Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Warranty

Offline Philthy

SOG Warranty
on: December 10, 2013, 05:12:05 AM
One of my paratools has a bent wire cutter, that bent on fairly soft wire.  The same type of wire that my other paratool has cut many times with no issues.

I called SOG and explained the situation to see if it is something they would warranty, they told me yes it would be covered then they told me I could send it in or they could send me the plier head.  I asked them to send me the plier head.

I've always liked SOG tools because they are easy to service...I can't wait to put the new plier head in.   :multi:

So as long as I receive the plier head without issue I would give their warranty an A+

Offline Philthy

Re: SOG Warranty
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:23 AM
The new plier head came today.  I'm very happy with SOG's warranty service. :tu:

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:31:40 AM
Good news! I'm glad to hear that they stand behind their products.   :salute:  They could have decided to attempt to wriggle out of this claim by saying that it was wear and tear or abuse of the tool, but they didn't.  This gives me some confidence in investing in one of their not so cheap tools. I've had my eye on the PPP for a while now.   :whistle:

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 05:52:42 AM
I'm not a big fan of their products these days, but I do have to say, the dealings I've had with their service dept. have been flawless. They really do go above and beyond in that arena.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 03:20:13 PM
Back when I broke the pliers on my PL I was aware that I could get a new plier head but didn't bother. I was very thrown-off by the tool at that point for the way it broke.
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD