Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest GERBER?

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Whats you latest GERBER?
Reply #750 on: March 19, 2016, 08:18:09 PM
Gun show was this weekend, and given that this is the first Saturday I've been off in three months, I went.  Steve knows what all I got (:D), but the pertinent bits for this thread are a MP400 and a blunt nose Multiplier. :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #751 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:20 AM
And here it is! :tu: I've owned several of these, very nice, underrated tool.

Please, tell me more about it. If you've owned several, your opinion is even more relevant to me. I have just bought one after drooling over the MP800 for months. It will arrive in a couple weeks hopefully.
What do you like about yours? How strong, durable and versatile do you think it is? Compared to...

or...

?
What not? How does it compare to other MTs you have/had? How is it for EDC and Belt Carry?

Thanks! I've read almost every post on this forum about it but appreciate newer, more fresh info and recent opinions on it.

Thanks again.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #752 on: March 23, 2016, 07:56:56 AM
I missed my MP400 so got myself a nice Gerber MP600.

Pliers are a bit stiff and I'll need to replace the small driver. Maybe put scissors instead of the silly ring, but hey I have a cool flicky again .. and I got it for free  :D.

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #753 on: March 23, 2016, 09:57:23 AM
I really like this little multi, but the scissors really suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

england Offline macabee

Reply #754 on: March 23, 2016, 02:24:00 PM
I have just bought a 'Bladeless' MP600 to ensure compliance with UK knife law's. I leave my regular [bladed] MP600 on my belt indoors. :ahhh
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Whats you latest GERBER?
Reply #755 on: March 23, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Just got an MP700 T3 from forum member jerseydevil. It feels different than the MP800 somehow. Can't put my finger on it. The locks feel different and so does the handle. I figured it would just be a smaller version of the MP800. Maybe it's from a different factory or country?

se Offline WiseDuck

• Quack!
Reply #756 on: March 29, 2016, 06:57:21 PM
This arrived today, the Gerber Razorfish!

Say what you want about Gerber and their knives, they may not be high-end in any way... Except maybe their S30V offerings and their S35VN "Legend" hunting knife, but they sure have a lot of interesting designs unlike other companies with a lot of similar blade shapes and material choices. (Spyderco and Kershaw)

Add this one to the list of interesting designs. So I thought I'd share my first impressions of this one. First, the handle scales are made of aluminium, with the liner lock side having a stainless steel liner. It's quite comfortable in the hand, with rounded edges and whatnot. It's a fairly small knife, but it fits my small hands quite well. The blade material is 7cr17mov like all their other Chinese offerings, it's got a fairly funky design, with a flat grind on one side and a completely bare, almost chisel-like grind on the other side. The edge is still a V-grind, thankfully. It's got a wharncliffe blade shape, with a paracord cutting notch near the handle that also acts as a sharpening choil. The knife came very very sharp.

The lock-up is good, there is zero blade play in any direction and the detent seems fairly strong. You can not shake the blade out of the handle. It does need a slight flick of the wrist to flick open, but I expect to flick it open with ease once it's been broken in. It has no thumb-studs, just a flipper. Overall, it's well made and I'm quite pleased with! No QC issues here, other than maybe the blade being slightly off-center, which isn't a problem for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rvfWnSRPVQ

2016-03-29 17.22.57.jpg
* 2016-03-29 17.22.57.jpg (Filesize: 155.66 KB)
2016-03-29 17.24.37.jpg
* 2016-03-29 17.24.37.jpg (Filesize: 160.26 KB)
2016-03-29 17.23.56.jpg
* 2016-03-29 17.23.56.jpg (Filesize: 79.44 KB)
2016-03-29 17.24.28.jpg
* 2016-03-29 17.24.28.jpg (Filesize: 135.56 KB)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:58:43 PM by WiseDuck »

england Offline macabee

Reply #757 on: March 30, 2016, 06:17:45 PM
I have just obtained an MPT for a song, for my collection.

I have to say that I would prefer it, if Gerber would provide an optional leather pouch instead of the nylon with velcro, I would not mind paying extra

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #758 on: March 30, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
The original sheath for the MPT was leather. I've never seen one except in pictures though.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

england Offline macabee

Reply #759 on: March 30, 2016, 06:39:22 PM
The original sheath for the MPT was leather. I've never seen one except in pictures though.

