Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Saddleback Leather (ID) Wallet anyone?

N_N_R · 105 · 14957

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:27 PM
Hi, guys, I've finally managed to order one Saddleback Leather ID wallet (one of their smallest ones) from Amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive (they estimate it to arrive after the NY).

Does anyone of you have any of their wallets or even THIS very one?

I've always been a fan of slim wallets and I've wanted this one for ages.. just never could order it for some reason.

So, what's your experience with Saddleback Leather? :D

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Re: Saddleback Leather (ID) Wallet anyone?
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
I have a Saddleback Bi-Fold Wallet. I got it last Christmas and it still looks new. And it still has that nice new leather smell.
 Very sturdy wallet. 

ca Offline Suveges

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 06:48:17 PM
They make really good stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
Hi, guys, I've finally managed to order one Saddleback Leather ID wallet (one of their smallest ones) from Amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive (they estimate it to arrive after the NY).

I've always been a fan of slim wallets and I've wanted this one for ages.. just never could order it for some reason.

How did you manage to do that? I can't order anything from amazon.com except books and CDs. I've tried to order the ID wallet from them before but couldn't.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:16:30 PM
I've wanted a bag from saddleback leather for a long time. I just can't afford them. I'm sure you'll love it! Let us know how you like it.

-AdmSlc

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:48 PM
I got me one, along with a bifold, I love it a must have! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:54 PM
 a great leather wallet is always a nice piece of gear and WOW 100 yr warranty to boot   :tu:.
Esse Quam Videri

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:30:52 PM

How did you manage to do that? I can't order anything from amazon.com except books and CDs. I've tried to order the ID wallet from them before but couldn't.

Are you asking me seriously?? I mean... I thought I was crazy because, NO, I could NOT order anything I wanted from Amazon before, particularly wallets which I wanted. The other day I just tried again... just so, I dont know why or how. And the site led me page by page through the shopping process, so I couldn't believe it. I thought i'd been doing sth wrong before.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 10:33:42 PM
Thanks for the comments guys and especially MadPlumbarian for the picture! Wht's the colour you have in the picture? I wanted the tobacco brown very much, but it wasn't on Amazon... and ordering from saddleback is insanely more expensive. So I went for the chestnut or the dark coffee brown, I don't quite remember. I think the chestnut, but they look different "live" I think.

And... as for the Amazon issue.... I received a confirmation e-mail, but I don't have any email confirming that it's been shipped or prepared for shipping yet. It usually takes a day with eBay, so I hope it'll be okay here too.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 12:59:34 AM
Thanks for the comments guys and especially MadPlumbarian for the picture! Wht's the colour you have in the picture? I wanted the tobacco brown very much, but it wasn't on Amazon... and ordering from saddleback is insanely more expensive. So I went for the chestnut or the dark coffee brown, I don't quite remember. I think the chestnut, but they look different "live" I think.

And... as for the Amazon issue.... I received a confirmation e-mail, but I don't have any email confirming that it's been shipped or prepared for shipping yet. It usually takes a day with eBay, so I hope it'll be okay here too.
Well I hope you like it cause my two are both chestnut.. And I ordered both mine from saddleback, it was cheaper for me that way rather then amazon, but they were well worth it! The wallet looks untouched, but the I.d. One is finally "barely" getting a bit of a break in, and that's from I think February. here's another pic from when I got them to give you an idea of the color. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 01:29:36 AM

Are you asking me seriously?? I mean... I thought I was crazy because, NO, I could NOT order anything I wanted from Amazon before, particularly wallets which I wanted. The other day I just tried again... just so, I dont know why or how. And the site led me page by page through the shopping process, so I couldn't believe it. I thought i'd been doing sth wrong before.

Well I just checked and it seems I can order the wallet now. Still no SAKs nor multis regretfully, but I can order the wallet. :shrug:

I would have been all over this a few months ago but in the mean time I found a nice thin wallet that I've been carrying lately and I really like. There are a few pics of it to the bottom of this post if you'd like to see it. I know you like wallets. :D

http://forum.multitool.org/gadget-freak-and-edc-forum/enki's-carry-thread-paint-it-black-well-mostly/msg787618/#msg787618

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 07:51:03 AM
@MadPlumbarian

Yesss, great, I do like the way the chestnut looks in "normal" pictures. I think, from reviews I've watched, that these wallets/products get a little darker with time. So if I got the dark coffee brown, sooner or later it would be almost black-like, maybe, and I prefer brownish leather... looks more stylish To Me. :D So the... reddish of the chestnut may disappear a little and turn into more brownish..

