Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can you recommend me an android phone to try?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Can you recommend me an android phone to try?
Reply #90 on: May 02, 2016, 09:33:37 PM
I'm going back and forth between the Note 5 and S7 myself.  My S5 is starting to have issues.

Unfortunately due to the level of use and abuse I put them through, I rarely make two whole years with a phone.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #91 on: May 02, 2016, 10:56:55 PM
I'm going back and forth between the Note 5 and S7 myself.  My S5 is starting to have issues.

Unfortunately due to the level of use and abuse I put them through, I rarely make two whole years with a phone.

Def

I think the screen real estate is going to be the win for me so Im likely going to grab the note 4.  Im enjoying being a generation or so behind as the prices for the phones and accessories are significantly less.  Im on a rogers 2gb plan on what they call the "bring your own phone" plan that works out to about 60 a month.

The s7 is decent even though its got a sealed battery.  Its waterproof and you can use an SD card in it.  The S6 is a horrible turd IMO.  Not waterproof, no SD card, no battery swapping AND its got horrible battery life.  My sister in law has an S6 edge and its a huge downgrade form an S5.  The S7 fixes all of that except for the battery swap issue.  I cant stand using a phone while plugged in, so Ive been a battery swapper for a long time.  My routine right now is to swap batteries in the morning and im good until the next days morning.  The S3 I swapped twice a day.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:58:13 PM by Syph007 »
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline JP

Reply #92 on: May 03, 2016, 03:08:45 AM
I am still enjoying the Moto X Play. Coming from a BB Z10 there are features that I miss but the screen and camera are better on the X Play.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #93 on: May 04, 2016, 01:36:08 AM
The waterproofing is what puts the S7 in the running for me.  If I get the Note 5 I will need to get a waterproof case for it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:08 AM
I'd love to get an S7, but I'd have to buy one outright, and can't afford one.  I could sell my iPhone, and that would cover a good chunk, but no way I'm getting rid of it!! lol

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:40 PM
That's just the ghost of Steve Jobs talking....

Def

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
That's just the ghost of Steve Jobs talking....

Def
Haha, you could be right there! :D

I tend to get bored with phones rather quickly, which is why I'd like to have a good Android phone that I could also use.  I do have a Galaxy Mega, but it's rather slow as I think it's spec'd the same as the S3.

If Apple wasn't so bloody damn good with how their computers/phones/tablets work together, it would be easy for me to switch back to an Android phone.  But being able to take a pic on my phone, and have it show up in Photos on my MacBook, along with pics I import off of my DSLR onto my MacBook showing up on my phone is just too damn convenient for me.  Also the ability to create shared albums that family (with iPhones) can access, and also add pics to is great with kids.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 09:05:01 PM
I started buying some note 4 accessories I wanted so I guess that means I made the decision to grab the note 4 I was looking at as soon as I've got the funds.   :D

The mega 2 has enough specs for me but after some reading it looks like updates on that unit caused major issues sob in will stick to the more mainstream models.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68