heavy use didn't need a battery change at all.  :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 04:03:42 AM
I can't pick a favorite

I can say this led lenser is my most carried light lately

it comes to work with me every day :)

thanks Leatherman

Defend the Hive!!!

Donations

Operational Funds