Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WTB: Leatherman Juice S2 Green

ru Offline wowaboro

WTB: Leatherman Juice S2 Green
on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:44 PM
I will buy Leatherman Juice S2 Green for any money in any condition.

Photo by Breezy12
8699808721_d7695b9a54_b.jpg
* 8699808721_d7695b9a54_b.jpg (Filesize: 434.4 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: WTB: Leatherman Juice S2 Green
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:24:23 AM
Good Luck !  ( I don't think there were many of these made).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:44:00 AM
Good Luck !  ( I don't think there were many of these made).

Yeah, the only one I ever saw was this one from Breezy12 that ended up in Chako's collection.

Good luck with the search though. :cheers:

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

Yeah, the only one I ever saw was this one from Breezy12 that ended up in Chako's collection.

So it is the same tool?
I thought that it is two different and Green S2 not only this forum's phantom  :D
I want to believe!  ::)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:31:54 PM

So it is the same tool?
I thought that it is two different and Green S2 not only this forum's phantom  :D
I want to believe!  ::)

Breezy12 bought it at the Leatherman Portland factory store and later sold it to Chako. So it's an official model, and others must be around somewhere but it must have been made in very limited numbers.

http://forum.multitool.org/leatherman-tools/leatherman-juice-colors/msg723837/#msg723837

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:08 PM

Breezy12 bought it at the Leatherman Portland factory store and later sold it to Chako. So it's an official model, and others must be around somewhere but it must have been made in very limited numbers.

http://forum.multitool.org/leatherman-tools/leatherman-juice-colors/msg723837/#msg723837

Thank you for infomation. But still not well understood about that it's official model.  In LM store that model officially not sold, just tool from warehouse after inventory - without barcode, papers and packages. Maybe it's single factory prototype and not official LM model?

us Offline David

Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:20:51 PM
If you find one you better get it fast or you will have a lot of competition to aquire it. That is a Juice some will be willing to pay a tidy sum to have.     :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 07:24:00 PM

http://forum.multitool.or...lors/msg723837/#msg723837

Thank you for infomation. But still not well understood about that it's official model.  In LM store that model officially not sold, just tool from warehouse after inventory - without barcode, papers and packages. Maybe it's single factory prototype and not official LM model?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant it was made by Leatherman, so not a modded or later repainted tool but one that came like that straight from the factory. I don't believe they would sell the prototypes in the store but Breezy12 would have to tell us how many they had there at the time he bought it. Also the date code on it (08/2006) doesn't coincide with any of the other special runs they had. :think:

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 08:28:57 PM
That is a Juice some will be willing to pay a tidy sum to have.  :D

I know and I one of them  ;)

Sorry for the confusion. I meant it was made by Leatherman, so not a modded or later repainted tool but one that came like that straight from the factory. I don't believe they would sell the prototypes in the store but Breezy12 would have to tell us how many they had there at the time he bought it. Also the date code on it (08/2006) doesn't coincide with any of the other special runs they had. :think:

I mean maybe it was made by Leatherman on the Leatherman factory like pre-production prototype in several copies, but it was not a official serial or limited edition SELLING model. These prototypes just comes to factory warehouse on storage. And after warehouse inventory Breezy12 bought it without papers and packages - just like some artefact :think:

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:20:47 PM
That is a Juice some will be willing to pay a tidy sum to have.  :D

I know and I one of them  ;)

I mean maybe it was made by Leatherman on the Leatherman factory like pre-production prototype in several copies, but it was not a official serial or limited edition SELLING model. These prototypes just comes to factory warehouse on storage. And after warehouse inventory Breezy12 bought it without papers and packages - just like some artefact :think:

hmmm, maybe I should have held onto that green Juice... :D

here's what I know about the green S2:
  • it was purchased directly from the factory at Leatherman's one-time-only warehouse sale in early 2010 (March or April, I believe). I am 100% certain it was produced (and colored) in the LM factory.
  • The sale was held in the warehouse/storage section of the factory. The green juices were sitting in a bin with no packaging or paperwork.
  • I'd estimate there were 40 or 50 of them sitting in the bin. I got there right when the sale started, so I don't think too many were sold before I grabbed one. (I just liked the color.) So I'm sure there are other green S2 models out there somewhere... just not on this forum, apparently. ;)
  • I think wowaboro is correct that it was just a factory prototype. My best guess is that someone decided to experiment with the colors of the Juice scales, and this was something they came up with and produced in a small batch.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:10 PM
Thanks for the update. :cheers: I copied your reply to the Leatherman Juice colors? thread for future reference. :salute:

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 11:50:13 PM
no problem -- always happy to help! :cheers: I just wish I would have bought 5 or 6 of them when I had the chance. :D

and thanks for updating the LM Juice colors thread. :salute: I probably should have included all that info back when that thread was started. :facepalm:

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 05:57:08 AM
Well, I can confirm some of what Breezy12 said - there is definitely more than one Green S2 Juice, I got one in December 2014.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 07:32:05 AM
Well, I can confirm some of what Breezy12 said - there is definitely more than one Green S2 Juice, I got one in December 2014.

Necro thread arise!
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 10:14:02 AM

Necro thread arise!

Just following poncho's lead  :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%