Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

about the new surge 2013

YIVAN · 80 · 21547

Offline YIVAN

• New User
about the new surge 2013
on: September 09, 2013, 07:10:08 PM
who can tell me,what is the product code for the leatherman new surge 2013?have it been released?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: about the new surge 2013
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:51:57 PM
It hasn't been released yet so we don't know any product codes. But expect a lot of them as they have different product codes for different packaging, different sheaths, bit kit or without, ...

For instance the product codes for the old Surge are: 830158, 830159, 830160, 830161, 830162, 830163, 831024, 831026, 831028, 831030 and 830278.

:D

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:32:21 AM
It hasn't been released yet so we don't know any product codes. But expect a lot of them as they have different product codes for different packaging, different sheaths, bit kit or without, ...

For instance the product codes for the old Surge are: 830158, 830159, 830160, 830161, 830162, 830163, 831024, 831026, 831028, 831030 and 830278.

:D

+1 :salute:
Leatherman

Offline YIVAN

• New User
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 05:21:28 AM
when will the new surge 2013 be released?and new message?

Offline GearsNTools

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 06:58:13 AM
A new SURGE??? HOW??

I love the one they have out now, I don't see how they can improve on it... guess that's why I'm not a millionare. 

seriously the current one rocks. 

EDC Leatherman Charge TTI
Took Belt: Leatherman Surge
http://www.youtube.com/user/gearsNtools

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 01:38:22 PM
A new SURGE??? HOW??

I love the one they have out now, I don't see how they can improve on it... guess that's why I'm not a millionare. 

seriously the current one rocks. 

EDC Leatherman Charge TTI
Took Belt: Leatherman Surge
http://www.youtube.com/user/gearsNtools

The new Surge will be released in September.
Leatherman

tr Offline nervium

• Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 08:17:50 PM
i will buy the current one, i do not believe that new one will be released.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
i will buy the current one, i do not believe that new one will be released.

It will be released. The always said it was going to be near the end of the year and they have the advertising leaflets out already. October or November would be my guess.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 10:47:40 PM
It's getting closer. The new tool layout diagram is featured on the newly revamped Leatherman website. Still pics of the original Surge, though.

http://www.leatherman.com/332.html#prefn1=sizecategory&prefv1=Heavy-Duty&start=7
product_diagrams_tools_surge.jpg
* product_diagrams_tools_surge.jpg (Filesize: 6.04 KB)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:03 PM
It's getting closer. The new tool layout diagram is featured on the newly revamped Leatherman website. Still pics of the original Surge, though.

http://www.leatherman.com/332.html#prefn1=sizecategory&prefv1=Heavy-Duty&start=7

They must have done that today. I was there yesterday and it was still the old page layout. I'm not sure I like the change.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 11:05:21 PM
Yea, I check it about everyday, now (why do I care so much about the new Surge). With it being monday I was expecting the new Surge but found the new page layout instead. The new Surge can't be far behind...

Can it?
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 01:13:53 AM
anybody notice the prices listed on http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tools ?

those look crazy!
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 04:46:53 AM
Yeah, I noticed. Same deal on SOG's website - like $120 for a Powerlock! I can get them in the BX for less than half of that.

We all know the score - cheaper on the streets.

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:11 AM
I like the new site layout :tu:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 10:34:37 AM
anybody notice the prices listed on http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tools ?

those look crazy!

Still less than what we poor Europeans pay  :facepalm: 
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

00 Offline Kukamunga

• drool, *drool* for cool multitoolz
Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 05:28:54 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed on the refabbed site...the schematics for the Surge are for the new Surge.  Also, the tab in my browser reads, "Original Surge".

Flipping krikery; these mothers are really a bunch of freakshow teases, now aren't they??

Just RELEASE the damned thing already.  A little WTF action here; sorry, but - keep to a timetable.  Well, OK, like I ever do.   >:D

Still, release the hounds!!!!
...nothing in his pockets but knives and lint...

hr Offline styx

Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 07:34:18 PM
Generally a project like that needs to be kept to specified dates as best as possible. Even though it is just general  - early September, that has passed. Normally something like this. without a good explanation would hurt the company but I guess that LM has a big enough fan base that will jump on it. So they can afford this kind of looser attitude towards timetable
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 06:02:01 AM
Replaceable wire cutters is all i have heard new

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 06:16:27 AM
the t-shank adapter is now a universal one that has a tensioner that will allow the use of off the shelf t-shank blades.  also the small precision bit adapter is being replaced by a small flat head.
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:43 AM
Don't know if anyone noticed on the refabbed site...the schematics for the Surge are for the new Surge.  Also, the tab in my browser reads, "Original Surge".

