Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Coffee Thread

Rs217 · 181 · 11891

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Re: Coffee Thread
Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 09:56:22 AM
I'm not a big fan of coffee itself, but I do love the smell of grinded coffee beans  8) .

Me too  :tu: I do enjoy the odd cup of instant coffee (maybe 4 or 5 cups a week), and a very rare cup of filter coffee. The rest of the time it's tea for me. Or Cordial. Or beer. Or wine. Or ....  :D :D

I have tried drinking coffee from a coffee shop a few times and found it absolutely disgusting. I have no idea what all the names mean, but they all seem to taste equally vile just with varying degrees of milk  :-\ I've never been able to finish one yet, let alone decipher why my frappemochacockahoopydingleberrylatte is really any different from the esspressosweatyfartycacchiato I ordered last time  :-\

Having worked in a lunchroom/coffeeshop, I know a bit, like how to make a cappuccino, or a latte... But by far not as 'fancy' as Starbucks goes... I find it all a bit smurf actually, I prefer just espresso, or normal black coffee :)
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 11:02:53 AM
I need coffee daily. When the temperature here starts going north of 35C it's a little more difficult to enjoy a hot cup of coffee, and at that point all those iced coffees sound great.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 04:18:27 AM
Going for the Blond Blend this week. One of my favorites!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
I have a Keurig machine but I don't drink coffee so it hardly ever gets used.  My wife only occasionally drinks coffee, but usually only at work. 

We really only have it around for when people come to visit.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 09:34:56 PM
We have a Keurig machine too.  My wife loves it, but those K-cups are too expensive to keep up with, and we don't drink lots of coffee at home anyway.  Fortunately it was a gift, so at least we didn't waste any money on it.  And like Grant said, it's good to have for those times when we have company. 
K-Tibbs

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 09:52:29 PM
Late to this but I'm a big coffee fan too.

Currently, we're drinking LaVazza in Blu espresso grind, using a Gaggia Twin Baby.

It's a good machine, and faster than our old Gaggia Classic, but I don't think it will be as durable. :(

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #36 on: August 16, 2013, 08:11:03 AM
I mostly drink industial strength Folgers Columbian.    :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 12:49:48 AM
Going for the Millstone Breakfast Blend this week  :cheers:

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 03:18:29 AM
Tried Nescafé for the first time. Love it!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 06:08:47 PM

I've tried coffee and it doesn't do anything for me. I don't care for the taste. Weird thing is though I like coffee flavored ice cream. Straight black tea is my rocket fuel in the morning.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 09:12:04 PM
I tried some sort of cinnamon flavored coffee in my Keurig, and it was  :drool:  It was like combining drinking a really nice coffee and enjoying a cinnamon bun at the same time!  :drool:

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 04:57:58 PM
Today we have...

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 05:08:40 PM
I tried some sort of cinnamon flavored coffee in my Keurig, and it was  :drool:  It was like combining drinking a really nice coffee and enjoying a cinnamon bun at the same time!  :drool:

I think that's one of the flavors we have, and it was one of my favorites.  That and I think Mocha Nut was another I really liked.
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:39 PM

I think that's one of the flavors we have, and it was one of my favorites.  That and I think Mocha Nut was another I really liked.
OOh, Mocha Nut sounds good too!  I'll have to check to see if I can find that one.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 05:12:41 PM

OOh, Mocha Nut sounds good too!  I'll have to check to see if I can find that one.

I also think my wife really liked one called Glazed Chocolate Donut, or something like that.  I wasn't a big fan of it, which is odd because I really like the real thing ;)
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

I also think my wife really liked one called Glazed Chocolate Donut, or something like that.  I wasn't a big fan of it, which is odd because I really like the real thing ;)
I think I tried that one too, but can't remember if I liked it or not.  :think:  They have too many damn flavours to keep track of!  :ahhh

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 10:57:22 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
Yup, that's a good espresso machine. I like coffee but I'm not a fan, I prefer tea. Normally I'll have a turkish coffee but I won't say no to a good double espresso. I like Illy Red, Lavazza Gold and Jacobs in a black package. And this picture below:
Caffeinated Owls.jpg
* Caffeinated Owls.jpg (Filesize: 137.11 KB)
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

hr Offline styx

Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:05 PM
Anyone tried coffee with honey instead of sugar?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 01:50:05 PM
No, haven't tried that.  I don't take sugar in my coffee though, so not sure if I'd like honey in it.  I do like a bit of honey in my tea though, depending on what kind I'm drinking.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 02:43:39 PM
No I have not. But I drink my coffee and tea black and no suger.

sent from my mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 04:51:56 PM

Yup, that's a good espresso machine. I like coffee but I'm not a fan, I prefer tea. Normally I'll have a turkish coffee but I won't say no to a good double espresso. I like Illy Red, Lavazza Gold and Jacobs in a black package. And this picture below:

I really dig Vietnamese coffee

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 01:29:39 AM
Going for this this week.

us Offline David

Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 12:10:02 AM
I mostly drink industial strength Folgers Columbian.    :D

While the above is my go to coffee. I enjoy other coffees. It's been a little slow here so what coffee are you enjoying at the moment?    :)
Hold Fast

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 12:16:26 AM
I don't drink coffee. Always hated it and probably always will. It doesn't even have the "waking up" affect on me. Let the lashing begin!  :D
I'm the milk man!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:18 AM
Two weeks with no coffee and surprisingly I'm not climbing the walls anymore, although the withdrawal headache was a smurf  :twak:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 01:18:36 AM
How did i miss this thread?

I usually drink cheapo stuff. Aldis whatever-their-house-brand-is, but I like to cut it with a little fresh ground HEB 'Taste of San Antonio'.

One teaspoon of sugar per cup, just enough to cut a bit of the acid.

I brew mine in a single-cup brewer. Dunno the brand, and currently too comfy/lazy to go look.

I drink one or two cups a day. I should actually say 'mugs', which are about 2 literal cups each.

I love coffee, and got hooked when i lived in Pittsburgh, and walked past a coffee place every morning, where they roasted their own beans. Roasting coffee beans is one of maybe the top 10 smells in the known universe, IMO.

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 01:24:14 AM
How did i miss this thread?

I usually drink cheapo stuff. Aldis whatever-their-house-brand-is, but I like to cut it with a little fresh ground HEB 'Taste of San Antonio'.

One teaspoon of sugar per cup, just enough to cut a bit of the acid.

I brew mine in a single-cup brewer. Dunno the brand, and currently too comfy/lazy to go look.

I drink one or two cups a day. I should actually say 'mugs', which are about 2 literal cups each.

I love coffee, and got hooked when i lived in Pittsburgh, and walked past a coffee place every morning, where they roasted their own beans. Roasting coffee beans is one of maybe the top 10 smells in the known universe, IMO.

I'm not a big coffee drinker but the mrs is. Even I have to say that the Taste of San Antonio is some good stuff :tu:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline David

Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 04:43:39 AM
Once in a while I like to get a can of this coffee to enjoy.     :)
coffee 001.JPG
* coffee 001.JPG (Filesize: 54.16 KB)
Hold Fast

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 06:35:13 AM
Anyone tried coffee with honey instead of sugar?

A bit late to answer this but it did, i love honey. Its a different taste and depends a lot on the honey you use, for example the more pure yellow thicker honey has a more neutral taste to it and goes better. If you have the brownish or brown and liquid honey that is often diluted and mixed with other things it just ruins the taste.

The result with purest honey is a "smoother" taste one could say since it blends great with some coffee types.

I like it both ways and have sometimes sugar and sometimes honey.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 07:00:37 AM
I don't drink coffee. Always hated it and probably always will. It doesn't even have the "waking up" affect on me. Let the lashing begin!  :D

hey mister fin-on-your-back try some good stuff (like some of the ones mentioned here) and you might change your mind :twak:

seriously, my GF hated it too, said it smelled and tasted like "dirt" which was largely because her parents only drank the cheap sh...stuff but when I introduced her to good coffee and a good machine she now drinks more than me! lol  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%