Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Date for the UK meet-up is the 14th -15th Sept. Add your names if interested.

Gareth · 302 · 30265

Poll

Which weekend?

7th-8th
4 (26.7%)
14th-15th
4 (26.7%)
21st-22nd
4 (26.7%)
28th-29th
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice

The site is now booked for Friday the 13th  >:D

A couple of members have said they might pop in for a coffee circumstances permitting  :tu:

1 - Sparky+
2 - kirk13
3 - Taxi Dad
4 - Gareth
5 - 50ft-trad
6 - Farmman
7 - Cupboard (probably)
8 - Tofty+

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
1 - Sparky+
2 - kirk13
3 - Taxi Dad
4 - Gareth
5 - 50ft-trad
6 - Farmman
7 - Cupboard (probably)
8 - Tofty+

what's the '+' for, do they have a meaning ? people that are up for the 13th or these members are bringing  guests ? (or am I just being really stupid again ?  :whistle:)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/

That depends on whether the Friday the 13th and Kirk13 are added or multiplied together.
Nobody wants a repeat of what happened last Friday the 26th but Kirkday the 139th was amazing......i think (if you remember Kirkday the 139th you weren't there man)

And what about Kirkday the 169th ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
1 - Sparky+
2 - kirk13
3 - Taxi Dad
4 - Gareth
5 - 50ft-trad
6 - Farmman
7 - Cupboard (probably)
8 - Tofty+

what's the '+' for, do they have a meaning ? people that are up for the 13th or these members are bringing  guests ? (or am I just being really stupid again ?  :whistle:)

:think: Maybe they've put weight on since last year ... or maybe they come with an extra large fries and drink  ???

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Can I swap the extra fries for a large drink?With two straws? :dd:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

• Zombie Apprentice

So that's the large drink plus another large drink in place of the fries .... for Tofty AND Sparky .... that's four large drinks. I guess Tony didn't tell you how far the toilet block is from where the tents are  :P  :D :D

Don't worry though, there are convenient trees ..... although apparently there was an extra tree the first time Sparky & Gareth went there, that wasn't there when they left .... but that's never spoken about  :whistle:

What happens at the meet, stays at the meet  ;)

gb Offline Tofty

I suspect the plus is to indicate those interested in the 13th but i'd gladly take the fries and drink.

And what about Kirkday the 169th ;)

I believe Kirkday the 169th is when the last moon of Autumn and the sun are in the sky together......or that might be something else.

:think: Maybe they've put weight on since last year ...

Well i know i have, i don't know about Sparky.

No swapsies, you'll have to pay extra.
Pictures of most of my work can be found on my Facebook Page.
Also have a look at my Shapeways Shop and SW Torch Shop for 3D printed items.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return

So that's the large drink plus another large drink in place of the fries .... for Tofty AND Sparky .... that's four large drinks. I guess Tony didn't tell you how far the toilet block is from where the tents are  :P  :D :D

Don't worry though, there are convenient trees ..... although apparently there was an extra tree the first time Sparky & Gareth went there, that wasn't there when they left .... but that's never spoken about  :whistle:

What happens at the meet, stays at the meet  ;)

that tree came down all by itself and there isn't any evidence to prove otherwise. ;)

:D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice

:whistle:

What happens at the meet stays at the meet   :angel:  ( Don't mention the tree, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it )

:pok:  Didn't anyone tell the Guys who are on their first meet the 'chocolate shake for the oldies' rule?   :D
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
1 - Sparky+
2 - kirk13
3 - Taxi Dad
4 - Gareth
5 - 50ft-trad
6 - Farmman
7 - Cupboard (probably)
8 - Tofty+

Sorry I should have said something like 'Add a cross if you are turning up on Friday'

:D
Everything’s adjustable

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
I was just having a think.... well a daydream really  :dd:
I've not been to one of these 'dos' before and I'm REALLY looking forward to it, and am honoured to be included  :D
now I figure most of the folks that are going have similar interests (all be them weird to normal people) we're all multitool/gadget/outdoorsy types, am I right ? now I don't get out much, I don't get into the 'woods' anywhere near as much as i'd like, and not as much as I did when I was young, but I still like all the kit and spend probably more time than is healthy on the WWW looking a bits of gear i'm quite able to live without. Most of it is beyond my budget, maybe not impossible to get, but stuff I really can't justify paying out for. now here's my thinking.... amongst all the cr@p I've built up over the years I may well have things people would be interested in, in the same way i'm sure others have things i'd love to have a 'play' with. I'm not talking about buying or selling, just fondling  >:D so what to take ??? I just know that sitting round the camp-fire (please tell me there will be a fire  :dd:) one of us is going to say "oh yes, I've got one of those....but I didn't bring it with me !" so is there anything someone wants to see particularly ? stoves,tents,knives,bags,pouches,fishing,waterproofs etc?
should we start a "would like to see list" ?
as I've said in other threads, the UK is pretty pants for good outdoors shops, and most of them don't let you touch the goods unless they really think your going to buy, and the shop assistant can be bothered to unlock the cabinet  :whistle:
an example and maybe a start to the list i'd love to see ~
1 maxpedition jumbo versapacks (or similar)
2 Gerber MP600/800
3 ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:04:46 PM by Taxi Dad »

