Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sold Out:SwissTool Spirit, leather case, & Rally $30.99 shipped at Amazon.com

Offline supratentorial

link to Swisstool Spirit on Amazon.com

Update #2: Sold out at Amazon.com and now only available for $47.99 plus shipping from Allsparestools, an Amazon seller.  Update #1: The price was raised back upt to $34.99--still around $20 cheaper than most places.  The price was just lowered to $30.99 for the Friday sale!!!  It was $34.99 for the last few days.  I called and was refunded the difference for my previous order.  I hope the deal lasts a bit longer so that some of you can enjoy the sale.

This is the original Spirit with a serrated sheepfoot blade and scissors.  The Spirit S has drop point blade but lacks scissors.  The sheepfoot blade is fine for my purposes but I'd prefer a plain edge because its simpler to sharpen.

I just got mine today and I'm very happy with it.  The selection of tools is almost perfect for my purposes.  I prefer the Swisstool Spirit to my 1st generation Leatherman Wave which doesn't lock all the tools.  I also like the Rally.  One of my favorite tools on the Rally is the combo philips driver and bottle opener.  The only thing I'm missing on the Rally is scissors but the knife will suffice for most purposes.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 09:58:19 AM by supratentorial »

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Thanks for the tip.  I ordered one.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline plowboy

Certainly is a great price.  I like the sheepsfoot blade and the shallow "teeth."
 :)

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Wow... that's going to be a hard one to resist buying... ugh :(
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
I just ordered 5 for gifts.  I remember paying $20 apiece for Micras a few years back plus tax.  This is a killer deal!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Great deal!  Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, note that that great phillips/canopener combo tool on the Rally is magnetic.
- Terry

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
I couldn't fight it anymore... I went ahead and ordered one...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Wow... that's going to be a hard one to resist buying... ugh :(

I couldn't fight it anymore... I went ahead and ordered one...

By my calculations 665ae, you held out for an amazing 8 hours and 40 minutes before giving up the fight. You seem to have a remarkable resistance to temptation.

We'll have to work on that a bit.  ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
8 hours and 40 minutes?  I have no willpower...

The worst part was when my girlfriend said "If it's a good price, you should go ahead and buy it."

That pretty much killed any attempt to resist buying it.

Offline colubrid

I called and was refunded the difference for my previous order

I paid $34.99 for mine to. Who do I call and what should i tell them to get a refund?

Offline Travis Autry

I saw at SOSAK that some of the guys were signing up for the Amazon Visa card to get an even better deal.  The Visa gives a $30.00 rebate on the first purchase.  With the free shipping they were planning to get the Spirit for 99 cents.

Now, I am certain the Spirit is a great tool.  Though it may be heresy, it just doesn't appeal to me.  That being said, I tried the Visa car trick.  Unfortunately, the system was apparently clogged, so I didn't get instan approval and  credit.  Had I, I certainly would have taken the chance to get the Spirit for a steal.

To those that snagged one, congratulations.  I noticed that the price is back up to $34.99 this morning.  Still a very good price.  Who knows, if it stays there and the Visa comes through, I might be tempted.

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
I am very tempted by this offer, I just need someone to buy it for me and ship it over to me..... As its $35 = £17 plus $10 p&p is about £25.  That is about the price of about the price of 3 Rallys here  :o
E

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
If I could afford it (just got a $1300 repair bill for my car!  :o ) I'd certainly help you out...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

The price was raised to $34.99--still around $20 less than most places. They had around 500 when I ordered and now they only have 51 left! Enjoy the Swiss Tools!

I've given the tool quite a beating and it hasn't screamed for mercy yet.  I did notice that the file looks like it might be plated since it's starting to flake.  The file still works great though.  I thought the whole tool was made out of stainless steel.  Is the file made out of some other steel?  The knife is really sharp for a factory edge and it'll be a while before I need to sharpen it.  I'm really happy with how smoothly all the tools open.  No more clumping and  I no longer need a tool to open my multi-tool. 

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
If I could afford it (just got a $1300 repair bill for my car!  :o ) I'd certainly help you out...

Def

Thanks Def, I hope you get the car sorted out, not a nice thing to get just before Christmas.
E

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Par for the course in my life amigo!  We'll manage, we always do.

Unfortunately, until Leatherman comes out with a bent control arm straightening implement, there will always be some things beyond the multitool handyman!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline gatch

Damn you, damn you, damn you!

I didn't need another one either, but at that price...... ;)

Offline SoDak

Has anyone got there's yet? Amazon says that my 2 haven't shipped yet, although I'm sure the fact that I sent a money order didn't help.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
I got mine a couple days after I ordered it.

Offline supratentorial

Has anyone got there's yet? Amazon says that my 2 haven't shipped yet, although I'm sure the fact that I sent a money order didn't help.

I received mine 2 days after I ordered it but I paid by credit card--I didn't even know they accepted money order.  I'm sure the money order slowed things down considerably.  The SwissTool Spirit will be worth the wait.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%