Flipping krikery; these mothers are really a bunch of freakshow teases, now aren't they??

Just RELEASE the damned thing already.  A little WTF action here; sorry, but - keep to a timetable.  Well, OK, like I ever do.   >:D

Still, release the hounds!!!!

I was looking at the LM site to see if there was any update on this and noticed that the schematics were changed back to show the original plier head.

Terry

00 Offline Kukamunga

Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 10:35:06 AM
I was looking at the LM site to see if there was any update on this and noticed that the schematics were changed back to show the original plier head.

Aye; I noticed that too.  I'm going to try hard not to go all Postal on LM here, but let's just say I REALLY think that they are going about this in the WRONG way.  A little steamed here.  Uh...excited, but steamed.  Well...excited, steamed...and not understandin' whatchyer doin' here, man.   ;)

OK, OK; I called.  Phoo - I admit it.  But you know what they told me...they said they're going to wait for vendors to sell all their old stock first.  I repeated what she'd said and she then corrected herself and indicated it will be out this month...or three weeks...or -.

Really like LM products.  Nothing's perfect, but I like their design and function.  They seem like a good company.  So...what's the problemo?

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:08 AM
Still waiting for the replaceable beverage holder...

00 Offline Kukamunga

Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 04:38:18 PM
Yeah, realizing that this has become somewhat tiresome...on the other hand, this isn't a bitch session, just an FYI [per LM]:

"Unfortunately, it’s the nature of the industry to sometimes have delays in final productions, release dates, etc.

The last information was that we are hoping to have the new version begin shipping to our Authorized Dealers mid-October.  However, you are correct.  Each Dealer will need to sell out of the original style in their stock before they will begin selling the new version.  When that will be for each Dealer is impossible to predict."

So...this year??  He-he-he.   >:D

I assume, per the email, that LM won't be selling directly...as that [one would suppose] would undermine their dealers.

us Offline metsfan

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:57 PM
I'll just keep using the old surge until the new one comes out.  After that, send in my surge for warranty service then *poof* new surge
:)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:38 PM
I'll just keep using the old surge until the new one comes out.  After that, send in my surge for warranty service then *poof* new surge
:)

Wouldn't bet on it. They'll probably have a load of old or refurbished Surges for years to come to handle warranty returns. ;)

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 10:35:44 PM
Yeah, it doesn't quite work that way.

Terry

00 Offline Kukamunga

Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:14 PM
Wouldn't bet on it. They'll probably have a load of old or refurbished Surges for years to come to handle warranty returns. ;)

Right.  Plus given the problems - such as they are [not a massive meltdown, but more insane thorn-in-side]...might they be expecting such approaches?  Magic 8-Ball responds resoundingly in the positive.  But - good luck.  Let us know how it goes.   >:D  Hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ho-hee-hee-ha.

At a bare minimum, it's what the Joker would do...

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 11:31:56 PM
Wayhey! More dishonest attempts at free upgrades.  ::)

Just as disgusting as the smurfs who buy a piece of crap tool off ebay and send it in for warranty to end up with an as new tool for $10. And folks wonder why Leatherman are focussing their efforts into one piece tools to try and stay alive.  >:(

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline Kukamunga

Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 11:47:52 PM

Just as disgusting as the smurfs who buy a piece of crap tool off ebay and send it in for warranty to end up with an as new tool for $10. And folks wonder why Leatherman are focussing their efforts into one piece tools to try and stay alive.  >:(

I wasn't condoning such action, just having fun with it - just a wee bit.  If someone's bound and determined to do so, I do have a morbid curiosity as to how it actually plays itself out.  Personally, I wouldn't do that.  It's not worth my while - nor a good thing to do.  I'll buy the new Surge - albeit unrepentantly griping under my breath - at least at the process.

I don't feel that LM owe me, but do feel that this process could have been handled...oh, just a tiny bit better.  I feel secure in saying that I'm not alone in that regard.  Now - having said that, does it really matter?  Their delay is not earth shattering stuff.  Just a pain in the ass.  I mean - it's not liking they're giving it away; it IS a product for purchase.

All pro-LM here, but with a reasonably critical thinking opinion on some of the way they do their thang.  I've seen that plenty of times on MTO, despite my short time here.

So...like the beginning of "Casablanca" [to paraphrase], 'We wait...and wait...and wait...  ;)

hr Offline styx

Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 12:06:35 PM

Don't forget that people actually make videos and post them on Youtube about doing that.
Then you factor in the loss inflicted by their local representatives around the world screwing up and folks at LM should really get paranoid. No wonder that now we have rumors and reports of people getting bad service or no service
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%