I should have said that the my MPT came complete with the leather pouch/sheath, I would just like to see leather pouch's/sheath's available for the MP600 for example

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #760 on: March 30, 2016, 06:47:38 PM

I should have said that the my MPT came complete with the leather pouch/sheath, I would just like to see leather pouch's/sheath's available for the MP600 for example

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, a leather MP600 sheath is something I'd buy in a heartbeat. :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #761 on: March 31, 2016, 01:50:52 AM
Just scored a Mr Pinchy v1.3 (I believe this is one of the rarest variants of Gerber's first multi-tool).  I don't expect to see it for a while as it may take some time to wend its way down-under.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:11:23 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #762 on: March 31, 2016, 01:58:15 AM
I didn't even remember I had a Gerber MT til I found this in my dresser drawer!  I understand it is a MP400.  :)

MP400.jpg
* MP400.jpg (Filesize: 346.65 KB)
MP400_case.jpg
* MP400_case.jpg (Filesize: 360.53 KB)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #763 on: March 31, 2016, 02:23:37 AM
I didn't even remember I had a Gerber MT til I found this in my dresser drawer!  I understand it is a MP400.  :)

Like I said on Facebook ;), the MP400 is a great tool. I actually have an old-style blade I can get to you if I can find the sucker......

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #764 on: March 31, 2016, 02:29:25 AM
And here it is! :tu: I've owned several of these, very nice, underrated tool.

Please, tell me more about it. If you've owned several, your opinion is even more relevant to me. I have just bought one after drooling over the MP800 for months. It will arrive in a couple weeks hopefully.
What do you like about yours? How strong, durable and versatile do you think it is? Compared to...

(Image removed from quote.)

or...

(Image removed from quote.)
?
What not? How does it compare to other MTs you have/had? How is it for EDC and Belt Carry?

Thanks! I've read almost every post on this forum about it but appreciate newer, more fresh info and recent opinions on it.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, I missed this post! :(  The 700 is a solid little tool. Not heavy duty like the MP600, more a medium duty tool. The drivers are good, and the scissors excellent.  The pliers are a bit thin, but fine for medium-duty tasks, and have replaceable carbide cutters.  The tweezers as an attached tool is strange though. :think:  I tend to belt carry, and it's just fine for that. All in all, a nice, underappreciated tool. :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #765 on: March 31, 2016, 07:10:44 PM
After minths of search, I finally got a good deal on this one!

it will replace my beat up Powerlock, or at least that's the idea...

Love its scissors, and blade is much better than the SOG's

File and flathead are almos identical

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #766 on: March 31, 2016, 07:40:25 PM
Nice! :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #767 on: April 01, 2016, 06:09:40 PM
More pics from second day of pocket carry, just because it is one of the most beautiful MTs out there.

Only my Blacktip can compete in aesthetics with this alien looking Gerber.

I find the name Legend really appropiate.

And I love the removable saw blades. I installed a woodsaw today, I'll get more use out of it than with the Remgrit.

My toys:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #768 on: April 01, 2016, 08:20:27 PM
The 700's a pretty tool for sure. :tu:  What do you think of it so far?

us Offline super m

Reply #769 on: April 02, 2016, 03:57:13 AM
Love my 700 I also have its little brother. Nice bit of kit.

" Have a tool ...... Don't be one. "
Brothers helping Brothers

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #770 on: April 03, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Rolling my newest Gerber today again.

I think it's gonna earn a permanent place on my EDC, I like it so much!

My toys:

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Whats you latest GERBER?
Reply #771 on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:44 PM
The only thing I don't really like on my MP800 is the blade shape.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #772 on: April 04, 2016, 10:55:54 PM
Yeah it ain't the prettiest shape, but is solid locking and a breeze to sharpen.

I've sharpened it on my coffee mug this morning, just to see if I could, and got it shaving sharp!

Most Gerber blades I've found to be really easy to touch up, so you can sharpen them almost anywhere.
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #773 on: April 07, 2016, 05:37:33 PM
My toys:

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #774 on: April 08, 2016, 06:04:22 PM
Found this for $20

-AdmSlc

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #775 on: April 08, 2016, 09:35:54 PM
US Army issue. :tu: Very nice!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #776 on: April 13, 2016, 07:52:57 PM
Still loving my MP800 like the first day

its looks play a lot on this, of course...

so darn nice and those curves   :drool:
My toys:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #777 on: April 19, 2016, 07:17:44 PM
Not new, but latest ones in a sense.  Handle swapped the MP600 Pro Scout and bladeless version's handles. 

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #778 on: April 20, 2016, 01:26:59 AM
Those look good M   :tu:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!