@enki

Wow, that's really strange... I've also wanted to buy this wallet for over a year.. reather two years or a year and a half.. lol. Therefore those tiny ones I got from here... anyway. the ID one seems to be a little ticker than them, but since I still want the wallet after 1.7 years, I think I'll like it once it arrives.
Yeees, I remember your LA wallet :D But hey, go order a Saddleback ID one and we'll see whose arrives first :D :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 04:39:39 PM
Okay, AMazon sent me an e-mail that the wallet's been shipped! That's 5 days earlier than their initial "claim" I saw on the site. Let's hope it will arrive earlier and before the Christmas holidays when the post office won't be working.... Jeez, I hate holidays when I'm waiting for a package  :mail:

P.S. Strangely, most people say the shipping is more expensive from Amazon.com. Maybe it varies from country to country, but it cost me like $10 from there in comparison to the offered $25 from saddleback.com
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:52:13 PM by N_N_R »

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 12:56:43 PM
i always thought you could only buy saddleback form saddleback, maybe theyve changed it?  :think:
I

gb Offline Farmman

Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 01:15:05 PM
I have been using the phone case for about a year now. I give it a wipe with bee's wax ever so often. Apart from taking my phones shape it is as good as new.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 03:08:06 PM
It's been awhile, did you receive your wallet yet? JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 03:30:45 PM
It's been awhile, did you receive your wallet yet? JR

No, not yet :( It's been only a week and the tracking shows it left Chicago on 16th. Unfortunately (fortunately for most :D) we'll be having Christmas holidays almost the whole next week, so I guess I won't receive it until at least next Friday.... :((( grrr. At moments like this, I hate the holidays, lol.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 04:39:50 PM
Update: my wallet's gotten stuck in customs. *mad* I'll have to pay some additional fees and taxes and will have it after the NY HoPeFuLly.......................................

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 05:18:50 PM
Oh that sucks, hope everything works out ok! JR

Offline TrickyVic

Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 03:01:44 AM
I've carried this tabacoo brown ID wallet for a few years. Meets all my needs and love how the leather has worn-in beautifully! It's an awesome minimalist wallet.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 07:21:29 AM
 :drool: :drool:   I want minnnneeeeeeeeee

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 07:25:26 AM
:drool: :drool:   I want minnnneeeeeeeeee
:( sorry.. JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 08:53:41 AM
Yeah... thanks. It's very stupid, indeed. I've ordered more expensive things from abroad and I never had to clear anything through customs *crazy*

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 12:40:22 PM
I received it and I love it! :D  :mail: :mail:  The Chestnut isn't so reddish as I was afraid it would be, which is awesome. It's the right shade of brown for me :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 04:45:00 PM
I received it and I love it! :D  :mail: :mail:  The Chestnut isn't so reddish as I was afraid it would be, which is awesome. It's the right shade of brown for me :)

:woohoo: !! Glad you like it. JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 04:50:15 PM

The ID window is rrrrrrrrreallllly stiff, but the rest are ok. I still don't get how you can put 5 cards in each card slot (as advertised). Thank God I have only 4 cards total, lol.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 04:55:55 PM

The ID window is rrrrrrrrreallllly stiff, but the rest are ok. I still don't get how you can put 5 cards in each card slot (as advertised). Thank God I have only 4 cards total, lol.
That I have no clue, cause with a card in each and if you put a few bills in the center, the I.D. Looks as if it's going to crack and burst through the opening. JR

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 06:23:55 PM

Is your camera broken? :pok:

:P

Glad you finally got it and I hope you didn't have to pay any customs fees. :cheers:

Looking forward to a video review too. ;)

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:43 PM
Lol, okay, here are some pics :D

I didn't make them more detailed, because I've put  my ID in the ID window... and this is the toughest ever card slot I've had, so I'm afraid I may damage my ID card if I take it out often for the time being. There's that ID card in the ID window, another card in the slot behind it, two band aids in the same pocket (the one behind the ID), then one card in each card slot on the "back" (what's front and back for that wallet, anyway) and currently I have 12 bills in it.

Unfortunately, I discovered one loose thread on the vertical stitch next to the ID window. I hope it doesn't ... destroy the whole stitch. It's like torn or cut. I manged to use an awl and push it back inside the hole, smurf it. I don't wanna send the wallet back, because I'm sick of the postage services, waiting and paying fees. I did pay for the customs crap, so the total price I got the wallet for is around $50 or a little over this.

Overall, I like it very much because it's very similar in shape and design to my current ID holder that I use as a wallet. The SBL one is a little taller, though, which is good - my money doesn't stick out so much. The colour is perfect as I already said - not so reddish as it looked in other pictures, but just the right for me brown.

Looks and feels great, but with this broken thread, I'm not sure it will last the promised 100 years. Well, I'll be happy with 99, too ;)

us Offline Thisjk38

Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:57 AM
Awesome choice. Ive been carrying this same wallet for the past year and love it. I also bought the credit card wallet and use that on occasion. They really make some great products. I am really tempted to buy one of their bags but they are very expensive, well worth the money I bet.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%