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Thanks TD  :tu:

I will bring my normal toy box and one or two axes for people to play with but just ask if there's something special you want to see

I can't think of anything I want others to bring at the moment but Extra firewood is always welcome

1 maxpedition jumbo versapacks (or similar)
2 Gerber MP600/800
3 Wood
4?

And there's always room for more campers  :cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
i'll try and get some wood  :tu:
would a bag of BBQ charcoal be welcome too ?

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice

Yes Thank you  :salute: I should be able to bring a big pile aswell

I will bring the BBQ/firepit that you have seen in other meet pictures, we cook on it during the day then sit around it drinking in to the night  :cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
i'll bring a pokey stick too  :D
(if the fire dies down we can :poke: Kirky)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Anyone have some stove grade paraffin they could bring?  I have an old stove I'd like to try out but I only have meths and white spirit, no paraffin.

• Zombie Apprentice
Good question .... possibly, but no guarantees ....  :think:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I've got one of these little chaps that I was given; http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/showtopic.php?tid/15634/post/new/#NEW  looks cool to me and might be a fun way of getting a cuppa. 8)

• Zombie Apprentice
That looks like fun  :D I must try to remember to bring my woodgas stove to play with too  :)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I've also rigged up a target backstop from some pallet planks that should be good enough for stopping an air rifle pellet.  Plus I've gotten a pack of targets we can shoot at. 8)

• Zombie Apprentice
I saw THIS the other day too, and thought it might be a good giggle to have a snooker tournament  :D Maybe a little expensive for just a weekends silliness though

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I saw THIS the other day too, and thought it might be a good giggle to have a snooker tournament  :D Maybe a little expensive for just a weekends silliness though
:rofl:  I do think that's a little spendy for a laugh though. :D

• Zombie Apprentice
 :D If I could even remotely justify it for further use after the meet I'd get it  >:D but you've seen the size of my back garden  :-[ probably not a smart move  :P

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
at least you've got a brick wall at the end, I've just got a fence with gaps in it. :-\

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
:rofl:  I do think that's a little spendy for a laugh though. :D

You could do a shooting competition with entry fee of price/number of competitors. Whoever wins the competition gets to take it home. (and bring it back to the next meetup) :whistle:

gb Offline Tofty

Not too sure about making it competitive but i'm really looking forward to doing some target shooting at the meet. I've been trying out some of the more exotic pellet types to see if they live up to their claims of better accuracy and greater range. At the moment i'm waiting on some Rabbit Magnum II pellets (slugs) to arrive to see if heavier equals better.
Pictures of most of my work can be found on my Facebook Page.
Also have a look at my Shapeways Shop and SW Torch Shop for 3D printed items.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Not too sure about making it competitive but i'm really looking forward to doing some target shooting at the meet. I've been trying out some of the more exotic pellet types to see if they live up to their claims of better accuracy and greater range. At the moment i'm waiting on some Rabbit Magnum II pellets (slugs) to arrive to see if heavier equals better.

What rifle are you shooting with mate?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

Just watch your ft/lb-age. Heavier pellets give you more energy. Also if your using a springer,an over heavy pellet will cause too much back pressure and could damage the mainspring :B:

There should have been a grumpy old man smilie to use here :facepalm:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
I need to sort myself out a new tent for this actually, my old one is now in Mongolia.

sparky415: I'll pop some pallets in the back of my car which should go some way to providing some useful wood.

• Zombie Apprentice
I need to sort myself out a new tent for this actually, my old one is now in Mongolia.

sparky415: I'll pop some pallets in the back of my car which should go some way to providing some useful wood.

If you get stuck, give me a yell. I have one of those pop up 2 man tents in the shed that you can borrow for the weekend. I don't have any extra tent pegs, but that won't stop a bunch of multitool carrying wierdoes knocking a few up out of suitable sticks  ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD